So did Apple lie to me, or am I being impatient?

So did Apple lie to me, or am I being impatient? Post a Poll

• It's not making it today, sorry Charlie.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • It'll totally be there, FedEx just didn't update their shipment info.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

jnateb

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the email yesterday with the magical news that my iphone would be arriving early. I could hardly have been more thrilled! However, my shipment status currently says that it departed Memphis at 3:30am. I live in NYC, and as of 8:57am, it does not say "Out for Delivery."

What do you think? Is it coming today, or did Apple set me up to have my hopes & dreams crushed?

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I got the email yesterday with the magical news that my iphone would be arriving early. I could hardly have been more thrilled! However, my shipment status currently says that it departed Memphis at 3:30am. I live in NYC, and as of 8:57am, it does not say "Out for Delivery."

What do you think? Is it coming today, or did Apple set me up to have my hopes & dreams crushed?

I received the same email yesterday, but NO change , where youd think by now itd say Out For Delivery.

The 2nd phone I ordered from AT&T, was not showing ANY updates till yesterday, where it said Memphis TN all day and night and then this morning at 7 it changed to Out for delivery,,,, Im thinking my 32GB will come in today , while my wifes 16GB(The one I got an email about 23rd delivery) probably wont make it in till tomorrow,,,,,

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i received the email yesterday... the phone at 915am is on a plane from memphis to new york.. fedex page says by 1030... i sincerely doubt they will hit that target...

inkedgeek

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I also live in NYC and waiting for my shipment, I checked the tracking information this morning and it departed Newark at 7:00pm last night but then arrived back to Newark at 7:15pm the same night then departed at 4:05am this morning, as of 9:13am it still says in transit Departed FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ. I have no idea whats going on with FedEx either.

jnateb

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You'll get it when you get it. No need to get bent out of shape.

Normally I wouldn't be too upset, but I took the day off to receive the thing. That in and of itself isn't a big deal, I get decent vaca time and wanted to have time to set it up and such, but if it doesn't come when they said it was, I took the day off for no reason.

justinflood

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Normally I wouldn't be too upset, but I took the day off to receive the thing. That in and of itself isn't a big deal, I get decent vaca time and wanted to have time to set it up and such, but if it doesn't come when they said it was, I took the day off for no reason.

I know how you feel, I took the day off of work today as well, since Apple emailed me specifically to let me know that it'd be here on the 23rd.

Now my tracking information still says that it's on its way from Memphis, and there is no information about when it may arrive, even though it says it's on time and estimated to arrive before a half hour from now at 10:30am, so I doubt it.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
The title of this post makes me laugh. Lie to you? As if Apple set up some nefarious plot just to screw you out of a vacation day.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Apple did not lie. I just got my phone, even thought the FedEx date still lists 6/24 on one of them. They are both not even listed as on the truck yet!

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Mine shows to be in Lubbock, Tx At dest sort facility. Lubbock is about 100 miles from me. It's been there since 3:00am. I should say "out for delivery" by now. But, oh well, what can one do...

It also show to be leaving Memphis at 3:30pm yesterday. It's not anywhere near a 12 hour flight to Lubbock and I'm sure it was on a plane since Lubbock has a large Fed Ex air field there. So, maybe things are getting scanned into their system in real time.

Edit: Thanks cjvitek, makes me feel better.

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
The last update I got on the phones was early this morning. One is still listed as having left Memphis TN, the other is listed as having arrived in the sorting facility. (I am in Texas)

lsignor

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I can tell you there tracking is at least 2- 2 1/2 hours behind at least... I was spam refreshing at 6 am till 8:30 am.. and at 8:30 it updated it was at the sorting faculity about 40 miles from me at 5:57 a.m. but didn't post on the tracking info for 2 hours 33 minutes later :p

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine shows as arriving in Atlanta around 3am and that's the last scan showing as of 10:20am

When I got my iPad it didn't get to Atlanta until about 6 am and was out for delivery by 7:30am

Not sure what's up, if it's not updated by 2 or 3 I may see if I can go pick it up. Like others I changed what day I'd be home this week because of yesterday's email.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2