Are you happy with your iPhone 4?

iPhone 4: What do you think?

• I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 329 80.2%
  • ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • i didnt get one...

Votes: 31 7.6%
  • I dont like it!

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • Other: Please let us know what u think

Votes: 16 3.9%

• Total voters

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
So what do u guys think of the iPhone 4 thus far????? Pros/Cons anyone???

My impressions are:

1. The Screen - i loveeeeeeeeee the display, it looks soooo much better then any device i've seen.

2. Facetime - Its actually a neat feature, i just hope that more and more devices can come up with something compatible because for now, its just i4 to i4

3. Battery Life - I noticed a significant improvement so i cant complain

4. Front Facing Camera - This will come in handy when i want to take pix with friends and family so i love this feature, its sooo easy to use too.

5. 5mp Camera and Flash - The camera takes a much better picture and as for the flash, i think it serves its purpose

6. Speed - The speed to ME, is a Great improvement, i can feel the difference...

Overall: I am loving this new iPhone 4 and i have no regrets about getting myself this wonderful device

This Changes Everything. Again.

-Steve Jobs

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
aside from the signal issues, I am very happy with the phone. a huge improvement over my 3G when it comes to the quality of usage, again, aside from the signal issues. I put a case on it, and it seems to be helping quite a bit.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Coming from a 3G, I couldn't be happier. The jump in speed is crazy. I'm not sure how I was getting by with my 3G. The phone feels so nice when I hold it. The weight is perfect and the screen is amazing! I haven't had any signal issues so far.

I'd really like to see an app that turns the flash on so I can use it as a flashlight.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with it in almost every way, except the signal issues! Hopefully Apple addresses this with a quick update in the next week or so. I hope they don't sit on their asses on this.

Display is great, speaker volume not terribly loud, but very clear, runs smooth and fast, camera is really great, took lots of pics and some 720p video tonight right at dusk and it is breath taking to say the least.

iPhone 4 is a winner, now fix the dang reception issue! hehehe ;)

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 4 is my first iPhone, coming off a BlackBerry Curve. I am in love. This was a big investment on my end and after about 5 hours of playing with it, it was worth it.

My only issue is that turning off the cellular data disables sending and receiving MMS messaging. Not a big deal, but I guess it's to be expected?

Edit:
Yeah, I noticed the whole antennae issue where holding it lowers the network and wifi bars, but based on the two conversations I had and using the wifi, I can't say I had any problems.

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Please elaborate in the signal issues. Are you referring to ios4 incorrectly displaying the signal strength?

Several have shown that if you hold the phone by the sides (antennae bar) that the signal will go down. I've sat here and tried it 5 times and all 5 times the signal did drop while holding it by the sides, even more so when I made a full connection around it with my hand.

Maybe that is what the bumpers are actually for and not for looks????

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I tested the signal by making a 5 minute phone call on 3G signal and it never dropped a bar and i had every single antenna bar covered. also i watched a video of a 3G with iOS4 doing the exact same thing so we shall see.

my short review since im tired is that I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!! It is clearly without a doubt the BEST iPhone/phone ever!!!!

cmikhow#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I tested the signal by making a 5 minute phone call on 3G signal and it never dropped a bar and i had every single antenna bar covered. also i watched a video of a 3G with iOS4 doing the exact same thing so we shall see.

my short review since im tired is that I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!! It is clearly without a doubt the BEST iPhone/phone ever!!!!

Of course it won't drop a bar.. the problem isn't iOS4, it's the IPHONE4.

The aluminum metal whatever it is around the phone, is actually the phone's antenna and people are having issues when using the phone because - the generally accepted theory - is that the human hand, being conductive, is interrupting the signal's outputted and inputted using the antenna.

Considering the antenna IS the body of the phone this is gonna be a tough one to fix, I find it hard to believe this sneaked right past Apple, they must have had people USING this device prior to release, it seems pretty apparent that they picked it up at some point during testing.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
^Your right, cant deny that but as far as dropped calls, im still having those so that never changed lol and to be honest, i dont see any lose in reception when i hold the i4 around the SS antenna... im in NJ if that matters...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Of course it won't drop a bar.. the problem isn't iOS4, it's the IPHONE4.

So all these folks reporting this problem now with 3G's and 3GS's this is all just a figment of their imagination since upgrading to iOS4?

You need to review all reports on various blogs, tech mags and especially on various forums. The reports on all these models now since upgrading.

So are you telling me that suddenly thee 3G's and 3GS's are all having hardware problems since installing iOS4? I don't buy it.

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am loving it, screen its amazing. I had my kids and wife look at the difference between the 3gs screen and the iphone 4 and all i got was wows!!!!!!!. Its fast, slim and even wit my case still looks nice. I am not having any signal lost so far! but over all very happy with it!!!!! now i am ready for iphone 5 or 4gs!!!:)

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Please elaborate in the signal issues. Are you referring to ios4 incorrectly displaying the signal strength?

It is more than "incorrect signal strength" icon. I can audibly hear the quality of the call drop and then eventually cut out if I am holding the phone without a case on it.

Was at my parents house this morning, had a case on the phone, holding it in my hand as I normally would. 5 bars, steady. Took the case off and held it the same way as before. Within 10 seconds, 4 bars, 3 bars, 2 bars, 1 bar. Then I held it with the thumb and forefinger of both my hands by the top and bottom, fingers against the glass. Within about 30 seconds, 2 bars, 3 bars, 4 bars, 5 bars.

Last edited:

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I love it I have had no signal problems no AT&T problems no apple problems. The only problem is finding a case.

I ordered one from Case Mate last night. They finally had a few of the Gelli cases available for sale! I doubt there will be any at the AT&T store when I go to pick up my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox