Updated from 3GS to 4... and none of my apps or games transferred to my new device.

Well, I should say a few did, but 90% did.

I'm nervous all my high scores and settings are completely gone... has this happened to anyone yet? Any advice?

If i copy and paste all the files from Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup on my old UUID, to the folder with my NEW UUID... will that recover and restore my apps, games and their data?
    06-23-2010 07:43 PM
    Updated from 3GS to 4... and none of my apps or games transferred to my new device.

Well, I should say a few did, but 90% did.

I'm nervous all my high scores and settings are completely gone... has this happened to anyone yet? Any advice?

If i copy and paste all the files from Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup on my old UUID, to the folder with my NEW UUID... will that recover and restore my apps, games and their data?

Are all of the Apps and games actually IN iTunes as well? It may sound stupid, but I know someone who called me up asking the same thing. All of his music transfered over, but not anything he bought. Found out after he brought his iTunes library over on his laptop that he did not have any Apps on his laptop. He only bought apps via the iPhone, and for some reason the phone didn't copy apps to iTunes automatically (my 3G automatically transfers apps from the phone to my library, but that could just be due to the apps being updated, as opposed to new apps).
    06-23-2010 08:34 PM
    what kinda bugs me about buying stuff on itunes (songs more then applications) is that i had a imac g4, and so thats one authorized computer, i went through a regular ipod (super long ago), a white nano and a red nano so thats FOUR authorized so far, then my powerbook, thats five..and now i'm on my macpro and my iphone..so obviously i couldn't carry it over so long..

i think after six authorized, you're not allowed to carry it over anymore?
    06-23-2010 09:39 PM
    what kinda bugs me about buying stuff on itunes (songs more then applications) is that i had a imac g4, and so thats one authorized computer, i went through a regular ipod (super long ago), a white nano and a red nano so thats FOUR authorized so far, then my powerbook, thats five..and now i'm on my macpro and my iphone..so obviously i couldn't carry it over so long..

i think after six authorized, you're not allowed to carry it over anymore?
    iPods, iPhones and iPads do not count toward the 5 authorized devices. The 5 authorizations are for the desktop version of iTunes.

I have 5 different computers running iTunes and are all authorized to play purchased content. I also have a number of iPods and my 2 iPhones (3G and 4), and all of them can have the data copied to them and they will play fine.
    06-23-2010 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD