Have you received your AT&T tracking number?

tmasopust

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
matthew23

My backorder status switched from 1 to 0 yesterday at about 4:00pm EST. The tracking number appeared sometime after 10:30am EST today.

mcmetz

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
FedEx Freakshow

I have one ordered from Apple and one from AT&T that the tracking numbers show 10:30am & 3:00pm respectively. Both show that they are still at the local sorting facility. However I called FedEx and they said they were on the truck, but said they had my address wrong. I checked what they had, and it actually was correct. Weird. They told me they would contact the driver, call me back and get them delivered today. You may want to call FedEx. Seems like it might have worked for me. BTW, I am in the Tampa Bay area if that helps anyone.

Good Luck

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been following this thread for the last few days and find myself very frustrated with the way AT&T is handling all of this. I had to register to throw in my 2 cents with an update on my shipment. Here are my details:

Ordered from the AT&T website. Normal customer not a premiere account. Placed my order on the 15th at 3:00 PM EST. When I check my order status it shows as being ordered on the 16th. I have never had a back order on this order. Did not receive confirmation email for order until the 17th. Always showed 1 Qty ordered and 0 back order.

As of this morning I still do not have any update. My order still shows "In Progress". FYI am located in South Florida. Not sure if that helps. I called to speak with an AT&T rep yesterday who assured me that my phone will be shipped today and received on Thursday the 24th and not to worry. That made me happy. I think she was just trying to get me off the phone.

This morning when speaking to a customer service rep he said I may be in the batch that get delivered on the 28th. I'm pretty disappointed. I understand how overwhelmed they were on pre-order day but this was handled pretty poorly. I clearly got my order in early enough. I have friends who ordered 10+ hours after me who have been notified of a shipment.

It's not the fact that I may get it on the 28th, it's the fact AT&T does not have any clue what is going on when you call them. I called three days in a row and got three different answers.

I will post an update if I get one.

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Holly rat farts Batman! I finally have a tracking number and ship date for today! Except carrier says "null"??? Updated in the last 10 min, so maybe I will get it tomorrow.
Mine's the same now with tracking nubmer, null, and shipping today. This is on the regular order status page of AT&T. On my premier site it is still showing as Processing....

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
BTW thanks to everyone posting updates. It's helped me kind of nail this down although it may be giving me a bigger headache than I wanted. Stupid phone.

tmasopust

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been following this thread for the last few days and find myself very frustrated with the way AT&T is handling all of this. I had to register to throw in my 2 cents with an update on my shipment. Here are my details:

Ordered from the AT&T website. Normal customer not a premiere account. Placed my order on the 15th at 3:00 PM EST. When I check my order status it shows as being ordered on the 16th. I have never had a back order on this order. Did not receive confirmation email for order until the 17th. Always showed 1 Qty ordered and 0 back order.

As of this morning I still do not have any update. My order still shows "In Progress". FYI am located in South Florida. Not sure if that helps. I called to speak with an AT&T rep yesterday who assured me that my phone will be shipped today and received on Thursday the 24th and not to worry. That made me happy. I think she was just trying to get me off the phone.

This morning when speaking to a customer service rep he said I may be in the batch that get delivered on the 28th. I'm pretty disappointed. I understand how overwhelmed they were on pre-order day but this was handled pretty poorly. I clearly got my order in early enough. I have friends who ordered 10+ hours after me who have been notified of a shipment.

It's not the fact that I may get it on the 28th, it's the fact AT&T does not have any clue what is going on when you call them. I called three days in a row and got three different answers.

I will post an update if I get one.

I have to wonder if the reason AT&T pushed back sales in the stores to the 29th was to make sure they fulfilled all the pre-orders for direct shipment first. That way none of the pre-order people would complain about walk-ins getting their phones before pre-order people did. Not to mention walk-ins cancelling their pre-orders if shipment was delayed and iPhones were available in stored on the 24th.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
matthew23

My backorder status switched from 1 to 0 yesterday at about 4:00pm EST. The tracking number appeared sometime after 10:30am EST today.

Well, I guess that's a good sign for mew. Not backordered anymore as of about 8PM last night but still no tracking number/shipping info. Hopefully within the next few hours then. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow! :)

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I have to wonder if the reason AT&T pushed back sales in the stores to the 29th was to make sure they fulfilled all the pre-orders for direct shipment first. That way none of the pre-order people would complain about walk-ins getting their phones before pre-order people did. Not to mention walk-ins cancelling their pre-orders if shipment was delayed and iPhones were available in stored on the 24th.

I was thinking the same thing when I heard this yesterday. It makes sense.

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If that was the case I clearly should have some kind of update by now. What really annoys me is I have numerous friends who ordered not only hours after me on the same day but people who ordered NEXT DAY and have still received a tracking number and info.

FYI just to give more info. My CC had an authorization on it a few days ago and as of yesterday it was removed.

Like I said. I wouldn't be too mad about getting it on the 28th (I assuming it arrives on the 28th and not ships on the 28th?) if I wasn't lied to numerous times by customer service.

Mr4thQuarter

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This situation is so ****ed. I walked into the AT&T store at 10:15 AM on the 15th. I was the 6th person in the store. I checked my order status just now and it says "in progress" still....STILL. I called my local AT&T store and they claim my order wasn't placed until later that afternoon. WTF?

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my tracking number on the 19th and only today has FedEx gotten the info for the shipment. Seems weird to me. It said it had overnight shipping though and would be delivered tomorrow by 3:00pm so we'll see when it gets to my local AT&T store!

GSMoOv3

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well Mine is Still In Processing Also i Ordered the 15th 10am. On the premier site it says in processing and regular order site it shows order date of the 19th and that it is not backordered hopefully that changes by the end of the day... :(

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This situation is so ****ed. I walked into the AT&T store at 10:15 AM on the 15th. I was the 6th person in the store. I checked my order status just now and it says "in progress" still....STILL. I called my local AT&T store and they claim my order wasn't placed until later that afternoon. WTF?
Its really unbelievable. First come first serve my ass. So it took a whole damn day for them to enter the order into their system? Pffft!!!!

Sagacity4

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
@jondigital @Alienware_51 same here. I ordered at 9 am CST on the 15th was back ordered until last night. I was assured by numerous ATT reps that it would be shipped by the 24. I still have no shipping or tracking info. I called the premiere customer service line, and was told by the manager that it was sitting at the warehouse waiting to be shipped and that I would get it by the 25. I asked her why, since I preordered and was supposed to have by the 24 she said because they can?t ship until the 24 since that?s the release day! WHAT!!! I told her that I?ve heard of people who have had tracking numbers since the weekend, and she said those were wrong, and that the people will receive new tracking numbers! WHAT!!!! I then said, well I?ve heard that some people already received theirs today that ordered from ATT. She said she was not aware of any situation like that! WHAT!!!! I think some of us are getting the run around! Now I am officially angry!:mad:

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
this is killing me...lol! the fedex site says this
Date/Time Activity Location Details
Jun 22, 2010 7:20 PM at dest sort facility CLEVELAND, OH
and delivery date is set for 23rd, but not sure if they are holding them back till tomorrow....:(

JonDigital

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
@jondigital @Alienware_51 same here. I ordered at 9 am CST on the 15th was back ordered until last night. I was assured by numerous ATT reps that it would be shipped by the 24. I still have no shipping or tracking info. I called the premiere customer service line, and was told by the manager that it was sitting at the warehouse waiting to be shipped and that I would get it by the 25. I asked her why, since I preordered and was supposed to have by the 24 she said because they can?t ship until the 24 since that?s the release day! WHAT!!! I told her that I?ve heard of people who have had tracking numbers since the weekend, and she said those were wrong, and that the people will receive new tracking numbers! WHAT!!!! I then said, well I?ve heard that some people already received theirs today that ordered from ATT. She said she was not aware of any situation like that! WHAT!!!! I think some of us are getting the run around! Now I am officially angry!:mad:
What's strange is mine has never indicated a back order. I mentioned to the AT&T rep that many people have already received tracking numbers etc and was told THE EXACT SAME THING YOU WERE that the tracking numbers were wrong. WTF? Def a run around situation here.