June 23rd

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
My FedEx shows in Oakland, CA as well. Only only hours away from where I live. My precious is only a few counties away!!!

Last edited:

cvbcvb

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Another theory? Maybe they are trying to lighten the burden in FedEx and splitting delivery dates in heavier market areas?

Yes, I was thinking this too. I really do think FedEx told Apple to go jump in a lake - ?We?ve got millions of these boxes jamming up our warehouses and you want us to Hold them! No way, out they go...?

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm kinda wondering if they are just deciding there are so many deliveries they can't possibly guarantee them all in one day and are going to relieve some pressure and deliver some early. Why else would Appl send that email? It was very clear that it would be delivered on the 23rd ?

Last edited:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Didn't those who pre-ordered the iPads get theirs a day earlier than the release?

So why would they be so hardcore about the iPhone if they would allow the iPad to be delivered a day early.

That is true I do remember that and I was actually one of them that got mine a day early!

Also I think right now APPLE is very afraid of what is going to happen on June 24 with AT&T system activating these phones. It makes one wonder, would they allow some of these phones to get delivered early in order stem some of the load on the June 24.

I agree with most others it seems unlikely we'll get them early, but I sure got my iPad a day early!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
BrianT: I live in San Bernardino County, Redlands to be exact. I'm kinda wondering if they are just deciding there are so many deliveries they can't possibly guarantee them all in one day and are going to relieve some pressure and deliver some early. Why else would Appl send that email? It was very clear that it would be delivered on the 23rd ?

I agree since sooooooooooo many people pre-ordered this time around they cant possibly get them all out in 1 day. Also activating all those phones on the same 1 day would be chaos too. I really think they are trying to help make up for the pre-order chaos and help some people get their phone early and be all set up in a timely manner. I guess we will see on Wednesday!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
FedEx is showing mind has arrived in Memphis, TN, which is the regional hub before it hits my destination hub. Looking good! hehehe

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
So glad I ordered from ATT... Have a tracking # and no info from FedEx. Sucks. Would have ordered from Apple but got the ATT site to work first. Oh well, at least I'm not have the multitude of issues that others are having.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got the exact same email for both phones I ordered, mine and my wife's!!!!!!

That's TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling that apple has decided to deliver these babies to us on 23rd , while the AT&T ones will be delivered on 24th.

This kinda sucks for me cause my wifes 16 GB is through apple.com with a 23rd email like y'all received.

Mine was cancelled cause apparantley one of my AT&T clicks happened to go through which probably means I have to wait till 24th for mine.

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Got my email too. Mine still showing in Alaska. A quick flight to Hawaii tomorrow, and delivered Wed. June 23! My day off too. My fingers are crossed it shows up! Would be great, and to get a jump on the activation of all the um, 600,000 iPhones that are to be activated on the 24th?

nator76

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
i also recieved 2 emails stating the same.
very cool
whatever the reason, to help alleviate activation traffic, a gift from apple, or because fed ex cant handle the packages,ect, this is very cool. the consumer wins.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro