OK, So long story short, I have an Iphone 3GS, got it July 31st,2010.

I am primary account holder on account with business discount.

I switched to Sprint 23 days ago, tried the EVO and decided I loved Sprint, just hated the phones and missed my Iphone so now here I am just activated back.

I thought anyone with good payment history and a 3gs would be eligible early, but they told me I am not eligible untill 8-1-10, which is a year after my upgrade, standard on business account I believe.

So my question is, do I call to complain and get an upgrade bump? is there any reason I am not eligible now?

Also I am considering moving to my grandparents plan(they will let me pay less then a single line would cost me) if I do this, would that then change my upgrade eligibility due to me no longer being primary user on business account?!

Sorry for all the questions, I just talked to ATT for an hour and figured maybe somebody here had knowledge or experience to share with me. Thanks for reading at least!
    06-22-2010 06:45 PM
    Well according to Apple, anyone who wants an iPhone 4 and is eligible for upgrade within 2010 can purchase an iPhone 4 on launch day. So I'd say it should be fine and I have no idea why AT&T is giving you any trouble.

Also, try dialing *639# on your phone. AT&T will send you a free text message to tell you if you can get a new iPhone or not.
    06-22-2010 06:56 PM
    Yea dial *639# to see if you eligible..
    06-22-2010 07:01 PM
    that's true to an extent...but my official upgrade would be in 2011 and when i dial the above it says i'm eligible for an upgrade now. hmmmm..
    06-22-2010 07:19 PM
    Does it say you're eligible for a discounted iPhone at a higher price? That just means that they want to charge you an extra $100 for the phone because your contract isn't up yet.
    06-22-2010 07:23 PM
    Been around that road. You have to be good to go in AT&T's system. If *639# says you can, then you can. If not, then you need to call and get that squared away. Good luck..
    06-22-2010 07:24 PM
    "A full discount on a standard handset or IPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 08/01/2010. We can offer you a discounted IPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2 year commitment and an 18 dollar upgrade fee. Please visit a participating IPhone sales location for pricing on this offer."

I am wondering if me canceling and coming back just today may be affecting the system giving me a bump?

Also does anyone know if me moving to a family plan would change my upgrade eligibility to later then 08-01-10?
    06-22-2010 07:24 PM
    Doesn't really matter. Your upgrade is in 2010 which should qualify you but somehow they didn't automatically bump you back. You need to play the email customer service/calling game til they escalate you to someone who can take care of it.

Takes a week or two. Good luck again..
    06-22-2010 07:27 PM
    Try going into a store. My girlfriend wasn't eligible for normal upgrade price until 7/18, but went into a store and the manager gave her the upgrade price on 6/15.
    06-22-2010 07:28 PM
    Does it say you're eligible for a discounted iPhone at a higher price? That just means that they want to charge you an extra $100 for the phone because your contract isn't up yet.

this...but it doesn't say anything about a higher price eventhough i'm sure that's what it means.

i got an "early upgrade" last year for my 16gb 3gs and i paid 399 for it. it was 200 more than the normal upgrade price. smh.
    06-22-2010 07:42 PM
    Call at&t, I bet they will change it for you.
    06-22-2010 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD