Ios4 upgrade

Stoney Jackson

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, new Iphone user. Got my 3gs two months ago (should have waited, but at least I get the unlimited data plan.)
Anyway, as this will be my first os upgrade, how long doesbit usually take to download and install?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
the real matter is how long its gonna take a DOWNLOAD. Usually when everyone finds out it's being released thats when it takes up to 2 hours to download. To Install should be between 20 and 30 minutes.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
the real matter is how long its gonna take a DOWNLOAD. Usually when everyone finds out it's being released thats when it takes up to 2 hours to download. To Install should be between 20 and 30 minutes.

yeah. freakin rediculous how everyone has to download it at the same time. that is part of the reason iphone 4 preorders got bungled up. people never learn.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
yeah. freakin rediculous how everyone has to download it at the same time. that is part of the reason iphone 4 preorders got bungled up. people never learn.

Yes, Very true. I can imagine all the nerds feverishly clicking " Check For Updates " as I type and only being teased with the " checking iPhone update servers " status bar followed by " ... 3.1.3 is the current verison ".

I checked earlier and it was a no go, my bet is that i'll be pushed out at around 2-3PM EST.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I am going to update at work off my netbook but all my music / video files are at home on my desktop where I usually sync up. eventually I will sync back to my desktop but can't wait to try out the os4.....then next week upgrade to the iPhone 4. MAN I need a life.

anjru0805

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Cool. I backed up last night to be safe and transferred all my pics and videos. So the phone has to be re- activated? How does that work?

once the iOs4 has finished downloading, your phone will need to be restored and reactivated to install it.

your computer will do it all, absolutely nothing to worry about.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I am going to update at work off my netbook but all my music / video files are at home on my desktop where I usually sync up. eventually I will sync back to my desktop but can't wait to try out the os4.....then next week upgrade to the iPhone 4. MAN I need a life.[

I totally agree. I'm not sure why I'm so excited this time, but I can't wait. I keep checking to see if I can download the update yet. I feel pathetic waiting.