company using Novell Groupwise not compatible with iPhone

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure if this thread is in the right spot or not and apologize if I got it wrong.

My wife has a BB and is on BES at work which has Novell Groupwise handling the syncing of email, contacts and calendars in the office.

Since she is up for a new phone next month, I thought I'd be a good guy (LOL) and give her my 3GS and I'd get the i4. I spoke with her IT department and at the present time Novell doesn't support the iPhone. Supposedly there is a beta version in testing but it hasn't been released and they don't know when they will release it.

Has anyone in the forum had any experience with Novell Groupwise and Blackberries? Any experience with Novell and iPhones.

Appreciate whatever information you might have.

Thanks all

Smalls

Jun 22, 2010
mygamingnet.co.cc
Sorry, no idea. The high school I attended has Novell, but other than troubleshooting errors I had no other experience with it.

I guess she would have to wait for the app or if she could join the beta then she would be able to use it and test it at the same time.

scottcave

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
We use Groupwise at my office and I've been using NotifyLink to sync my iPhone to the Groupwise server for about a year now. It works perfectly. It syncs all email, calendar appts, contacts. They have a hosted "on demand" solution that works well because your IT Dept doesn't have to install or do anything special to make it work. You'll pay about $15/month for their service but it's worth it if you use it often like I do.

Once Novell releases their ActiveSync product for the iPhone then you'll have a free solution (if your company chooses to implement it). Otherwise, something like NotifyLink is necessary to achieve true (two-way) sync on your iPhone or Blackberry.

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Scottcave

thanks for the information.

I will pass it along and see if i can get it moving in the right direction with the IT dept.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR