View Poll Results: iPhone 4: What do you think?

Voters
412. You may not vote on this poll
  • I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

330 80.10%
  • ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...

18 4.37%
  • i didnt get one...

32 7.77%
  • I dont like it!

16 3.88%
  • Other: Please let us know what u think

16 3.88%
    I do experience the signal loss, but I have to try really hard to recreate it. And even so, no dropped calls or loss of data..
    So I'm happy.
    No yellow spots either!
    06-28-2010 11:24 AM
    THe stupid Antenna issue affects me all the time, even surfing because I hold the phone in my left hand and the palm of my hand always makes the connection
    06-28-2010 11:25 AM
    I notice significantly better 3G speeds. Conversations are clearer.
    06-28-2010 11:26 AM
    And yeah, i'll add that i see bar fluctuation in house. But i saw that in my other iphones too, the 3G and 3GS. It's nothing new.
    06-28-2010 11:26 AM
    i am 6'10" as you can imagine i have really huge hands. that being said i don't have much of a choice but to hold it by the metal band.
    06-28-2010 11:28 AM
    This is my guess. One spot in my house I can't get it to drop no matter how I hold it. Also, went out last night and it worked fine, never dropped below 5
    06-28-2010 11:29 AM
    I have no reception issues and I'm not in a 3G area. I'm truly pleased so far with nearly everything about the new iPhone 4. What a great piece of technology!
    06-28-2010 11:57 AM
    i am 6'10" as you can imagine i have really huge hands. that being said i don't have much of a choice but to hold it by the metal band.
    How else can u hold it?? I think thats the way everyone holds it...
    06-28-2010 01:07 PM
    I LOVE the phone, but while I've always had pretty good service with AT&T here in Milwaukee, WI I am finding signal issues at my office with the iPhone4.

I'm gonna wait a few days to see if a magical update fixes it, but otherwise it's going back. I will miss the amazing display, but it does me no good if I can't get 3G connectivity. (I'd rather not have a smart phone if I am stuck using Edge!)

-n8
    06-28-2010 01:58 PM
    It took about 6 more hours than I expected, but
    definitely worth it. I got two and will have one
    up for sale, possibly both when the white comes
    out.

I haven't used it, but I already love it and the
    screen is just out of this world beautiful.
    Duvi, how would you compare it to the Nexus 1? I have a Nexus 1 currently but am thinking about switching back to the iPhone. I thought you gave the Nexus 1 a fair review a while back so I trust your input.
    06-28-2010 06:32 PM
    Between the Incredible speed (both 3G/wifi, and processor), the screen, the great pics and video, and the high end feel of the stainless steel and glass design I'm absolutely in love with it.
    06-28-2010 07:20 PM
    So in love I'll be selling my Evo and dealing with AT&Ts crappy service.
    06-28-2010 09:57 PM
    I love the phone, but I hate the crappy battery life... I can't get through a day without having to charge the phone... How are some people getting 2 full days out of a single charge? Do they use it at all or leave it in standby all the time?

I'm not hating, just really upset, frustrated and disappointed in my experience so far... what good is this thing if I can't use it - no matter how beautiful the screen is...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 06-29-2010 at 02:39 AM.
    06-29-2010 02:37 AM
    I love the phone, but I hate the crappy battery life... I can't get through a day without having to charge the phone... How are some people getting 2 full days out of a single charge? Do they use it at all or leave it in standby all the time?

I'm not hating, just really upset, frustrated and disappointed in my experience so far... what good is this thing if I can't use it - no matter how beautiful the screen is...
    i have nothing but great things to say about the i4 battery life! wayyyyyyyyyyy better then my 3gs so im loving it!!!
    06-29-2010 02:59 AM

I am not sure what you are doing, but I had over 3 hours of talk time today, with almost 7 hours of usage and 12 hours of standby and I am still sitting on 32% of my battery.

Are you running push by chance?
    06-29-2010 03:50 AM
    I am for some things - I am using my iPhone as a work pager as well as a personal device, so I am using an app called MailTones that pushes alerts for one specific email address. The point is to make sure the alert for that email account is loud and annoying.

I am somewhat confused - is push an on or off thing or is it configurable for different apps (like email, facebook, twitter, etc)?

I have turned push mail off, the brightness level is less than 50% (which is a shame considering the beautiful screen that is now pretty dark), Osfoora for twitter is set to update manually, and I am already down to 97% after only 30 minutes... something is not right.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 06-29-2010 at 09:59 AM.
    06-29-2010 09:37 AM
    I love the iPhone 4, I jumped ship to my 3GS (RIP) lol back in Dec when I left BB land, but the improvements in battery life, the display, and the camera alone make it such a better smartphone, you had in camera flash, hd video recording/editing, and the front facing camera.... WOW

this thing is truly amazing
    06-29-2010 02:48 PM

I have turned push mail off, the brightness level is less than 50% (which is a shame considering the beautiful screen that is now pretty dark), Osfoora for twitter is set to update manually, and I am already down to 97% after only 30 minutes... something is not right.
    Yes, I would say something is not right. I unplugged mine this morning and I went an hour and 15 minutes before it dropped to 99%.

Are you leaving any apps in the background that aren't iOS4 tested and approved? Because if they aren't iOS4 tested then they likely aren't using the API's to suspend using resources.
    06-29-2010 04:41 PM
    same here, i went 90 mins before dropping to 99%
    06-29-2010 04:52 PM
    Just out of curiosity... does ATT's new bull**** about no unlimited change your opinions about iPhone 4?
    06-29-2010 05:04 PM
    Just out of curiosity... does ATT's new bull**** about no unlimited change your opinions about iPhone 4?
    AT&T is just the leader of the pack... the others will follow...

But yeah, it's a big deal to people moving to AT&T to get the iPhone4... but as long as you already have an unlimited data plan for any smart phone with AT&T, you can keep it... And it would have been an issue if I wasn't grandfathered in.
    06-29-2010 07:31 PM
    Yes, I would say something is not right. I unplugged mine this morning and I went an hour and 15 minutes before it dropped to 99%.

Are you leaving any apps in the background that aren't iOS4 tested and approved? Because if they aren't iOS4 tested then they likely aren't using the API's to suspend using resources.
    Thanks for the input... I found a few things that I tweaked ... didn't realize that Facebook was using push for so many things... and tested that I could turn off all email push and still get my work pages in real time... so I have made a few tweaks... changed the auto-lock from 5 minutes to 2... and turned off a lot of location based services... except for maps and Poynt.

I am now at 10 hours 2 minutes standby and 3 hours 31 minutes usage... and am at 62% - which is far better than I've seen.

It would just bug the heck out of me to have this great piece of technology and not be able to use it because of battery life.

Thanks for the pointers and the confirmation that something wasn't right... still may be looking to exchange it if it doesn't improve...
    06-29-2010 07:37 PM
    I love mine. Just now it's gone a bit wacky with trying to reply. I got it this morning and the display is fantastic. Haven't had it long enough to know about battery life. I was surprised that I couldn't really notice a size difference until I put it in my pocket then I could really tell

I can't wait until the white ones come out. This 16GB one will become house phone and I'll get a 32.
    06-29-2010 07:50 PM
    Ok, this is not perfect, but it is MUCH better... I got through the day and still have 35% battery left... some phone calls, some texting, played some games, twitter, facebook and email... the battery life is no where near what I was used to with my BB 9700, but the iPhone4 is so much cooler, and the screen is drop-dead-gorgeous. I am thinking that I can live with this.

Last edited by Fausty82; 06-30-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    06-30-2010 01:13 AM
    I'll report back later with all of my opinions, but just want to chime in quickly that I don't like the way it feels in my hand. I know it's thinner than the 3GS, but it doesn't really feel any thinner and the square/sharp edges are less comfortable to hold, IMO. I had been carrying my 3GS around naked, but I'll probably buy a bumper case for this (to address any signal issues also) and suspect that it will feel more comfortable to hold that way.

Other than that, my opinions are positive and I'll share more later. The display and improved camera are great.
    06-30-2010 09:23 AM
250 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD