Ok, so my situation, like many others:

• Ordered at 11:27 EDT on the 15th
    • My Premier shows a 6/15 order date, last update on 6/17
    • My account shows a 6/16 order date.
    • I just called AT&T, automated response for order checking says mine is on back order.....
    • UGH!!!!
    Has anyone else with the same situation called the automated system and gotten a response?
    06-21-2010 07:54 PM
    My order is also through Premier. I placed the order at 8 AM EST on 6/15, and got confirmation within 10 mins. However, looks like when AT&T attempted to process payment (on the 17th), my CC put my account on hold. I happened to call and found that out. So, now, there's funds pending and Chase has confirmed the $ amounts and it matches the AT&T cost, however, that's been pending since Thursday (6/17). I'm guessing, they are still processing orders, however, I'm betting I am now on the back order list. When I go to my AT&T account, I can "upgrade" my line, which is odd, seeing that this past weekend, I couldn't. I guess I will find out Thursday if I get a phone or not. No "cancellation" email from AT&T yet either, nor a tracking email.
    06-21-2010 07:57 PM
    Has anyone else with the same situation called the automated system and gotten a response?
    I called AT&T this morning and got a person, who really wasn't helpful, except for the fact that she said "all I can see in the system is that your order is still processing". Oh well.
    06-21-2010 07:58 PM
    Not true.. I have 2 iPhones and 5 total lines on my account and still no tracking information.

I have to agree. ATT says they are processing orders in the order they were placed, but that does not seem to be the case. I looked at my order I printed off, and it was placed 6/15 @ 1230 CST. Well after yours. I got tracking info at about 330 CST today.

A friend of mine brought up an interesting theory, He placed his at 5am on the 15th. Again, mine shipped first. He said it is probably because his is the only phone on the plan, while I have 5 phones, including 2 iPhones. So his theory, is that ATT is shipping based on how much you pay per month.

While I doubt its true, and its good for people like me, its a bad way to do business in general. Should be first come first serve as they say it is.
    06-21-2010 08:01 PM
    Mine says it shipped! doesn't include the carrier should be Fedex !woohoo!
    06-21-2010 08:04 PM
    I'm in the exact same sistuation as this (15'th order place at 1:50pm eat, premiere site says order placed 15'th, regular site says placed 16'th, except when I called the premiere number and check my order it says "my order has been processed and will ship shortly" Same message when I checked a couple days ago.
    Not true.. I have 2 iPhones and 5 total lines on my account and still no tracking information.
    Glad to see AT&T did not stoop to that level. But it still sucks these orders are not going out first come first serve!

Another question, when where you eligible to upgrade?
    My AT&T online order is still "Processing" as of 15 seconds ago. I guess, if nothing else, I should count my lucky stars it doesn't say "Qty. Backordered: 1"
    06-21-2010 08:07 PM
    It looks like most people who are having problems ordered their iPhone from AT&T's website, vs those who went into a store and ordered them in person.
    06-21-2010 08:12 PM
    Just read an article and this may be old news, but ATT is saying some orders were canceled due to a problem with the authorization process. I wonder if this 'problem' caused some early orders to get pushed back and then back-ordered.

I guess we could speculate all week though.
    06-21-2010 08:18 PM
    Ordered a 32gb and a 16gb from the AT&T store on 6/15 at 6:00pm CST. I got my tracking numbers this morning, and my status changed to Shipped this afternoon. The ship dates are listed as the 19th and 20th. Fedex still has no info on the tracking numbers, though.
    06-21-2010 08:25 PM
    Ordered a 32gb from AT&T's Premier site around 12:30pm EST on the 15th. Got a confirmation email of the order at 12:33pm same day. The Premier site still shows up as "processing" and Date ordered "June 15th, 2010" The normal AT&T site says my order date was June 16th. The last time the status was updated was June 17th.

My concern is that I show no pending charge on my card. It's never been touched unlike some who say it was taken out and then re-credited.
    06-21-2010 08:45 PM

My concern is that I show no pending charge on my card. It's never been touched unlike some who say it was taken out and then re-credited.
    Mine was the same way. The pending charge fell off over the weekend, and I was charged again at shipping.
    06-21-2010 08:47 PM
    Oh SNAP! It is shipped! but the funny thing is that all the other orders ive seen in this thread are FedEx is mine is being shipped via UPS. Maybe FedEx is overwhelmed with orders?

Late
    06-21-2010 08:55 PM
    Mine still says backordered.....i'm pissed because I talked to another lady from AT&T and she said she isn't seeing a tracking number but a pre order reference number and that everything looks good to go on her end....it should be shipping out shortly....also that the reason it says backordered because her manager said that it would......WTF is going on here anyone experience this?
    06-21-2010 09:08 PM
    Oh SNAP! It is shipped! but the funny thing is that all the other orders ive seen in this thread are FedEx is mine is being shipped via UPS. Maybe FedEx is overwhelmed with orders?

Late
    Lucky. Mine is still "in progress". Nothing is on back order either. I ordered it around 8:00am on the 15th.
    06-21-2010 09:25 PM
    Lucky. Mine is still "in progress". Nothing is on back order either. I ordered it around 8:00am on the 15th.
    Yours should hopefully change over soon. I've been checking just about every hour since 8am this morning and it finally changed over between 8:30-9pm EST.
    06-21-2010 09:46 PM
    Yours should hopefully change over soon. I've been checking just about every hour since 8am this morning and it finally changed over between 8:30-9pm EST.
    hoping mine or my folks change over soon from "in progress". it would be a nice way to cap off the evening
    06-21-2010 09:48 PM
    I ordered today

It ships by July 14th and will be delivered in between July 14th and July 19th and I don't mind waiting. New to the iphone world.

Well guys, good things come to people who wait

Good luck to everyone on getting their Tracking Numbers
    06-21-2010 09:54 PM
    Not sure the theory that having multiple iPhones or paying more monthly effects the fulfillment order. I have 4 phones on the plan, two of them are iPhones and I pay way to much money!!! Family plan, unlimited text, 2 iPhones, combined with internet and UVerse.

My order went into Premier on the 15th an hour after yours and it shows backordered on the wireless order status.
    Last edited by tmasopust; 06-21-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    06-21-2010 10:01 PM
    When was it saying you ordered yours and did it say it was on backorder?
    06-21-2010 10:10 PM
    so if i dont have a shipping number by wednesday would i be smart to camp out at the ATT store? :? i am just so frustrated i was up as soon as ordering was available and couldnt order, so i had to go through the whole riggamarole of ordering, plus it still will allow me to upgrade on my account...
    06-21-2010 10:28 PM
    Somehow, even though I know for a fact I ordered about an hour after my friend (Like 530 PM ET). My delivery is set for June 23rd by 10:30 am and his is June 24th by 4:30. Sweet. I get mine a day and a half earlier. It for to Anchorage Alaska at 1:23 today !
    06-21-2010 10:41 PM
    I just checked and the "backorder" column is now set to 0!! woot woot so maybe i'll get my tracking number tomorrow!!!
    06-21-2010 10:42 PM
    and magically i just got an order "update" in my email, i never even got an order confirmation, but at least i got an update!!
    06-21-2010 10:46 PM
491 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD