I am all for protecting my new phone, but with the front of it being Gorilla Glass, is the invisishield really necessary?
    06-23-2010 09:30 AM
    I was thinking about just getting it on the back so I could lay it down on tables without worry. I don't want it on the front. It feels much better with nothing on the screen in my opinion. Plus, if there's a screen protector on the front, you won't be able to enjoy the olio phobic coating.
    06-23-2010 09:37 AM
    Invisishield are nice, however they are kinda sticky, not smooth like goin fully nekkid, however that being said. i ordered my invisishield last tuesday if you decide you can order from zagg .com and look on twitter for discounts just search for zagg and you may find a 50% off coupon like i did, i got 2 for $25
    06-23-2010 10:04 AM
    Never bothered with screen protectors on any iphones. Not a problem really.
    06-23-2010 10:10 AM
    I'm not putting a shield on my IP4: it'll just dim the phone's beauty. I'll get accidental damage protection from Squaretrade. I finally got to where I carry my 3GS without a case, and I love it: I realized that I was missing so much of the design and feel that drew me to the iPhone in the first place. When I put a case on it, it feels thick and non-iPhoneish.

On second thought, I may use a case (if there are any to be found) until the newness subsides, but I'll take the phone out of the case frequently when I'm stationary, at my desk, e.g., to admire it.
    06-23-2010 10:16 AM
    I had one of my 3GS and wasn't very pleased with it. Like others side its not very smooth, its kind of tacky feeling. Not a fan.
    06-23-2010 10:18 AM
    If your refering to the one from Zagg then yes. I have one on my laptop, canon DSLR Screen and current cell phone. At first it may feel tacky but on all of my product it went away. If you are refering to Zagg I bought the custom cut version from the site not the generic kit at bestbuy like a friend of mine did. Go to Zagg.com find your product and order it from them, also if you order it from them they keep your purchase on record and if anything goes wrong with it they will replace it for free.
    06-23-2010 10:26 AM
    I picked up the full body protection kit from Best Buy this weekend. They provide the best level of protection. Some run without them, but I like being able to stick mine in my pocket and not have to be paranoid about keys or lose change. They are tacky at first, but do smooth out. The one thing I do like about the version of the iPhone 4 is that the shield covers front and back glass. I won't use the stuff on the aluminum frame. They are cut just right to fit perfectly, so unlike previous version you won't have to worry about folding the edges, where it tended to catch lent etc.

Overtime they do tend to yellow, but by then I'll probably be waiting on iPhone 5, so who cares! LOL
    06-23-2010 10:33 AM
    Just ordered a casemate case for 20 bucks, free 2 day shipping and screen protector. Case closed.
    06-23-2010 10:35 AM
    Just ordered a casemate case for 20 bucks, free 2 day shipping and screen protector. Case closed.
    Those seem to hide the real beauty of the iPhone in my opinion, not to mention adding bulk!
    06-23-2010 10:40 AM
    READ THIS ABOUT SCRATCHING THE IPHONE 4----- Yes, you can certainly scratch the iPhone 4 -- Engadget
    06-23-2010 10:40 AM
    I plan on using a skin on my phone and ordered mine from best skins ever I used them on my blackberry and they are every bit as good as zagg for 1/3 of the price ($5.99 for a full body skin).
    06-23-2010 10:44 AM
    I already have my Zagg shields ordered for the front of the iPhone4 for my gf and myself. Hopefully they arrive today along with my iPhone. I'm still going to get a case to protect the back glass. I've had my 3GS in an Incase Slider with a Zagg on the front and it is pristine
    06-23-2010 12:10 PM
    What about a steinheil instead? Zaggs are tacky and have the orange peel effect like most wet application protectors. Steinheils are hard, cut precisely and come in several flavors including an oleophobic one. Closest thing to bare glass.
    06-23-2010 12:27 PM
    My Zagg's tacky feel never went away...I've had it on for 9 months.
    06-23-2010 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD