Verizon iPhone next year?

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Apple is marketing genius,

1. Tell everyone that there is no Verizon iPhone.

2. Get everyone to buy the iPhone 4 with At&t and get a new 2 year contract.

3. Come out next year with iPhone 4 on Verizon so everyone that wants to jump ship with At&t has to
A. Pay ETF to get out of there new 2 year contract.
B. Buy new hardware as the At&t iPhone is not compatable with verizon network.

Its a win win for Apple, At&t and verizon.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I was a verizon customer since my first phone back in 2000, I had read all of the rumors about how Verizon was the superior network and had greater coverage. In the northeast, Verizon is the carrier that most people use, in the West it seems that more people use att. I recently jumped on the AT&T bandwagon and I have not had any problems with dropped calls or poor service, I think it is just people who have never used AT&T saying how bad the network is. I heard all of the horror stories but decided to bit the bullet to get an iPhone and I have been very happy with the decision to change. I don't however live in a city like New York or San Francisco where the networks seem to be a little congested and pokey.

It is not just that. These companies (AT&T and Verizon) did not build up these networks with their own cables. They bought them over the course of years. Hell, up until 2005, the AT&T we currently know was actually SBC (and before that SouthWest Bell. AT&T was actually a different company that got bought by SBC).

In my area, the two cell phone networks were Cellular One and Alltel. CellOne's network was bought by AT&T, Alltel's by Verizon.

These cell phone networks are just patchwork networks. One regions AT&T network is not equal to another regions, which is why some people have huge issues, while others have no issues at all.

killburn37

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is how i see it, the phones cost 600-700 full retail value. ATT pays $400 as a subsidy to those phones so you can buy it for 200-300 would att OR verizon REALLY be willing to pay $400 subsidy on a phone that is not their exclusive. What does this mean for apple, ok we have to sell the phone for 400-500 OR not sell as many because they would cost the consumer 400-500 with out the huge subsidy. it is UNLIKELY that they would like either option. iPhone has been $700 since almost day one, and i doubt they wanna lower the price

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is how i see it, the phones cost 600-700 full retail value. ATT pays $400 as a subsidy to those phones so you can buy it for 200-300 would att OR verizon REALLY be willing to pay $400 subsidy on a phone that is not their exclusive. What does this mean for apple, ok we have to sell the phone for 400-500 OR not sell as many because they would cost the consumer 400-500 with out the huge subsidy. it is UNLIKELY that they would like either option. iPhone has been $700 since almost day one, and i doubt they wanna lower the price

Verizon has no qualms about subsidizing the price of the iPhone. Simple math tells them that it is to their benefit to subsidize a phone for $400-500 while locking the customer into a two year contract. Think about it... the typical smart phone monthly bill is about $100/month. Landing $2400 long term is worth shelling out $400 up front.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
PERFECT statement!

Thank you. Just want to add that like many others I hope the iPhone goes to another network and sooner then later, one it will help free up the ATT network and I want the iPhone to curb stomp Blackberry and Android and I think that it will if it is on more then one carrier in the the US.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen