3GS+OS4=Battery Life?

meinvein

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi just went through about the first four pages of threads to try and see if anyone has touched on what the battery life of a 3GS phone might be with OS4...has anyone heard anything about this at all? Just curious. If I missed this from a previous thread I'm sorry...I was looking over them but didn't see anything..and I'm new on the forum so please go easy on me! :eek:

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the gold master build on my iPhone 3GS. While I don't have a specific number for you, I can tell you that the battery is much better then on 3.1.3 and the overall speed of the OS is much faster as well.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Cool. People over on Howard forums are saying that OS 4 was killing the battery on the 3gs.

Hmm that's interesting. I think the battery life is better and I'm one of those people that can't put this thing away lol. Maybe they are leaving wifi on and have the brightness turned high?

meinvein

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response MsEYE. Yea I have my settings adjusted so that my battery lasts the whole day with regular use...and I text a LOT. Also, I work in an office so my dock is only about 8 inches away from me if I ever do need to charge...was just curious as to whether or not I may need to make any adjustments...eithery way...it's still SOOO much better than the release date Palm Pre I switched over for. Thanks for your help! Can't wait until tomorrow!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It's approximately 8 hours of heavy use, browsing + iPod, app use, 3G, etc. That's about what I got today, I'm a heavy user and I'd call that more than adequate. Don't know if it's better than my jailbroken 3.1.3 but it certainly isn't worse.

meinvein

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey Jellotime91, do jailbroken phones have better battery life? Is it possible to restore a jailbroken phone to 3.1.3 if it needs to be serviced at an Apple store?

ShearDude

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is significantly worse on iOS 4. It's surprising to hear people's battery lives are actually better. Do you guys think restoring my iPhone would work? Maybe I will do that tomorrow when iOS 4 officially releases.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My experiences is battery life is not as good on iOS 4 GM as it was on 3.1.3 and I have been running 4.0 GM since June 8th

Telelax

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
It's approximately 8 hours of heavy use, browsing + iPod, app use, 3G, etc. That's about what I got today, I'm a heavy user and I'd call that more than adequate. Don't know if it's better than my jailbroken 3.1.3 but it certainly isn't worse.

this is my experience as well

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I would say my battery life has been better with iOS4 than on iOS3.13. I have been very happy with the battery life thus far. Like any smartphone you have to tweak some settings to get the very best battery life, but that isn't uncommon.

People will play with the new iOS4 and then report the battery life is bad. They don't realize they are playing around a lot more than they normal do. The real comparison is when you use it doing the normal things you would normal do. Not trying out all the new features, not repeatedly testing multi-tasking etc.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I can definitely say that my 3GS improved in
standby. Usage? I have yet to use my 3Gs
with a sim in it (while I keep wifi on). I have
two exchange + yahoo account hooked up
so far.

I am coming from 3.1.2 and battery life on
that was pretty good IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online