Reception issue is a software issue VIDEO..

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is like the 3rd or 4th thread on this subject.. Don't you guys read the forum before you post? Just asking, not being a smart ass either!

S

stphnman20

This is like the 3rd or 4th thread on this subject.. Don't you guys read the forum before you post? Just asking, not being a smart ass either!
A lot of them are thinking its the new antenna that is cuz the reception issue.. If I post this (and I have) in those thread ppl will miss my post. So I thought it would be smart to make a new thread about how it's not the antenna issue but a software thing..

And no i'm not a noob at posting on forums..

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
A lot of them are thinking its the new antenna that is cuz the reception issue.. If I post this (and I have) in those thread ppl will miss my post. So I thought it would be smart to make a new thread about how it's not the antenna issue but a software thing..

And no i'm not a noob at posting on forums..

I am down with that.. I love posting. I agree with you I don't think this is a hardware issue. I think this is somehow related to iOS4. The reason is because we are seeing it now with the 3G, 3GS and since a lot of folks got their iPhone 4 today and there aren't any cases readily available without ordering. I think this reception issue just sort of jumped out.

I think it will likely be fixed with a software update, just hoping it is sooner rather than later. In the mean time it would be nice if Apple would ship my black bumper. LOL

Didn't mean to offend you or anything in regards to my saying there are multiple threads on this subject!

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I am not having any problems with bars fluctuating (on my i4).. I have tried holding it every way possible and it doesn't drop the bars ...

Fresh1

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Wow, depending on how I hold my 3GS it actually goes all the way down to one bar! I'm SO glad this is a software issue though, it would suck for apple if they had to replace half of these iPhone 4 models when they are so low on supply.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any problems with bars fluctuating (on my i4).. I have tried holding it every way possible and it doesn't drop the bars ...

Depends on how close you are to a tower. When I am at work the tower is right down the street, I can't get it to do it there either. But in other places where you aren't close it will do it. Many have replicated this issue, it seems to be pretty widespread!

It is great that you aren't having this issue though, I wish I were not!

Last edited:
S

stphnman20

There's a cell tower by my house in it sill does it..

So for iOS4 is being a pain in my @ss!!

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Depends on how close you are to a tower. When I am at work the tower is right down the street, I can't get it to do it there either. But in other places where you aren't close it will do it. Many have replicated this issue, it seems to be pretty widespread!

I will have to test mine out when i am out and about tommorow ..

Fresh1

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Wow, depending on how I hold my 3GS it actually goes all the way down to one bar! I'm SO glad this is a software issue though, it would suck for apple if they had to replace half of these iPhone 4 models when they are so low on supply.

Do you have it in a case or naked?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site

Weird. No matter how hard I try I can not replicate it on my 3GS.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I replicated this exactly with my iOS4 3G that has NEVER been JB. It only happens in my right hand not my left. Very strange.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I drove for 5 minutes with full 3G on a call the entire time with my hand all twisted around the entire side with the antenna bands blocked. NEVER lost a single bar of reception or a hiccup in the call.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
HA! and check out the vid, its "NOT" JB but uptop it says "Heath" instead of ATT....BS Video, turn that crap off! BLAH!

ADDED: also, i did notice his reply about restoring it but it still leaves traces of JB software on the device...Obviously

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73