View Poll Results: iPhone 4: What do you think?

Voters
412. You may not vote on this poll
  • I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

330 80.10%
  • ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...

18 4.37%
  • i didnt get one...

32 7.77%
  • I dont like it!

16 3.88%
  • Other: Please let us know what u think

16 3.88%
    i love this phone! i went from iphone 3g to blackberry bold 9700 (great phone) but the blackberry just wasnt for me had to come back home to the iphone
    07-30-2010 12:37 PM
    I can finally vote Yayyyy just got mine today on the first day of International launch. I love it even though I'm still in the process of setting it up.
    07-30-2010 10:52 PM
    I can't stop staring at it. lol I LOVE that it's more solid (less slippery), the display is amazing, it's super fast and I love that it does a lot of what I had to jailbreak my last one to do. I am thrilled to death with it!
    08-01-2010 06:59 PM
    Very happy. I love the speed, the screen, and it looks fabulous. My O'l Lady doesnt even want to handle it..." its so pretty and glossy. I feel like Im gonna break it."

08-01-2010 09:44 PM
    I finally have my iPhone 4 and love it!!! I was holding out for the White but in the end couldn't wait any longer and I think I now prefer the black.. My wife has a 3GS and I've been sneaking plays on that now and again in the runup to upgrade. I came from a BB Bold 9000 and I loved that phone, still do but the os was starting to drive me insane. I miss the qwerty keyboard and I do (and don't!) miss the notifications led! But the apps on it were woeful and the prices extortionate. So far no issues with the 'death grip' (I've tried and can't replicate) although I do have a case and the proximity sensor has been fine. My wife is also happy as I'm not 'borrowing' hers anymore
    08-02-2010 03:37 AM
    Best phone I've ever owned, period.
    08-02-2010 01:33 PM
    I can not wait to buy one
    08-03-2010 05:04 AM
    Very happy with my iphone 4.... Reception issue of course, but not as bad as I thought it would be... From my PoV, jumping from a Iphone 3g to a Iphone 4 ... HUGE DIFFERENCE ... I jus love the ios4.... Its just a big difference from other phoness.
    08-03-2010 11:24 PM
    my battery on my i4 is dispointing
    08-04-2010 07:37 PM
    i've been with blackberry for 5 years now yea 5 i had to break that ole contract of mine to come here to the iphone community. Just couldn't resist that iphone 4 it's the best thing i've ever owned seriously completely awesome. I do miss some of the business aspects of my blackberry but this iphone more than makes up for it in awesomeness!!!!
    08-04-2010 08:22 PM
    I'm happy with mine so far, can't seem to find anything to complain about yet.

I had been using a Blackberry for the last 4-5 years but I think I will be leaving my BB as soon as my contract is done with big red.
    08-04-2010 09:03 PM
    I'm disappointed with mine...calles dropped (I have a case that I purchased). The battery life is disappointing,can barely make it until 6 pm...and that's with the phone just sitting on my desk. While at work I have wi-fi and blue tooth turned off.
    Does sound like there is an issue with my 4?
    There us no Apple store close and I purchased the 4 on eBay (it was new sealed in the box). Would AT&T do anything for me or would I have to send it back to Apple?
    thanks for any opinions and help!
    08-06-2010 12:29 PM
    You would have to deal directly with Apple. Even if you had purchased it from AT&T they would send you to Apple if there is a hardware problem. The only time they would swap it out is if you are within your first 30 days of ownership.

Your battery life is not even close to what I am getting. I could easily go 2 days with this phone if need be. I rarely get down below 40% and this is with heavy use 16 or more hours of standby and 8 or more hours of use.
    08-06-2010 12:39 PM
    Yeah, Frehey, something is wrong. It's 4:15 pm and I've had my phone off the charges since 6:30 am. I have been texting, have email push on one account and fetch on another that I check hourly, WiFi is on, and I keep my screen bright. I've probably got another good 3 hours before it'll go on a charger. You might want to get an appointment with the Genious Bar and take a drive to your nearest Apple Store even if it is a bit of a drive. Heck, I drove 2 hours to go to one just because I had never been to one before! LOL! Now we have one a little over an hour away so that's a little better, but I can't wait until I get one locally. Anyway, hope you can get that fixed because it definitely sounds like there's a problem.
    08-06-2010 04:19 PM
    Love it. If this phone came out with just the new display as the only new feature I would be happy. It's gorgeous.
    08-06-2010 04:27 PM
    restore from new will fix battery problems as well it is a easy fix i love love love my iphone i have had pda phone's since the treo 600 and had pda's since the 90's and this is the most compelling device i have owned yet.
    08-06-2010 05:19 PM
    Thanks OTACORB and ladytonya for the info...guess I'll make the 3+ hour drive to the nearest Apple store and see what they have to say.

Unchewable, thanks but I should have mentioned that I had already performed the restore from new process and it did help the battery life (it was worse before I did that!).
    08-07-2010 06:15 AM
    I'm coming from a 3GS so I'm in the ahhhhh it's alright category. I've had it since Thursday maybe things will changevwith more use.
    08-08-2010 02:12 PM
    I also have been a loyal RIM user for the last 5 1/2 years, my latest three devices being the 8900. 9000, and 9700. This i4 blows them away. I was skeptical at first, but now since Ive jailbroken it, it just keeps getting better every day.
    08-08-2010 05:23 PM
    I had a serious issue with the prox sensor on my first iP4...so I exchanged it for another that turned out to have the same issue!! So, I sold it and got a new BlackBerry 9700...which is just totally boring after using the iPhone, even with it's problems.

So, this Thursday I'm going to exchange this 9700 for either the new BB 9800 Torch with it's new WebKit browser...or return to the iP4, and hope Apple gets off their asses and fixes the PS issue with a SW update soon.

I'm leaning toward another iPhone....
    08-08-2010 06:59 PM
    You guys that swap phones like people change underwear amaze me. The grass may really look greener on the other side, but come to find out it never is. Apple will fix the proximity feature with the next update. YES it needs to come sooner rather than later, but once you become aware of the issue, you know you just can't be moving the phone around a lot while using it. I have the issue, but because I am aware of it I never have any problems.
    08-08-2010 07:32 PM
    If my iphone could hug me back, id be set for life
    08-08-2010 07:54 PM
    You guys that swap phones like people change underwear amaze me. The grass may really look greener on the other side, but come to find out it never is. Apple will fix the proximity feature with the next update. YES it needs to come sooner rather than later, but once you become aware of the issue, you know you just can't be moving the phone around a lot while using it. I have the issue, but because I am aware of it I never have any problems.
    My beef is that although the antenna and prox sensor are "known issues"...Apple is still being almost too calm about them. I mean...if I had just sold a gazillion phones with the hype factor being so over the top, and I wanted to do damage control to keep my customer base...I would be seriously addressing these problems. And, I would be very public about working hard to cure these issues instead of being so hush-hush about them. By doing that, some (like me) who are not robotized "fanboys" who would buy a lump of manure if it had an Apple logo on it, would not be so disappointed and know that help was definately on the way. As it is now, we can only hope that a cure, at least for the PS problem is on the way in the form of a software update...if in fact it is a software issue and not a hardware one.

Fact remains, I will probably come back to the iP4 on Thursday, since the more I read about the BB 9800 leads me to believe it's just not going to do the same job as the iPhone for me. I just wish I could come back with a better taste in my mouth than I do now...
    08-09-2010 10:19 AM
    I just got it, so for now i am
    08-09-2010 02:22 PM
    I love it. I'm having issues with the battery after getting a replacement but It's still a lot better then my 3g.
    08-13-2010 12:07 PM
250 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD