I have the reception if I hold the iphone4 with my bare hands and without a case. I was relieved it wasn't just me. Now I am wondering what the fix is. Replacement? I put an old iphone 3g case on it and no problems now. Apple should give ALL iphone 4 users a bumper to fix the problem.

Ok before I got the iphone 4 today I upgraded to itunes 9.2 and backedup my iphone 3g (312) firmware. After I activated the iphone 4, I restored from backup. I can't find the Camera app! I don't know if the restore is partiallly corrupt BUT all the default apps are there EXCEPT Camera app. I searched every page and did a hard reset and went to spotlight. It's not there!

So now I am setting up my iphone 4 as a new iphone and I will manually add everything back.
    06-23-2010 08:54 PM
    Hmm. Strange indeed. Well when the iPhone 4 comes out in Canada and I get it, I am planning on setting it up as a new phone. It is always better with a fresh start.
    06-23-2010 08:59 PM
    Same thing happens on my 3gs with ios4...

06-23-2010 09:03 PM
    Same thing happens on my 3gs with ios4...
    how did you fix it? Restore as a new phone?
    06-23-2010 09:11 PM
    how did you fix it? Restore as a new phone?
    Software update from Apple.
    I hear they're already working on a fix. Apparently it's just misrepresenting the reception, and the reception is in fact, still there.
    06-23-2010 10:39 PM
    I hear they're already working on a fix. Apparently it's just misrepresenting the reception, and the reception is in fact, still there.
    hard for me to believe that, since when I was using the phone in my house while holding the bezel, i was getting interuptions, and some garbled audio. With a case, its actually better than my 3G was.

we shall see though, still way too early to see the bigger picture
    06-23-2010 10:41 PM
    I feel like if the signal strength was being misrepresented it would still allow you to make a call or get a call. That is not the case, it actually will go to no service. If this is just a misrepresentation of the signal strength I'v never seen anything like it. Also why would it do it when you hold it in your hand touching the aluminum antenna band, yet when you aren't holding it represent the correct signal strength. Its a strange issue for sure!

They really need to get a fix out ASAP because they are going to end up getting a lot of returns for those that don't read tech forums etc.
    06-23-2010 10:44 PM
    I feel like if the signal strength was being misrepresented it would still allow you to make a call or get a call. That is not the case, it actually will go to no service. If this is just a misrepresentation of the signal strength I'v never seen anything like it. Also why would it do it when you hold it in your hand touching the aluminum antenna band, yet when you aren't holding it represent the correct signal strength. Its a strange issue for sure!

They really need to get a fix out ASAP because they are going to end up getting a lot of returns for those that don't read tech forums etc.
    exactly. people that read forums like these pass around possible "fixes" or "temporary solutions" until official word is released by Apple and AT&T. non-"people in the know" won't be
    06-23-2010 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD