Upgrade Eligibility Question, Help!

ilivetowin#IM

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, So long story short, I have an Iphone 3GS, got it July 31st,2010.

I am primary account holder on account with business discount.

I switched to Sprint 23 days ago, tried the EVO and decided I loved Sprint, just hated the phones and missed my Iphone so now here I am just activated back.

I thought anyone with good payment history and a 3gs would be eligible early, but they told me I am not eligible untill 8-1-10, which is a year after my upgrade, standard on business account I believe.

So my question is, do I call to complain and get an upgrade bump? is there any reason I am not eligible now?

Also I am considering moving to my grandparents plan(they will let me pay less then a single line would cost me) if I do this, would that then change my upgrade eligibility due to me no longer being primary user on business account?!

Sorry for all the questions, I just talked to ATT for an hour and figured maybe somebody here had knowledge or experience to share with me. Thanks for reading at least!

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well according to Apple, anyone who wants an iPhone 4 and is eligible for upgrade within 2010 can purchase an iPhone 4 on launch day. So I'd say it should be fine and I have no idea why AT&T is giving you any trouble.

Also, try dialing *639# on your phone. AT&T will send you a free text message to tell you if you can get a new iPhone or not.

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does it say you're eligible for a discounted iPhone at a higher price? That just means that they want to charge you an extra $100 for the phone because your contract isn't up yet.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Been around that road. You have to be good to go in AT&T's system. If *639# says you can, then you can. If not, then you need to call and get that squared away. Good luck..

ilivetowin#IM

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yea dial *639# to see if you eligible..

"A full discount on a standard handset or IPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 08/01/2010. We can offer you a discounted IPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2 year commitment and an 18 dollar upgrade fee. Please visit a participating IPhone sales location for pricing on this offer."

I am wondering if me canceling and coming back just today may be affecting the system giving me a bump?

Also does anyone know if me moving to a family plan would change my upgrade eligibility to later then 08-01-10?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Doesn't really matter. Your upgrade is in 2010 which should qualify you but somehow they didn't automatically bump you back. You need to play the email customer service/calling game til they escalate you to someone who can take care of it.

Takes a week or two. Good luck again..

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Try going into a store. My girlfriend wasn't eligible for normal upgrade price until 7/18, but went into a store and the manager gave her the upgrade price on 6/15.

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Does it say you're eligible for a discounted iPhone at a higher price? That just means that they want to charge you an extra $100 for the phone because your contract isn't up yet.

this...but it doesn't say anything about a higher price eventhough i'm sure that's what it means.

i got an "early upgrade" last year for my 16gb 3gs and i paid 399 for it. it was 200 more than the normal upgrade price. smh.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner