@jondigital same scenario for myself. I called as well and was assured that my phone would be here on the 24th. Lost all hope
    06-23-2010 12:06 PM
    i just got my tracking number!!!!! shipped today, will be here tomorrow!!!
    06-23-2010 12:12 PM
    @jondigital same scenario for myself. I called as well and was assured that my phone would be here on the 24th. Lost all hope
    Yeah I actually felt compelled to register to this forum b/c you sounded like the same exact situation that I was in. I feel your pain buddy.
    06-23-2010 12:14 PM
    This situation is so ****ed. I walked into the AT&T store at 10:15 AM on the 15th. I was the 6th person in the store. I checked my order status just now and it says "in progress" still....STILL. I called my local AT&T store and they claim my order wasn't placed until later that afternoon. WTF?
    06-23-2010 12:15 PM
    I got my tracking number on the 19th and only today has FedEx gotten the info for the shipment. Seems weird to me. It said it had overnight shipping though and would be delivered tomorrow by 3:00pm so we'll see when it gets to my local AT&T store!
    06-23-2010 12:17 PM
    Well Mine is Still In Processing Also i Ordered the 15th 10am. On the premier site it says in processing and regular order site it shows order date of the 19th and that it is not backordered hopefully that changes by the end of the day...
    06-23-2010 12:20 PM
    This situation is so ****ed. I walked into the AT&T store at 10:15 AM on the 15th. I was the 6th person in the store. I checked my order status just now and it says "in progress" still....STILL. I called my local AT&T store and they claim my order wasn't placed until later that afternoon. WTF?
    Its really unbelievable. First come first serve my ***. So it took a whole damn day for them to enter the order into their system? Pffft!!!!
    06-23-2010 12:25 PM
    @jondigital @Alienware_51 same here. I ordered at 9 am CST on the 15th was back ordered until last night. I was assured by numerous ATT reps that it would be shipped by the 24. I still have no shipping or tracking info. I called the premiere customer service line, and was told by the manager that it was sitting at the warehouse waiting to be shipped and that I would get it by the 25. I asked her why, since I preordered and was supposed to have by the 24 she said because they cant ship until the 24 since thats the release day! WHAT!!! I told her that Ive heard of people who have had tracking numbers since the weekend, and she said those were wrong, and that the people will receive new tracking numbers! WHAT!!!! I then said, well Ive heard that some people already received theirs today that ordered from ATT. She said she was not aware of any situation like that! WHAT!!!! I think some of us are getting the run around! Now I am officially angry!
    06-23-2010 12:26 PM
    this is killing me...lol! the fedex site says this
    Date/Time Activity Location Details
    Jun 22, 2010 7:20 PM at dest sort facility CLEVELAND, OH
    and delivery date is set for 23rd, but not sure if they are holding them back till tomorrow....
    06-23-2010 12:28 PM
    @jondigital @Alienware_51 same here. I ordered at 9 am CST on the 15th was back ordered until last night. I was assured by numerous ATT reps that it would be shipped by the 24. I still have no shipping or tracking info. I called the premiere customer service line, and was told by the manager that it was sitting at the warehouse waiting to be shipped and that I would get it by the 25. I asked her why, since I preordered and was supposed to have by the 24 she said because they cant ship until the 24 since thats the release day! WHAT!!! I told her that Ive heard of people who have had tracking numbers since the weekend, and she said those were wrong, and that the people will receive new tracking numbers! WHAT!!!! I then said, well Ive heard that some people already received theirs today that ordered from ATT. She said she was not aware of any situation like that! WHAT!!!! I think some of us are getting the run around! Now I am officially angry!
    What's strange is mine has never indicated a back order. I mentioned to the AT&T rep that many people have already received tracking numbers etc and was told THE EXACT SAME THING YOU WERE that the tracking numbers were wrong. WTF? Def a run around situation here.
    06-23-2010 12:30 PM
    My status just changed to shipped. So, for all you tracking expectations, it took a couple hours between the tracking number showing and the Qty Shipped to change from 0 to 1.

BTW, CC still has no charge.
    06-23-2010 12:30 PM
    My status just changed to shipped. So, for all you tracking expectations, it took a couple hours between the tracking number showing and the Qty Shipped to change from 0 to 1.

BTW, CC still has no charge.
    Before that status change were you still sitting at In Progress with 1 QTY ordered and no back order?
    06-23-2010 12:32 PM
    anyone notice the tracking update in the corner of the fedex website that says tracking is delayed but deliveries are occurring as normal
    06-23-2010 12:34 PM
    i'm just gonna go ahead and assume i'm not getting mine until the 28th this waiting on edge for ANY info whatsoever is killing me. this is not a good start to my relationship with AT&T.
    06-23-2010 12:37 PM
    JonDigital,

Yes, my backorder status was set to one until 4:00pm EST on the 22nd. The tracking number with ship date change happened this morning after 10:30am EST. Then at 12:30am EST the status changed to Qty Shipped 1 with a status changed to "Shipped". Until then, it's always shown in process.

The Premier page has not been updated yet though. It still shows "processing" which is identical to most everyone else's experience that ordered through Premier.
    06-23-2010 12:39 PM
    @jondigital thanks for the info I don't even want to look at my order status anymore. Sick of waiting and being deceived by the AT&T reps
    06-23-2010 12:41 PM
    Now that it shows as shipped but the carrier info is null, does anyone know what the standard FedEx number format is? My number is a 12 digit number starting with 438.
    06-23-2010 12:43 PM
    Now that it shows as shipped but the carrier info is null, does anyone know what the standard FedEx number format is? My number is a 12 digit number starting with 438.
    Mines a 12 digit starting with 408. You should be good.
    06-23-2010 12:47 PM
    JonDigital,

Yes, my backorder status was set to one until 4:00pm EST on the 22nd. The tracking number with ship date change happened this morning after 10:30am EST. Then at 12:30am EST the status changed to Qty Shipped 1 with a status changed to "Shipped". Until then, it's always shown in process.

The Premier page has not been updated yet though. It still shows "processing" which is identical to most everyone else's experience that ordered through Premier.
    Now I'm just confused as all hell. I never even had a back order. I'm pretty upset with AT&T. Need to a bit more on top of their game when it comes to something like this.

Alienware, I totally hear you man. It's pretty annoying to keep checking your order status hoping for something to change.
    06-23-2010 12:54 PM
    Protip: if you have a tracking number and paste it into google.com or your google search bar, it understands what carrier the tracking number is for and will provide you a link to the correct tracking page with id pre-filled.

06-23-2010 01:19 PM
    As mpdonlan mentions above, there's a note on the FedEx tracking results page that reads:

IMPORTANT!
    Package deliveries are proceeding as normal; however tracking updates are temporarily being delayed. Please try back later.

It looks like Apple/AT&T aren't the only ones who are overwhelmed at dealing with 600,000 orders on launch day.
    06-23-2010 01:28 PM
    My status was Backordered for a few days but suddenly came out of "backordered" status as of last night around 7pm. I just got a Shipment Notification from AT&T premier that my phone is shipped. This whole time I didn't think I would be getting my phone shipped until possibly July. Anyone else with Premier that was backordered get their shipment notification?
    06-23-2010 01:34 PM
    "Package deliveries are proceeding as normal; however tracking updates are temporarily being delayed. Please try back later. "

FedEx is slow on tracking updates. Packages that were expected to arrive today, should still arrive today.
    06-23-2010 01:39 PM
    On the phone with AT&T once again to get to the bottom of the b.s
    06-23-2010 01:56 PM
    On the phone with AT&T once again to get to the bottom of the b.s
    I just hung up the phone ON THEM. Please let me know if you get anywhere with these f***** jokers. They keep telling me they do not know anything!
    06-23-2010 01:59 PM
491 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD