Have you received your AT&T tracking number?

tmasopust

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
JonDigital,

I understand your frustration. You said you went to the AT&T store to reserver one vs. online. I've seen several threads that imply the AT&T store employees just gave up trying to enter orders electronically and waited until the next day or worse. This served the same effect if you'd just waited until the 16th or 17th to place the order online with Apple. It's a shame!!! You need to be mad at the AT&T employee that took your order.

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
JonDigital,

I understand your frustration. You said you went to the AT&T store to reserver one vs. online. I've seen several threads that imply the AT&T store employees just gave up trying to enter orders electronically and waited until the next day or worse. This served the same effect if you'd just waited until the 16th or 17th to place the order online with Apple. It's a shame!!! You need to be mad at the AT&T employee that took your order.

Nope I actually placed my order online via the AT&T website on June 15th, at 3:00 PM EST. Got an order confirmation and everything. Order showed up on the order status page on June 16th.

As of this post my order still shows:

Date Ordered: 06/16/10 <--- even though I placed my order online at 3:00 PM EST on 06/15/10
Ship Date: Blank
Qty Ordered: 1
Qty Shipped: 0
Qty Back-Ordered: 0
Carrier: Blank
Tracking Number: Blank

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
Nope I actually placed my order online via the AT&T website on June 15th, at 3:00 PM EST. Got an order confirmation and everything. Order showed up on the order status page on June 16th.

Date Ordered: 06/16/10 <--- even though I placed my order online at 3:00 PM EST on 06/15/10

Wonder if they ship ours out friday morning, if they will do a saturday overnight delivery via fedex.

tmasopust

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
JohnDigital,

Sounds like yours was placed 2-3 hours after mine. Everything looks identical as my experience except for the face that by backorder status toggled from 0 to 1 at some point mid-last week. And I placed mine with Premier.

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if they ship ours out friday morning, if they will do a saturday overnight delivery via fedex.
That would be very nice and very unexpected. Although they did ship iPad's on Saturday. I'm not going to let this ruin my weekend. My girlfriend will not let me live this down if I ***** about my phone all weekend! LOL

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
JohnDigital,

Sounds like yours was placed 2-3 hours after mine. Everything looks identical as my experience except for the face that by backorder status toggled from 0 to 1 at some point mid-last week. And I placed mine with Premier.

What exactly is premiere? Is that a business account?

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I ordered mine in the AT&T store on the 15th and I now have a UPS tracking number for delivery today (Wednesday). Anyone else have a UPS tracking number?

tmasopust

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
JonDigital,

Yes and no. I just associated my personal account with the company I'm doing work for as they get a 15% discount. When you do that, it appears your order goes through AT&T Premier support. Not sure how "Premier" it is but it saved me %15 on the monthly plan fee and iPhone data plan.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Wish I had a tracking #. @matthew23 and @sagacity4 did your orders show any items backordered?

yeah, mine showed backordered from about the 19th through last night. Then, this afternoon (about two hours ago) it provided tracking info and said it was shipped on the 23rd. Tracking number does not work yet.

Knock on wood but I am hoping it arrives tomorrow. Don't lose hope, all those reps at AT&T people have been *****ing about may have actually been right. my said "ATTENTION!" on the premier site from the 16th through 19th. I called every day and was told not to worry about it - I would have my phone on the 24th or 25th. I didn't really believe them and figured they were just trying to shut me up...

Synozeer

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I'm in almost the same boat as you. Ordered around 2:30pm on the 15th, but my order shows up as the 16th. Also showing "In Progress", Qty Ordered 2, and nothing else. Been like that since I ordered my two 32gb black iPhones.

I'm also in South Florida, but that's probably a coincidence.

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Holy **** I do not believe my eyes. If I didn't have such a foul taste in my mouth from AT&T I would refuse to believe what I am seeing. I have a tracking number now AND a ship date! Seriously, I'm 32 years old, I should not be squealing like a teenage girl over Justin freaking Bieber.

I now have a ship date of 6/23/2010. Carrier being shipped is by UPS. Tracking information is not in the system yet but from experience at my job I know UPS does not update until later in teh evening.

I really hope you guys get good news like I did, especially Alienware_51, your such a trooper!

Glad I signed up to the community albeit for this type of *****ing I've been doing.

SuprWmn

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I just joined the site for the purpose of posting on this thread.

JonDigital and Synozeer, I had the exact same issues as you except that I ordered mine at 11:30am EDT on the 15th. I JUST checked AT&T's site and I finally have a tracking number with UPS. UPS says it's shipping today for delivery tomorrow. I'm also in South Florida

Last edited:

SuprWmn

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Holy **** I do not believe my eyes. If I didn't have such a foul taste in my mouth from AT&T I would refuse to believe what I am seeing. I have a tracking number now AND a ship date! Seriously, I'm 32 years old, I should not be squealing like a teenage girl over Justin freaking Bieber.

I now have a ship date of 6/23/2010. Carrier being shipped is by UPS. Tracking information is not in the system yet but from experience at my job I know UPS does not update until later in teh evening.

I really hope you guys get good news like I did, especially Alienware_51, your such a trooper!

Glad I signed up to the community albeit for this type of *****ing I've been doing.

Ok, so I'm a little slow posting LOL! Congrats!

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Mydnyte,

Re-read your email. It says "it may be as much as 72 hours before the carrier can provide any detailed information to you." The tracking information may be old and incorrect but you are still expected to get your package on time.

Probably so. I was reading it on my soon-to-be-ex-Blackberry, so maybe the small, blurrish text is finally getting to me. :)

Synozeer

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Still nothing on my end unfortunately, but I'm hoping they're updating the status now since both of yours were just recently updated.

Hi all, I just joined the site for the purpose of posting on this thread.

JonDigital and Synozeer, I had the exact same issues as you except that I ordered mine at 11:30am EDT on the 15th. I JUST checked AT&T's site and I finally have a tracking number with UPS. UPS says it's shipping today for delivery tomorrow. I'm also in South Florida

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site

After reading all your ups and downs just wanted to applaud you on your good news.....cheers

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site

Congrats man! Gave me a boost of hope, I'm sure I'll get my tracking number today for a tomorrow delivery :)

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
After thinking about the events of the past week or so, I believe one of the problems with everything is the difference in the way Apple and AT&T have handled their orders (at least those ordered for shipment, not for in store pickup).

It appears as though Apple shipped all of its delivery orders from its factories overseas - and that's primarily why all of the people that ordered directly from Apple received their tracking information days ago.

AT&T, however, appears to have updated the bulk of their orders in the past 24 hours or so - most likely due to the fact that their orders are coming from their warehouse in Ft Worth, TX as opposed to being drop-shipped from Apple's manufacturing plants.

It's all conjecture, of course - and I truly hope that everyone gets theirs that ordered them as quickly as possible.

(I, for one, am exceedingly glad that I did not order for in-store pickup. I just can't deal with those kinds of mosh pits for too long...and will be driving past my nearest Apple/AT&T/Best Buy stores early tomorrow morning to see how long the lines are...)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2