So, week of launch. What has you most pumped about iPhone 4(presuming you're getting one like me )?

For me the killer features I'm anxious to have are:

1) Speed, 512mb of ram will make this thing scream for a phone. It will be fast as hell, coming from a 3G I can't wait.
    2) 720p recording. I purchased my Sony cam just for the 720p recording. I'm big on video, not photos believe it or not. I am happy I now have my iPhone for those on the go shots I wouldnt usually be carrying around my Sony for.
    3) Battery update. I saw some tester said after a solid hour of browsing, gaming, and internet, he dropped only 10% that sounds good, and considering I never do much heaving lifting in long spurts, I suspect the new battery will be key to a great device
    4) Facetime. Great for when I'm away at work, now me and the lady dont have to open our macbooks to ichat.
    5) DESIGN! Face it, the thing looks cool
    6) Display. I'm not much of a display nazi. Whether EVO or iP4, they both look excellent to me!
    06-20-2010 01:35 PM
    1) Coming from a 3G, I think you will need to buy depends for the day you get iPhone 4. You're going to be floored. I am really excited for the speed as well, that 1Ghz processor is going to make the web browser insane.
    2) I am also more into video than photo, and damn this new iPhone has amazing video recording. Flip is in some serious ship.
    3) Yeah the battery sounds damn good, right now I'm getting about 7 Hrs of heavy use, just browsed for almost 4 hours with music playing, occasionally playing We Rule (or, trying to), apps, etc. and I was wat 48%. So almost 8 hours, which to me is satisfactory. Looking forward to seeing that improve even further with iPhone 4!
    4) FaceTime is going to be really cool in opportune moments, also we can jailbreak and use 3G unrestrictor, so, free 3G video calling ahoy!
    5) Hell yes it looks damn cool. That white iPhone is what I've been wishing for since I got my first iPhone 3G.
    6) Not a display nazi either, but damn iPhone 4's screen just looks SHOCKING. The viewing angles, the deep blacks, the visibility even on the white model.. It's just incredibly impressive!
    Last edited by Jellotime91; 06-20-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    06-20-2010 02:00 PM
    I'm looking forward to the speed and video recording.
    06-20-2010 02:08 PM
    Multitasking will change your iPhone use.
    06-20-2010 02:18 PM
    1) Coming from a 3G, I think you will need to buy depends for the day you get iPhone 4. You're going to be floored. I am really excited for the speed as well, that 1Ghz processor is going to make the web browser insane.
    2) I am also more into video than photo, and damn this new iPhone has amazing video recording. Flip is in some serious ****.
    3) Yeah the battery sounds damn good, right now I'm getting about 7 Hrs of heavy use, just browsed for almost 4 hours with music playing, occasionally playing We Rule (or, trying to), apps, etc. and I was wat 48%. So almost 8 hours, which to me is satisfactory. Looking forward to seeing that improve even further with iPhone 4!
    4) FaceTime is going to be really cool in opportune moments, also we can jailbreak and use 3G unrestrictor, so, free 3G video calling ahoy!
    5) Hell yes it looks damn cool. That white iPhone is what I've been wishing for since I got my first iPhone 3G.
    6) Not a display nazi either, but damn iPhone 4's screen just looks SHOCKING. The viewing angles, the deep blacks, the visibility even on the white model.. It's just incredibly impressive!
    My delivery has tracking already from Apple, hopefully the speed it arrives via FedEx Thurs. is as fast as the phone

I wanted White too, but opted for black. As I said in another thread, my lady looked at me and said "the white iphone is p-diddy, it's bling, you're tom brady, tom brady would get black" so i swayed to black....lol my assumption is she wants the white iphone all for herself

Speed is overall my top feature I am thrilled for. My 3G crashed on every game I wanted to play while on the road....now I CAN FINALLY USE NAVIGON AGAIN!!!! It was horrid on my 3G SO slow.
    06-20-2010 02:21 PM
    Multitasking will change your iPhone use.
    I'm not big on multitasking, never have been. Well my one gripe was using Pandora, or PocketTunes or Sirius/XM in the background. And thats now solved....I think actually I'll be using way way more data now. Glad I'm grandfathered in and unlimited FTW
    06-20-2010 02:22 PM
    I'm not big on multitasking, never have been. Well my one gripe was using Pandora, or PocketTunes or Sirius/XM in the background. And thats now solved....I think actually I'll be using way way more data now. Glad I'm grandfathered in and unlimited FTW
    It's more the multitasking UI that will change your use.

App-switching and saved states really change the phone for the better. Everything remembers where it was and switching through apps is so fast on the 3GS, I can't imagine how fast it'll be on iPhone 4.
    06-20-2010 02:25 PM
    It's more the multitasking UI that will change your use.

App-switching and saved states really change the phone for the better. Everything remembers where it was and switching through apps is so fast on the 3GS, I can't imagine how fast it'll be on iPhone 4.
    forgive my ignorance, I was under the assumption, saved state and fast app switching wasn't part of the api's apple allowed access too. I thought those we're just different capabilities not under the multitasking umbrella...forgive my ignorance....

With that said, lol, my data consumption wil go way up, if I can background pandora all day, hahahaha
    EDIT: My knowledge of OS4 is limited....
    06-20-2010 02:29 PM
    Well the multitasking, and the thousands of apps are the only reason i am making the switch from palm, also the design of the iPhone 4 is really amazing
    06-20-2010 02:30 PM
    I'm coming from an antique Palm Treo 650, so I'm excited about all of it. An interesting comparison, there are more pixels in one square inch of the iPhone 4 display, than in the whole Treo 650 display.
    06-20-2010 03:26 PM
    Coming from the 3G, this is going to be a huge upgrade for me and I can't wait. Video recording! I couldn't do that on the 3G.

I think I'm going to stick with the 2 year upgrade plan. It seems Apple is as well. Next year (2011) will be a minor upgrade just like the 3GS was, then 2012 will be major upgrade again.
    06-20-2010 03:32 PM
    1. Speed= I cannot wait for that 512 ram and and that a4 processor. I thought my 3GS was pretty fast, I can only imagine what the i4 will be like.

2.FaceTime= This is going to be epic, I can't wait.

3. Screen= I have a weak spot for nice displays/tvs.

4. Design= I'll admit, at first I hated the design. But when steve explained that it was an antenna and will improve my signal, I understood the way it looks and actually think the design of the i4 really makes the 3GS look dated.
    06-20-2010 04:27 PM
    1. Speed- from what I'm hearing it is significantly faster than my 3GS. That'd be great because my 3GS kicks buttowski already.

2. FaceTime- MsEye got it right. It will be epic. I think it will be epic to see my kids and talk to them and see them when I'm at work.

3. Multitasking- I know it wont be perfect and a lot of devs will have to update their apps to get it to work right, but finally we're moving in the right direction
    06-21-2010 03:34 AM
    Speed and battery, I'm on my wife's old 8gb 3G with a big crack in the screen so this is going to be a nice upgrade for me.

I'm looking forward to the new mail interface for iOS 4 the most I think.
    06-21-2010 07:33 AM
    I am pumped for everything.
    06-21-2010 07:45 AM
    1) Design
    I like clean simple designs comprised of straight lines, not compound curves like the back of my 3Gs.
    06-21-2010 07:52 AM
    Balls. Looking forward to a cell phone with cajones. I'm coming from a 3G iPhone and this thing is gonna be a screamer.
    06-21-2010 08:13 AM
    Every single thing, but speed is a major thing...oh and a phone that I don't have to do a battery pull from every hour lol
    06-21-2010 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD