June 23rd

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just got an email from apple stating the following:

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at Apple Order Status.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

Did anyone else get one of these?!?!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got that exact same email. Could it be possible that we get them on the 23rd? I find it hard to believe that Apple isn't going to make FedEx hold these things till the 24th.

This email IS from APPLE!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got that exact same email. Could it be possible that we get them on the 23rd? I find it hard to believe that Apple isn't going to make FedEx hold these things till the 24th.

Maybe this is them making up for the pre-order nightmare?!?! Fingers are majorly crossed now haha!!!

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I also just got that email. June 23rf was used three times in the email and the email made clear that the FedEx date was wrong! This us very strange, but sediment if true!!!!

skirsk

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It's not uncommon on releases such as this. The delivery date is probably for the day it will arrive at your local distribution center, but I can almost assure you that there will be a "hold for June XX, 2010 delivery". It's how a lot of other companies handle releases with UPS that I've experienced. It's a good thing though, because you know your device is in town and ready to get to you in the am on release day. Woot!

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Wonder if this is true? Maybe a subtle apology for the preorder debaucle by giving us our phones a day early? Will wait and see.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Wonder if this is true? Maybe a subtle apology for the preorder debaucle by giving us our phones a day early? Will wait and see.

Thats what I am hoping.

The email clearly states that even though FedEX and Apple sites have it listed as a LATER DATE it WILL be on my front door on June 23rd! I hope this comes true!

cvbcvb

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Tracking

I too received the same e-mail. It?s good to note that according to FedEx Tracking, my iPhone has arrived in Oakland, CA (via Alaska, Hong Kong & China). I?d say the 23rd is looking very good for delivery.

CVB

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Didn't those who pre-ordered the iPads get theirs a day earlier than the release?

So why would they be so hardcore about the iPhone if they would allow the iPad to be delivered a day early.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I too received the same e-mail. It?s good to note that according to FedEx Tracking, my iPhone has arrived in Oakland, CA (via Alaska, Hong Kong & China). I?d say the 23rd is looking very good for delivery.

CVB

Mine is still listed in Alaska. If mine was in Oakland I'd drive there and tell them to just give it to me lol. I live like 40 miles north of Oakland!

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if they are going to deliver in the 23rf they are emailing to give a heads up since most of us are planning in being available in Thursday and not Wed ? seems weird that they would send this email if they were still going to hold until 24th.

Another theory? Maybe they are trying to lighten the burden in FedEx and splitting delivery dates in heavier market areas?

All just speculation. I hope it's true though!!!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if they are going to deliver in the 23rf they are emailing to give a heads up since most of us are planning in being available in Thursday and not Wed ? seems weird that they would send this email if they were still going to hold until 24th.

Another theory? Maybe they are trying to lighten the burden in FedEx and splitting delivery dates in heavier market areas?

All just speculation. I hope it's true though!!!

That would make sense...as far as the early delivery date and letting people know they need to be available or pre-sign for FedEX.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods