I'm looking at putting this on my 3G when available...

- Turns on custom wallpapers
    - Turns on Multitasking

Yummy.

Steve
    06-22-2010 01:12 AM
    Redsn0w allows you to jailbreak 3g while turning on custom wallpapers and multitasking.

I have it on mine, and I somewhat regret it. My 3G is now crawling instead of walking on 3.0. I remember when it used to run back on 2.0...
    06-22-2010 01:15 AM
    I have full features on my 3G and i have no issues. I dont notice it being as slow as people say. But then again I only need it for a few more days then I will be rockin the iPhone 4!
    06-22-2010 01:17 AM
    I have full features on my 3G and i have no issues. I dont notice it being as slow as people say. But then again I only need it for a few more days then I will be rockin the iPhone 4!
    How did you get the full feature set on your 3G?

Steve
    06-22-2010 01:36 AM
    There is a reason that Apple doesn't allow the multitasking and backgrounds to work on iOS4. There is little doubt that this will cause a hit to performance! Those that say nah, I don't believe it, because the 3G is slow as crap to begin with.
    06-22-2010 01:50 AM
    There is a reason that Apple doesn't allow the multitasking and backgrounds to work on iOS4. There is little doubt that this will cause a hit to performance! Those that say nah, I don't believe it, because the 3G is slow as crap to begin with.
    What a load of crap. Take your trolling elsewhere.
    06-22-2010 02:07 AM
    Excuse me! I am not trolling, I was making a point that the sluggishness of the 3G is why Apple didn't make it available. Now granted you may not like what I've said, but isn't that just too bad!

Everyone is a troll when you don't agree with them these days! Geez!
    Last edited by OTACORB; 06-22-2010 at 02:38 AM.
    06-22-2010 02:26 AM
    Excuse me! I am not trolling, I was making a point that the sluggishness of the 3G is why Apple didn't make it available. Now granted you may not like what I've said, but isn't that just too bad!

Everyone is a troll when you don't agree with them these days! Geez!
    OTACORB is right!! I have the 2G, & 3G, JB both of them! The Sluggishness of both them....WOW!!!!!
    06-22-2010 05:59 AM
    why else do you think that Apple cut out those features on the 3G? The processor can't handle the load of the new software, so they had to cut the features that are more demanding on it's resources.
    06-22-2010 06:29 AM
    3G owner here, and a 3G owner that jailbroke his iPhone multiple times over the past 2 years to add Backgrounder for multitasking. I have seen this phone crawl to it's knees requiring restart after restart.

I highly suggest AGAINST anyone adding the multitasking features to their 3G.
    06-22-2010 07:16 AM
    I have had wallpapers on my 3G for 2 years w\ no slow down so I highly doubt that is a problem. I can understand multi but I would never use that on a 3G anyway I've done without it since 2007 so I can wait till I get my i4. Apple didn't include wallpapers to get users to upgrade because some users who don't care about multi care about the aesthics and thats a dealbreaker for them. I'd much rather use pwnage tool to JB but I may just try Snowbreeze since the black background is driving me nuts. Anyone who's 3G is crawling JB again but don't select multi should be better you can use Backgrounder if you want anyway.
    06-22-2010 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD