Wouldn't it be nice?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I just pre-ordered today, decided I was going to avoid all the driving and waiting in lines. what do you think the chances are that July 14th shipments may leave a bit early? I am hoping this works out in my favor!

S

stphnman20

After hearing about people getting theirs today, you never know.

Mrjr

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it'd be nice. But what people are obviously missing is that Apple didn't suddenly build and ship many extra phones, they apparently just allowed Fedex, etc to release them early. Apple has historically not allowed those shipments to arrive before launch day. It's anyone's guess why they did this time (maybe to alleviate too much strain on AT&T from new activations?).

The phones aren't arriving because Apple has more stock now. And I convinced you'll see your new iPhone right around 7/14.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling it was due to the horrible preorder situation and to show that Apple wants everything to go smoothly and when you have over 600,000 people registering their phones you know there will be issues!

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I think it's more fun to think that the 14th is their worst case senario. It would be great to wake up the 4th of July and get a shipment notification.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
After talking with a person with FedEx, I was told the reason people were receiving phones early was to cut back on all of the shipping issues they might possibly have trying to deliver 600,000 iPhones in one day. I'm set to get mine tomorrow, no complaints here.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I would think there is a shot at getting it early for you. I would bet the July 14th date is one of those worst case senarios, but who knows with Apple.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
After talking with a person with FedEx, I was told the reason people were receiving phones early was to cut back on all of the shipping issues they might possibly have trying to deliver 600,000 iPhones in one day. I'm set to get mine tomorrow, no complaints here.

Surely FedEx doesn't believe they are shipping 100% of all orders in one day. Clowns.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I would think there is a shot at getting it early for you. I would bet the July 14th date is one of those worst case senarios, but who knows with Apple.

The website says BY July 14th. I am going to keep my fingers crossed. Reading all these peoples posts about getting their phones today is killing me!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro