what are the chances....

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I can get an iphone4 on launch day at a local best buy without preordering? are there going to be a certian number of phones they get for walk ins? i live in maine, so i would be surprised if we have the crowds that a big city would have.

jsut wondering...

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
yeah, but there is a best buy here in maine that is not in a heavly populated area. will they also get a shipment in? do they all?

i was thinking of getting out of work and giving it a try...

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an apple store nearby? I would think your chances might improve at apple. I agree that best buy is probably going to have limited quantities.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
well the apple store is in the most heavly populated city in maine..so im sure that will be a no go...

and if this makes any diffrence, i will be a new customer

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
What would be the chances of walking in off the street middle of next week to an apple store? I tried to pre order one on the apple phone line last night for pickup middle of next week and she said they weren't even taking orders for 24th.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What would be the chances of walking in off the street middle of next week to an apple store? I tried to pre order one on the apple phone line last night for pickup middle of next week and she said they weren't even taking orders for 24th.

Based on the high demand of this years model and based on how frequently Apple stores were out of stock last year... it's going to be very tight. Just keep checking. They will probably take names...

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
When the 3G came out , it took me until october to get it. 3GS , about 2 hours on launch day at the 5th Ave Apple store.

The i4 will probably be just as hard to get as the 3G. Of course apple did in fact speed up the amount of time customers spent on line if they were upgrading, however, Your best is to wait until the following week or maybe even the following TWO weeks so that all the nerds can get their hands on it first.

That way you wont be in line for ever or be turned away because they ran out of stock. You can still try though since you're not in a big city like NYC.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
well the apple store is in the most heavly populated city in maine..so im sure that will be a no go...

and if this makes any diffrence, i will be a new customer

Makes no difference. If you want one on launch day, that's your best bet. Go early and plan on waiting in line awhile.

Bryville

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I will be going to an AT&T store. I have to set up my plan also, which is another reason. I am planning on calling them Wednesday to ask a couple questions. I plan on getting there around 5, but it all just depends on what they tell me when I call.

S

stphnman20

I rather go to an Apple or ATT store. Both will have large quantities then best buy and walmart. Just saying.

robotphood

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing Apple stores will have a lot more than AT&T, but more people will flock to them as well. Also, would AT&T stories vary in stock based on the location? There's a few around here that don't seem like they would have many customers. But I'm afraid that just means they will only have a few devices in stock?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro