So I think I am getting hosed here...

On the Premier site my order date changed to June 21st yesterday morning and I am one of those people that got their order in at 4:15am EST on the 15th. A buddy of mine ordered on the same site at 8am and has a tracking number AND his order date has remained as June 15th.

On another note, while I as cruising the Apple.com store around 9:30am on the 15th - I decided to go ahead and pre-order another one for store pickup on the 24th which was successful - but no confirmation email yet. I called the Apple store and they said they do not have visibility into pre-orders at the store level (I saw a post from a lady that said she called the store to confirm and they were able to do so)

So a couple questions here...

1. Am I getting screwed here on the AT&T home delivery side?
    2. Can anyone confirm if the Apple store does have visibility into pre-orders?

Thanks!
    06-22-2010 08:28 AM
    UPDATE...

Just got off the phone with the AT&T Premier peeps...said all orders sit in back order state due to being pre-orders and also mentioned that since there are 600,000 pre-orders they are shipping today to relieve pressure in the delivery systems...so there is a very strong possibility that people will start receiving them tomorrow...

Hard to believe since there is a formal date on the launch of the 24th...
    06-22-2010 09:05 AM
    Nobody will start receiving them until the 24th. Apple has the delivery companies hold them.

If you reserved at the Apple store, they can indeed check your name to say if you have one there.
    06-22-2010 09:14 AM
    Why do these Apple people insist on lying to me!!!!!

Thanks for the info...
    06-22-2010 09:16 AM
    Nobody will start receiving them until the 24th. Apple has the delivery companies hold them.

If you reserved at the Apple store, they can indeed check your name to say if you have one there.
    You would be incorrect, see here:

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/1...june-23rd.html

http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/22/apple...ver-june-23rd/
    06-22-2010 10:27 AM
    What makes you think she is incorrect? Have you
    ever known an Apple product to be delivered
    early? My 3Gs said the 18th last year and I ended
    up receiving it on the 19th... release day!

Not saying she can't be wrong either, but Apple
    has their ways of making sure it gets delivered on
    the 24th. Then again, this is the largest number of
    pre-orders in which a lot got the "by 24th" and to
    ensure that, I could see it happening early for some.
    I would be pissed if that were the case as I reserved
    and would love to go in to the store a day early to
    pick mine up.
    06-22-2010 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD