View Poll Results: iPhone 4: What do you think?

Voters
412. You may not vote on this poll
  • I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

330 80.10%
  • ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...

18 4.37%
  • i didnt get one...

32 7.77%
  • I dont like it!

16 3.88%
  • Other: Please let us know what u think

16 3.88%
    I upgraded from the original 2G iPhone to the 4 yesterday -

- This think is wicked fast! All the apps startup instantly and are usable right away.
    - The screen is just marvelous! Retina or not its a pleasure to view!
    - I can reproduce the reception problem - but it is easy to work around it (Thanks for the tip Steve! :-() and I find the call quality is way better than my 2G phone for sure.
    - 3G is revelation to me! I was walking around the neighborhood while streaming a video and it kept up without a problem.
    - The limited multi-tasking is a good enough to stream with Pandora or NPR while browsing or checking e-mail - this is really what I wanted most of multi-tasking.
    - I love the new mail features - particularly the unified inbox and threaded mail!

I hope they do something about notifications in the next update - I hate to have all these notifications pop up when I am doing something else on the phone!
    06-30-2010 02:36 PM
    as the title of my posts says, my opinion has changed, i thought it was me at 1st but then i went to apples forum and noticed over 35 pages, 513 posts of "proximity sensor issues!!!"Everytime im on a call, my face touches the screen and it either puts the call on mute, hold, or whatever else it does and its driving me crazy!!! What the hell was apple thinking putting out an iPhone 4 with sooo many OBVIOUS issues!! There is no way on GODS Green Earth that they didnt know about this!! Im really hating Apple right about now!! im officially pissed!!!

heres the link: Apple - Support - Discussions - Issue with Proximity Sensor during calls ...
    06-30-2010 05:43 PM
    I really haven't had any MAJOR issues. Yes, i can reproduce the reception issue, but it hasn't really been a problem as i no longer palm my phone when i talk. I simply use just my fingers and i have yet to drop a call. I did not have yellow spots, nor have i noticed the proximity sensor problem. So,overall i am completely satisfied with my iphone 4.
    06-30-2010 08:46 PM
    Hello All
    I am new in this forum.
    I am very much glad that I joined this forum as I am a real gadget freak.
    Very much excited to share my thoughts on new gadgets
    07-01-2010 11:38 AM
    I have noticed how the proximity sensor is a bit sluggish to turn off the screen and as a result I touch the screen with my face. The battery is great, I have been dealing with the antenna issue, hoping for a fix other than a case i.e. firmware update. I haven't noticed a speed increase over my 3GS but that is not to say that iPhone 4 is not "a screamer".
    07-01-2010 03:13 PM
    i love this phone so much!! i had to drive for 2 hours just to find one at a best buy and let me tell you that it was so worth it! The display looks phenominal and the camera and hd video recording are awesome!! also the facetime feature is really cool!
    07-01-2010 11:14 PM
    Now that I have had mine over a week, I have to say that I am flat out enjoying this phone. It is fast, the display is great and having multitasking is getting better and better as all my apps get updated to take full advantage of the new API's. In regards to the reception issue since getting the case this has simply not been an issue for me. Like so many others have said I really love the phone.
    07-02-2010 12:05 AM
    uupgraded from 3G.. beyond happy! SO FAST .... amazing camera.. loving iOS 4. everything. thank you apple
    07-02-2010 02:59 AM
    I was having some issues with shiny new iPhone 4 but after restoring to a new Iphone I'm good to go. I have no issues at all. I love this phone....absolutely
    07-03-2010 11:00 AM
    I upgraded from the 3g, and I love this phone. I put a case on it as soon as it came out the box and had no antenna problems. I love the screen, the cameras, its sooooooo fast. I had TMO befor AT&T and AT&T is soooooooo much better, I rarely have bad reception or dropped calls, and At&T gives me a discount every month for being a state employee. I love the apps, i love that I can have my music and my phone in one device, I love the way Mobile Me works with my phone and my mac, I am a very happy customer.
    07-03-2010 11:36 AM
    So far, I love mine. No problems to report yet, and we live in a low-signal area. I still want to test it in our local "dead zone," but we haven't found a phone yet that'll work there.
    07-04-2010 01:26 AM
    I Love the Speed!!! The new features are also really nice, but I have two problems, dropping a lot of calls, i am assuming its the signal issue, since I can make the signal go away just by touching the phone in the "Wrong spot", and the phone has a rattle when you touch or tap on the top of the back (Around the camera and LED flash).

I hope apple can fix the issues, and the phone will be rockin!
    07-04-2010 09:48 AM
    First iPhone came from bb 8900. Love this thing so much.
    07-04-2010 01:16 PM
    First iPhone came from bb 8900. Love this thing so much.
    Wow, that is a big jump. Welcome and enjoy!
    07-04-2010 01:27 PM
    The battery life alone makes it worth the upgrade. Not to mention the speed, the camera, the RAM...it all adds up to make a great phone with only a couple of gripes.
    07-04-2010 08:20 PM
    I finally got to try my iPhone in the "Bermuda Triangle" up the road. I called my SO from the car as I approached the dead zone. Where all other phones have dropped the call, I lost a couple bars, but lost no call quality at all. Never did disconnect. I have tried at least a dozen phones over the years and not a single one has held a call through that dead spot. I love this thing!
    07-04-2010 09:21 PM
    I finally got to try my iPhone in the "Bermuda Triangle" up the road. I called my SO from the car as I approached the dead zone. Where all other phones have dropped the call, I lost a couple bars, but lost no call quality at all. Never did disconnect. I have tried at least a dozen phones over the years and not a single one has held a call through that dead spot. I love this thing!
    If you have a signale the iphone4 will hold on to it great! However, I still can't get 3G at work, stupid government buildings. Actually saw the dreaded "o" for signal the other day.
    07-04-2010 11:13 PM
    Best phone I've ever owned or used. Period.
    07-05-2010 11:17 PM
    Best phone I've ever owned or used. Period.
    Can't say that until we get a jailbreak.
    07-05-2010 11:26 PM
    Yep...aside from the vibration being so weak that I could feel it if the phone was duct taped to my freaking forehead...I am very happy with my new iPhone 4. I can't think of any valid reason to go back to BlackBerry...yet.
    07-06-2010 10:55 AM
    very happy with the speed and smoothness of the interface. the obvious issues I have with it are the ones that most people have (prox sensor, grip of death, etc), but it is definitely a giant leap from my iPhone 3G.

And comparing the screens, I am very surprised how blocky the 3G screen is, and how I was able to both deal with it and never even noticed the pixelation.
    07-06-2010 11:25 AM
    I still have lots to learn, but so far I'm impressed!
    07-06-2010 11:56 AM
    so far im very impressed with it, i just got it about an hour ago, and i love it, camera is awesome, screen is amazing, just a great phone all around.
    07-06-2010 06:25 PM
    my first iphone4 crapped out with a 'no sim card installed' but apple gave me a new one and its been great so far
    07-07-2010 07:16 AM
    Sadly, there are still too many dropped calls out of my office.
    07-07-2010 06:32 PM
250 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD