Here's mine at the moment:

06-23-2010 05:42 PM

Come August 3rd I'll be able to show you.
    06-23-2010 06:14 PM
    you want us to post, but we can't post images or links until we've made 3 or 10 posts.

isn't registering for an account enough?

good grief.
    Stick around for awhile and you will understand why.

look at the white dots at the bottom. it's his last page. hence, his saying that he "took the trash out back."
    Ding ding ding ding!
    For superior powers of observation, I am happy to award you first prize:

and a piece of cake.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-23-2010 at 10:30 PM.
    06-23-2010 10:20 PM
    EDIT: Ok, wow, to all the n00bs here (I'm one, too). Try to think a little outside the box and be patient. Have none of you been on a forum before, seriously?! If you really want to be apart of any community, it's always best to 1) abide by their rules, and 2) don't go mouthing off to established members. Sheesh, if you found the original article, and made your way to the forum, you'd think you'd be able to modify a link...js </my own opinions>

...Now, for those still willing to follow the rules, do this:

- cut and paste the URL for your pic.
    - in the post editor, add a '.' after the 'h' in 'http'.

Ex: h.ttp://www.url.com/pic.png

And there ya go! Once you reach the 10 *quality* posts, you can edit the post here, and delete the '.' Easy as pie!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Wow, thank you so much for the tips! I dropped my original 4 screens of apps down to a more manageable 1! lol It's also perfect for actually seeing the background wallpaper now, too! Plus with the RetinaDisplay, it's absolutely gorgeous! It's like getting an iPhone4 for FREE, minus the hardware updates. lol! If only non-techies knew haha. *shhh!* I can keep a secret, how bout you?!...jk

Methodology:

Since I didn't have many apps to begin with, I guess it made it a bit easier. So, I just started putting similar-function apps together.

This setup pretty much matches how my odd mind works, and even kinda mirrors the ridiculous organization of my browser bookmarks, which I've fine-tuned over the course of some 10 yrs. or so! And it actually makes it *so* much easier for me to find something, since I'm not constantly having to go off memory of an app's exact location.

This always takes me the *most* time, which is why I probably go through the painstaking process of organizing everything so meticulously to begin with! I also tried to maximize each folder to use up its limit of 12 apps, so as to not have any 'wasted space'. Hey, I'm a stickler for efficiency, what can I say? haha.

So, without further ado, this is what I ended up with...

Final result:

Social: TwitBird Pro, TweetDeck, Echofon, Twitterific, Tweetie (I 'shopped' around a lot lol. TBP is by far my fave on the iPhone, and TD on my MacBook/PC), Loopt, FB, Myspace, Skype, IM+ Lite, & Bump
    Entertainment: iTunes, iBooks, artist-specific apps (Kate Voegele & Meiko), IMDB, Flixster, Fandango, Shazam, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Local (iLike) Concerts, YouTube
    Games: IQ?, World War, GunApp, Zippo Lighter, Lightsaber, Ocarina, Fluid
    Productivity: Contacts, Calendar, Calculator, Clock, Notes, Voice Memo, Weather, Stocks, App Store, Air Sharing, Whiteboard, Settings
    Local: foursquare, Yelp, Going, Urbanspoon, Maps, Google Earth, Compass, findametro, Cheap Gas!, Trapster, Currency, Wi-Fi Finder
    Misc: Camera, Genius, Photos, Say Who LITE, TV.Com, Messages
    I put anything that couldn't fit anywhere else in here lol.

Way to go Steve Jobs & Co.! You've made your loyal customers way satisfied with iOS4 for all iPhones! =)
    Last edited by Firestarter; 06-24-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    06-24-2010 05:32 AM
    Upgrading to an iPhone 4, but this is how I have my 3G set up in the meantime (hence the lack of cool wallpaper):

The Vuvuzela app is out on its own because I know its novelty will wear off as soon as the World Cup ends.
    Haha, sorry, but I would never d/l a vuvuzela app in a mil. yrs. I hear enough of 'em while watching the games lol. ;D
    06-24-2010 05:46 AM
    Gr8888 .. It recognizes the type of app like game. Productivity etc., & creates folder name automatically.
    Yeah, I thought that was another kick-*** 'subfeature' of it, too. I wonder what kinda magic Apple cooked up to get that. I'm sure they start w/ the categories from the App Store, but how it knows to group 'em when you 'contain' them is some voodoo that boggles my mind, after learning of this trick on day #2 of iOS4 haha.
    06-24-2010 06:11 AM
    Here is the current set up on my 3GS. As you can see, I like to game on my device. The new folders have really helped in organizing each genre.
    This may be a silly ?, but how do you get the percentage of remaining battery life in the upper right corner? Is that a jailbreak? Thanks!
    06-24-2010 06:25 AM
    I'm also a pre-10 poster, but instead of mucking up the thread with tons of posts, I'll just leave the actual pictures to the reader's imagination.

Condensing all of my games and rare-use apps put me down to three home screens, with which I am very happy. I can have all of the stock apps (that have been occupying space on my last home screen) on the first screen now, without them taking up space. Voice memos, find my iPhone, bump, etc are now all very accessible should I need them for the once per year I may use them, and they aren't taking up precious screen 1 space.

Ready to pick up my iPhone 4 tomorrow morning at the apple store to feel the awesome power of the latest and greatest iPhone model.
    If I may inquire...which model do you have now? And what's the main reason for making the leap to iPhone4? Is it just to get the 'latest and greatest'? Or do you actually have a specific need for the additional h/w features, that you can't get w/ an 'older' model phone w/ the iOS update? Just wondering...

For me, I wasn't interested in the iP4 to begin with, as I just upgraded a 3G to a 3GS last year. I didn't have iP1, and I had to return my 3G right before the 3GS came out. I got a replacement 3G from Apple, bought the 3GS, and sold the 3G.

I liked the 3GS, too, b/c it has the scratch-resistant screen vs. using a screen cover, which cuts down way too much glare, losing the 'shiny' quality of the screen. Being to be able to record video was another selling pt. for me. The compass was also cool, but I don't use it much.

Contrast that with the iP4, where I didn't see much reason to upgrade. I'll be fine till the next iteration!

EDIT: Oh, and hope this 'spam' is ok! ;-)
    Last edited by Firestarter; 06-24-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    06-24-2010 06:46 AM
    I had to join just so I could see the pics! I can see that even with folders I am never going to get down to one screen. Just jotting down ideas for folders I have 20 :-) Right now my apps are grouped into a couple screens with most-used, then some are in categories and some are in colors. All the red apps are together. I have a page of blue and orange, and a page of blue and green. Strange, I know. Well, one post down, nine to go!
    06-24-2010 10:24 AM
    I had to join just so I could see the pics! I can see that even with folders I am never going to get down to one screen. Just jotting down ideas for folders I have 20 :-) Right now my apps are grouped into a couple screens with most-used, then some are in categories and some are in colors. All the red apps are together. I have a page of blue and orange, and a page of blue and green. Strange, I know. Well, one post down, nine to go!
    Well, that's a very unique way of doing it. But hey, to each her/his own, right?
    06-24-2010 11:40 AM
    EDIT: Ok, wow, to all the n00bs here (I'm one, too). Try to think a little outside the box and be patient. Have none of you been on a forum before, seriously?! If you really want to be apart of any community, it's always best to 1) abide by their rules, and 2) don't go mouthing off to established members. Sheesh, if you found the original article, and made your way to the forum, you'd think you'd be able to modify a link...js </my own opinions>

...Now, for those still willing to follow the rules, do this:

- cut and paste the URL for your pic.
    - in the post editor, add a '.' after the 'h' in 'http'.

Ex: h.ttp://www.url.com/pic.png

And there ya go! Once you reach the 10 *quality* posts, you can edit the post here, and delete the '.' Easy as pie!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
    Okay I think we have a keeper here.
    06-24-2010 01:46 PM
    So here is an update to my iPhone, now down to 2 pages
    06-24-2010 02:02 PM
    This may be a silly ?, but how do you get the percentage of remaining battery life in the upper right corner? Is that a jailbreak? Thanks!
    Go to Settings, General, Usage and turn Battery Percentage ON.
    06-24-2010 05:07 PM
    Okay I think we have a keeper here.
    haha, thank you, sir! Appreciate it! I was just flamed by some ***** noob complaining about the ill release of the iphone4...ugh.
    06-25-2010 01:05 AM
    Go to Settings, General, Usage and turn Battery Percentage ON.
    omg, wow, THANK YOU! I'm such a noob lol.
    06-25-2010 01:08 AM
    Ha, sweet. I <3 the Transformers background! Great thing about this thread is that we get to show off our kickass wallpapers and apps! I need to go app hunting again lol, esp. w/ this folder org. now! haha
    06-25-2010 01:09 AM
    *Also not an actor*

"Tanks ta dat new foldahs feetcher in ios4, me and da udder mobsters are more organized an efficient".

This should definitely win "Funniest Folder Names" haha.
    06-25-2010 01:13 AM
    Ha, sweet. I <3 the Transformers background! Great thing about this thread is that we get to show off our kickass wallpapers and apps! I need to go app hunting again lol, esp. w/ this folder org. now! haha
    If you want shoot me your email or whatever in a PM and I will send that wallpaper to you. Thanks for the kind words about it.
    06-25-2010 02:11 AM

heres mine. any one have a custom carrier?
    06-25-2010 03:05 AM
    whoa sorry so big how do i control that. its off my i4
    06-25-2010 03:06 AM
    If you want shoot me your email or whatever in a PM and I will send that wallpaper to you. Thanks for the kind words about it.
    Haha thanks, I actually found a better one than my nebula pic lol. Check this:

The pic is of this gorgeous beauty I met, interestingly enough, online last night on the webcam chat site, BlogTV. Haha
    Last edited by Firestarter; 06-25-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    06-25-2010 09:39 AM
    First, it is easy to get to ten posts, just look around the forums there are many many great threads that you can comment on. Second the 10 post rule is an effort to keep spammers out of TiPb which is good for the community as a whole. If you can't grasp those simple concepts then an internet forum site is really not the place for you.
    Possibly a little harsh...
    06-25-2010 09:39 AM
    I don't think so... Some of these newbies seem to have never used the interwebs before. So impatient and rude, sheesh. The 10 post rule is pretty good, esp. on a forum like this where ppl can post links and images inline with their posts.
    06-25-2010 09:44 AM
    oh and what's FantasticWp?
    06-25-2010 09:58 AM
    oh and what's FantasticWp?
    It's a wallpaper app. It free and has great wallpapers on it.
    06-25-2010 01:39 PM
133 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD