Official switching from BlackBerry to iPhone 4 thread

CT9AJ

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a T-Mobile 9900, switched to iPhone today. BAD first impression. I'm taking the phone back tomorrow, it doesn't charge and it restarts every 5 minutes. No idea what is wrong with it but I want a replacement. :(

Got my iPhone replaced. So far so good.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
was a bb user for 4 yrs on sprint (with sprint for 9 yrs) made the jump to att in august for the iphone4 and never looked back! don't miss the blackberry AT ALL. biggest pet peeve was having to do all those battery pulls... and wait 7min for the phone to turn back on!! and the red blinking light just annoyed me.

i switched to att, and took a new phone number, so i started from square one. it was well worth it. :D

enots27

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am an x blackberry user. i had a 9700. During my upgrade my provider talked me into trying the iphone and to be honest i have had nothing but trouble with the device. I cant see myself staying with the iphone once the chance to upgrade comes along. itunes makes me restore my iphone 4 at least 3 times a week which in my eyes is very unacceptable. my contract should be ready for renewal around the possible release of the bbx phones so will prob move back to blackberry and have a device that works properly.

gunderscorewil

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
im on my way to coming full circle back to iPhone. I have made a couple stops at the two main "stations" (Android and BB). It all started when I got my OG iPhone back in 09. Had it for about 1.5 years. Then I owned a Backflip (for two days; terrible device), went back to the iPhone, owned a Captivate, then a 3GS, then a Bold 9000, followed by a curve 9300 (worst.phone.EVAR), an Inspire 4G (dont get me started). I sold the Inspire (cuz its worth alot more) and will be using the Curve until I get my ip4 next week-ish. The thing is that I kept saying to myself that I should try something new. Got the backflip and experienced just how bad low-end android phones are. Got the Captivate and said "well d***, I might as well still have an iPhone.

THEN i decided i needed a keyboard. And let me just say that the 9000 keyboard is the best thing I ever expect to grace my thumbs. But I got tired of the battery pulls, no apps and the battery life was barely better than the 3GS. Got the 9300 because the 9000 broke and i was in a financial wasteland. It has got to be the worst device RIM has ever built. The 8520 and 8900 before it were great and the 9330 (VZW version with 2x the RAM) is just as good as those. I still cant understand why RIM even made the 9300 instead of just giving ATT the 9330 specs as well.

Anyway, after i got fed up with the BB6 browser crashing EVERY TIME i tried to load a webpage I complained and ATT gave me an inspire for pretty much free. And dont get me wrong, the inspire was a pretty decent phone on Froyo but when it got GB it became just turrrible. Battery drained quicker than ever and Sense was super laggy (made me wanna hang myself some times). And the design is such that there is no such thing as an extended battery for it. Not-to-mention that HTC (or maybe ATT) decided that the Inspire was not good enough to have a FFC. And again, just like with the captivate, I had to think to myself "well d***, I might as well just have and iPhone."

So I sold the inspire. Im now using the 9300 again. It is a very painful experience. I will be purchasing an iPhone 4 in the coming week and have vowed to myself to just "stay at home" from here on out. I have tested the water and walked on the "greener grass," and I have found out that I just like iOS and iPhone better.

jrocke0w0

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I just traded my BlackBerry bold9900 for a 32GB iphone 4 and I'm happy to say that I really like it so far. I never thought that I'd get used to typing on a touch screen but I finally took the plunge after seeing an ad someone posted on Kijiji asking to trade his iphone for a 9900. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about ios from the forums. I've been a blackberry faithful for the past 5 years and feel it was just my time to make the switch. See you all soon!

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Well I just traded my BlackBerry bold9900 for a 32GB iphone 4 and I'm happy to say that I really like it so far. I never thought that I'd get used to typing on a touch screen but I finally took the plunge after seeing an ad someone posted on Kijiji asking to trade his iphone for a 9900. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about ios from the forums. I've been a blackberry faithful for the past 5 years and feel it was just my time to make the switch. See you all soon!

Welcome to iMore! I'm sure you will really be glad you made the switch. Long time 'Berry user here as well, and I did look long and hard at the Z10, but so glad I went with the iPhone 5. I've tried other virtual keyboards, but the ios kb has been the absolute best.

Dig into the forums, have a look around and do some reading, but don't be afraid to ask. Everyone here at iMore seems to be really laid back and good at helping out the new users...after all, we were all a new user at some point.

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch from a 9650 to the VZW iPhone 4 this weekend, and I couldn't be happier. Regarding the point above....It all works fine for me. For my Yahoo email, I can move it to folders on device, which is real nice. For my work e-mail (outlook), I am a packrat....usually on a weekly basis, I move mails (via my laptop/outlook) to personal subfolders prior to backing up my mail database. This has the net effect of "deleting off the handheld", but leaving on the server.

This is the same method many of my clients use as well

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
im on my way to coming full circle back to iPhone. I have made a couple stops at the two main "stations" (Android and BB). It all started when I got my OG iPhone back in 09. Had it for about 1.5 years. Then I owned a Backflip (for two days; terrible device), went back to the iPhone, owned a Captivate, then a 3GS, then a Bold 9000, followed by a curve 9300 (worst.phone.EVAR), an Inspire 4G (dont get me started). I sold the Inspire (cuz its worth alot more) and will be using the Curve until I get my ip4 next week-ish. The thing is that I kept saying to myself that I should try something new. Got the backflip and experienced just how bad low-end android phones are. Got the Captivate and said "well d***, I might as well still have an iPhone.

THEN i decided i needed a keyboard. And let me just say that the 9000 keyboard is the best thing I ever expect to grace my thumbs. But I got tired of the battery pulls, no apps and the battery life was barely better than the 3GS. Got the 9300 because the 9000 broke and i was in a financial wasteland. It has got to be the worst device RIM has ever built. The 8520 and 8900 before it were great and the 9330 (VZW version with 2x the RAM) is just as good as those. I still cant understand why RIM even made the 9300 instead of just giving ATT the 9330 specs as well.

Anyway, after i got fed up with the BB6 browser crashing EVERY TIME i tried to load a webpage I complained and ATT gave me an inspire for pretty much free. And dont get me wrong, the inspire was a pretty decent phone on Froyo but when it got GB it became just turrrible. Battery drained quicker than ever and Sense was super laggy (made me wanna hang myself some times). And the design is such that there is no such thing as an extended battery for it. Not-to-mention that HTC (or maybe ATT) decided that the Inspire was not good enough to have a FFC. And again, just like with the captivate, I had to think to myself "well d***, I might as well just have and iPhone."

So I sold the inspire. Im now using the 9300 again. It is a very painful experience. I will be purchasing an iPhone 4 in the coming week and have vowed to myself to just "stay at home" from here on out. I have tested the water and walked on the "greener grass," and I have found out that I just like iOS and iPhone better.

Good points in here. RIM got very diluted with models in the old regime and tried to achieve a capability they simply just didn't have, to customize handset models to suit carriers and users too specifically. They are slowing getting it together but I still fear this may eventually forever keep them as a #3/#4 player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2