Switching from Verizon to AT&T

gzigoris

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Out in the hinterland AT&T is not that great according to Verizon but as a life long Verizon customer I really don't know anything about that. Can someone tell me what coverage I can expect on an IPhone if I am away from a big metropolitan area?

George

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well, unlike Verizon, 3G isn't everywhere in the US. Verizon will tell you anything to retain you as a customer, but where are you located specifically? Outside of big metros, 3G from ATT isn't nearly as prevalent.

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thats what the Verizon guy at the mall always tell me.."you are not using true 3g in your area, is edge 1.5"...usually i agree with him so i can keep walking but is getting very old. I live in the Cleveland Ohio Area and i never have 3g or drop calls issues. although i don't remember that last time i actually used the phone feature in my smartphone :)

ohessyou

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You will notice a difference

I switched from V to ATT on launch day for the 3GS. I had been with V for over 10 years. My job is about 75% travel all over the South. I have had more dropped calls in one year on ATT than I had the whole time I was on V.

It's a good thing the iPhone is an awesome device or I would have been long gone back to Verizon.

My Treo with unlimited data was rock solid and fast most everywhere but I can't give up my iphone now. I held off and am not upgrading in hopes that 2011 brings the iPhone to V. I will go back in a heartbeat if that ever happens.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Have had my ups and downs with at&t, they have been GREAT to me with credits to my account. Too bad they don't give credits so easily to iPhone customers. Oh well.

The MAIN thing I like about at&t is UMTS. Voice and data at the same time. Switched from Verizon almost 2 years ago. Don't think I could go back to Verizon.

donkeyboy619

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just switched in March from Verizon to AT&T, the wife and I switched, because with BB's on V we were paying out our noses and that included a 20+% discount through my company. I use an AT&T phone for my work, and it sucks. After having the iPhone for a couple of months now, it is great, I have had no issues with the phone or the coverage, which means that the phones we get for work just suck! Just do it, you wont be sorry, the iPhone is worth the risk

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i live in chicago so AT&T is pretty good. I've had verizon and they were by far the best. I just like the iphone and get a discount with aT&T

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had both, but never an iPhone on at&t. I'm currently on Verizon and thinking of getting an iPhone and switching back to at&t. I live in central South Carolina and the Verizon service here has gone from great to not so great in the last couple of months. I'm not sure what changed, but I get more dropped calls than I ever did and the data connection is non-responsive frequently. I'm pretty sure everyone has a 30 day trial so give at&t a try in your area and see how it goes.

mixicino

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat here in Iowa. Like others have said, just give it a try. So far where im at my service is just as good as it was w/ Verizon. I'm just hoping I will get as good of service in the little towns that I work like I did with verizon or else I'll have no choice but to go back.

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
att in delaware has good coverage as well as verizon...so i havent noticed any difference in service since switching from verizon....although if verizon comes out with an iphone....i might leave att to go back too verizon, but life's too short to wait around for that to happen

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site
When I was in MPLS VZW service sucked so bad that everyone I knew on VZW switched to ATT which had great service all over the Cities. Varies by location obviously.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice