I got my new Iphone4 today and I got it all sycned up and activated and when I actually went to use it I noticed my bars were almost zero and then when I would move around it would say no service!

I even went outside where my 3G would always get a good signal now my new iphone ends up dropping the call and then switching to edge.

Anyone else experiencing problems with service on their new phone?
    06-23-2010 06:11 PM
    Looks like it is a bit worse coverage for me too hmmm
    06-23-2010 06:19 PM
    Something is up with 3G right now. Turn 3G data
    off and your EDGE should be working fine.
    06-23-2010 06:20 PM
    iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

Read this, I have actually been able to verify this as legit. Test it yourself. I even used a thin towel around the phone and when my hand doesn't come in contact with the aluminum antenna band, the reception remains perfect. If I touch it with my hand the signal just about drops down to nothing.

WOW! This is not good!
    06-23-2010 06:31 PM
    Interesting. I hear some have the issue and some don't. I do know that Apple has acknowledged that they do have a signal bug that will be fixed. In other words, it shows one bar when the signal would allow for 3.
    06-23-2010 06:40 PM
    Maybe it's a sign of iron-poor blood.
    06-23-2010 06:40 PM
    Interesting. I hear some have the issue and some don't. I do know that Apple has acknowledged that they do have a signal bug that will be fixed. In other words, it shows one bar when the signal would allow for 3.
    I hope that is the case, but we got 5 at the office today and every single one of us can replicate this.

I did hear about the signal bug and if that is the case, they truly need to roll that out sooner rather than later.
    06-23-2010 06:43 PM
    Yeah there is a lot of info about touching the bands is causing a problem with reception.

I wonder if apple an att are aware of this problem.

I have had a few dropped calls and I had a 3G and the service on the 3G was better than this was!!

I'm kinda worried now!!
    06-23-2010 06:56 PM
    Yeah there is a lot of info about touching the bands is causing a problem with reception.

I wonder if apple an att are aware of this problem.

I have had a few dropped calls and I had a 3G and the service on the 3G was better than this was!!

I'm kinda worried now!!
    Its a design flaw that Apple will need to address. Short term fix is to use the bumpers.
    06-23-2010 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD