Pandora causing overall lag with 4.0?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Say it ain't so. I think Pandora is the first app to really test the background music streaming API and it seems that it can skip, cause safari to be unresponsive or freeze the phone itself. It could be a memory leak or something. Anyone else having similar issues?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have not found this to be the case at all on my 3GS are you on a 3G iPhone? I was listening while at the gym on the treadmill, I did email, wrote some notes to myself, checked stocks, looked up some info in Safari and even made a hotel reservation. Pandora never missed a beat and I found no slow downs whatsoever!

JamesC1119

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a clean install of OS4 and setup the phone as new? Or did you restore from a backup? Seems like people that did not do a clean install are having more problems.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a clean install of OS4 and setup the phone as new? Or did you restore from a backup? Seems like people that did not do a clean install are having more problems.

Yes I did do a restore. I never do an upgrade on a new OS. I didn't even use my old backup to restore in fear of it bringing something to the phone I didn't want it too. So, I set it up like new. It has taken a couple of hours to do it all, but well worth it. I've not had any problems whatsoever!

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Pandora all day and have seen no lag at all on my 3GS. I'm just so happy that I can use Pandora the way that it is ment to be used now.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes I did do a restore. I never do an upgrade on a new OS. I didn't even use my old backup to restore in fear of it bringing something to the phone I didn't want it too. So, I set it up like new. It has taken a couple of hours to do it all, but well worth it. I've not had any problems whatsoever!

So what about your saved games?

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Duvi, you are crazy! Got me laughing though! :D

I only have a few games and I just had them install from iTunes from my Apps, instead of from a backup during the restore.

No, he means your saved game files. Not the game Apps themselves.

For example, if I play thru "Plants vs Zombies", restore my phone to a clean slate, then copy PvZ back, I do not have the saved data of my progress, nor my achievements. I have to restore those from my backup.

This is the main issue I have with the iPhone and iPad. The "Backup" is all or nothing. I would really like to pick and choose what data gets copied back to the phone during a restore.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
No, he means your saved game files. Not the game Apps themselves.

For example, if I play thru "Plants vs Zombies", restore my phone to a clean slate, then copy PvZ back, I do not have the saved data of my progress, nor my achievements. I have to restore those from my backup.

This is the main issue I have with the iPhone and iPad. The "Backup" is all or nothing. I would really like to pick and choose what data gets copied back to the phone during a restore.

Oh I don't know anything about that, I don't mess with games enough to be concerned about that sort of thing.

I agree with you about being able to pick what data gets backed up. I also think that ALL Apps that you install that have data, should give you an option rather to backup or not. You take Rhapsody it backs up your cached music rather you want it to or not. That is dumb because nothing easier than just downloading your playlist songs again. Where as data from games such as you mention would be very important!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox