iBooks Brightness Control

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys, just thought you'd appreciate this bit of info:

Just tried out iBooks for iPhone, it's pretty damn slick, the PDF reader kicks butt.

Anyway, playing around with the brightness I've discovered it actually goes much darker than the iPhone screen normally does. I think this is a really awesome function because it will greatly increase comfortable readability at night time while avoiding eyestrain.

I think the way this is accomplished is that they overlay a black image over the whole app at 50% opacity or something to make everything darker, as you can see that the app-switcher is not anywhere near as dark as the iBooks app in the attached screenshot.

Just thought this was interesting!

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Did you happen to notice that if you have auto-brightness set to on and you change the brightness in iBooks, it stays at that brightness when you exit iBooks?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you happen to notice that if you have auto-brightness set to on and you change the brightness in iBooks, it stays at that brightness when you exit iBooks?

Yeah they need to work on that... iBooks should remember its own brightness, that would be much better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro