i am with tmobile and have had an iphone on there network. i am using android right now, but i am very intrigued by the new iphone, and am thinking os switching. i like att new pricing for data. i think i could get away with the new 15 dollar plan, but i use Google voice and all my texts get forwarded to my email. few questions..

is att that bad as far as dropped calls and reception?

does the iphone fully support push email with notifications now? (since my texts come through my email)

is the 200 mb limit enbough for someone who does not surf much unless he is on wireless?

thanks gang..i hope to come back to the iphone world...
    06-20-2010 06:14 AM
    AT&T's service depends solely on your area. Talk to someone who lives near you that's on AT&T and find out.

The iPhone fully supports push with Gmail as your Exchange account, so it's great for GoogleVoice.

If you only use data for things like email, 200MB is plenty.
    06-20-2010 08:58 AM
    yeah my sister in law has att right down the road and has had no issued...i was just concered about the coverage..looks good though
    06-20-2010 11:29 AM
    Remember though you will have to jailbreak to use the google voice app. Other than that you're good to go!
    06-20-2010 11:31 AM
    Remember though you will have to jailbreak to use the google voice app. Other than that you're good to go!
    i wont have to. I use "foward to email' and all my sms messages goes to my gmail account and i can reply there..i do that now on my nexus one..works great and i can use my gmail app for everything...
    06-20-2010 11:33 AM
    In case you're interested in a better way to use Google Voice - VoiceCentral Black Swan :: Google Voice Client for the iPhone :: Riverturn, Inc.
    06-20-2010 12:25 PM
    I'm switching to AT&T mostly because of my terrible service with t-mobile. The new iPhone is just a bonus. What time do you guys think i'll need to go to my local AT&T to get a phone before 11
    06-20-2010 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD