quick question: I get tons of faxes and emails with pdf attachments. Any way to rotate the document once I have it open?
    05-26-2011 12:48 PM
    Left the BB world about 3 months ago, had Curve 8310, 8520, 9300, Torch 9800. Just needed something with more of a power punch! Iphone 4 seems to be the answer, so far haven't looked back. Do miss my BBM, but transferred the important ones to Yahoo chat good to go now. The browser IMO is so much better, great form surfing BBW sites...LOL, but yes this Iphone 4 seem to be a great tool for me, regarding emails (work & person), txt, chats and surfing. Just dont like not having to the options to manage my photo folders from the phone itself. Digging it all so far...
    05-26-2011 05:55 PM
    I loved my Blackberry. I had the BB Storm and was going to switch to a Bold or the new Torch, but instead decided to make the jump to iPhone.

I have no regrets. The only thing I miss, as it's been stated before, is my LED indicator. There are times when I don't pay attention to the vibrate/ring so the indicator helped me realize if I had a message waiting for me, without having to look at my screen. (Really great for when I had to have my phone on silent!)

However, my iPhone blows my blackberry out of the water! Battery life is amazing. Wi-Fi is great (since I didn't upgrade to a BB with wifi...)

I wasn't all that concerned with moving data from one device to the next, the only thing I wanted were my emails and since I use GMail, that was easy to move. I didn't want to wait for the Verizon iPhone, which was my one reluctance about the switch... however, since then AT&T expanded 3G coverage to my area and signal strength on the iPhone is better on AT&T than my Blackberry being unlocked and running AT&T.

To me the iPhone was a gateway to iOS and Apple. Now, I am wanting to get an iPad for school and completely ditch carrying textbooks and my laptop around campus.
    05-31-2011 02:22 PM
    I'm canning my BB 9650 for the 3rd Time. The last time. 2 weeks back with it trying to decide if I'm going to get White or Black iPhone.
    05-31-2011 07:22 PM
    ...you'll be over the 'indicator' soon enough.

I loved my Blackberry. I had the BB Storm and was going to switch to a Bold or the new Torch, but instead decided to make the jump to iPhone.

I have no regrets. The only thing I miss, as it's been stated before, is my LED indicator. There are times when I don't pay attention to the vibrate/ring so the indicator helped me realize if I had a message waiting for me, without having to look at my screen. (Really great for when I had to have my phone on silent!)

However, my iPhone blows my blackberry out of the water! Battery life is amazing. Wi-Fi is great (since I didn't upgrade to a BB with wifi...)

I wasn't all that concerned with moving data from one device to the next, the only thing I wanted were my emails and since I use GMail, that was easy to move. I didn't want to wait for the Verizon iPhone, which was my one reluctance about the switch... however, since then AT&T expanded 3G coverage to my area and signal strength on the iPhone is better on AT&T than my Blackberry being unlocked and running AT&T.

To me the iPhone was a gateway to iOS and Apple. Now, I am wanting to get an iPad for school and completely ditch carrying textbooks and my laptop around campus.
    06-01-2011 10:03 AM
    Did the switch last week and loving it.

I was also able to keep my blackberry international/domestic unlimited data. They grandfathered it to my iphone. If you call they will tell you they can ONLY do this on a 3GS but I eventually got someone to do it anyways and it worked.

Other than that, make sure you set up your gmail using exchange.
    06-01-2011 05:04 PM
    Haha oh yes, I only missed it for about a week. Sadly, I shattered the screen on my iPhone the other day and it's going to be 2-4 weeks before I am able to ship it in for repair, so I'm back to the Blackberry Storm.

After using the iPhone 4 it's like I've gone back in time. Technically, my phone should still be a smartphone but it's terribly slow, can only run a few apps at a time, and I am without Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies! (But hey! I got that indicator back!) I'm having to batt pull at least every two days, usually once a day, and the Blackberry doesn't get nearly as good of a signal that the iPhone had. I so can't wait to be able to get my phone fixed!

...you'll be over the 'indicator' soon enough.
    06-01-2011 06:00 PM
    I'm jumping from my Blackberry 8330m on Sprint. Since it's already sync'd up to my macbook, i'm not expecting too many issues.
    I'm also debating to switch from my Sprint Curve 8330 to iphone 4S (if Sprint does indeed get it and before August) instead of waitng for the yet still unannoucned release date of the Bold 9930 (rumor say late August to possibly October because of manufactuer delays?) Anyone who could help me with this choice would be very appricated, thanks.
    06-02-2011 03:03 PM
    When it comes to bb vs iPhone ... I'm a former bb user of every model vzw ever had when I was with them.... iPhone is the way to go, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to a bb ..
    06-04-2011 08:18 AM
    I'm also debating to switch from my Sprint Curve 8330 to iphone 4S (if Sprint does indeed get it and before August) instead of waitng for the yet still unannoucned release date of the Bold 9930 (rumor say late August to possibly October because of manufactuer delays?) Anyone who could help me with this choice would be very appricated, thanks.
    I had the 8330 and 8530 both on sprint not bad phones but those were work phones loved the email but fail short of what the iPhone can do ...contacts go over easy with gmail calendar sycs and contacts are synced. Only thing that I have found when tried to do that bugged me being honest (I'm sure theres a app for it ) is iPhones email with attachments and not being able to store files the file part is fixable with a app and attachments. Sending attachments can not be done in the mail app whatever u want to send you have to go to it ... Ie a contact go to contacts then it share you can't make a email and attach. you also can't attach more than one contact. ...
    Other than that n it don't bug me that much ... I would not ever go back to another phone unless held at gun point you don't know what your missing unless you get it.
    06-05-2011 01:31 AM
    I used to have an iphone, first gen, got it days after the release. Loved it. But then it got bricked and I got rid of it. After that, I (obviously) decided to avoid another iphone at all cost. I've had a few dumb phones, toyed with a neo freerunner for a bit, tried android, and currently I'm using a POS bold 9700 (which was given to me for free from ATT because I had so many problems with my android device).

I can't tell you how sick I am of this thing. I've only had it since November, but it is one of the most miserable phones I've ever used. If I want to browse the web and a text message comes in my phone goes into shock and I have to pull the battery. When I wake up in the morning my available memory drops to zero (wtf RIM) and another battery pull. etc. etc.

Also, have any of you read through the crackberry forum lately? Every thread is doom and gloom, it's either "I hate my blackberry" or "RIM is screwed, time to jump ship". I even see forum mods talking bad about RIM. More of a place to hate on RIM than a fanboy forum.

So I'm probably back here. For someone in my position it sucks that apple wont be announcing the new iphone until the fall. I need a phone now but I don't really want something that's a year old.
    06-05-2011 04:07 AM
    I made the switch from a Tour and could not be happier. The user experience is seamless and so much more simple and complete than an antiquated BB. I set up my Gmail account on Exchange and got all my contacts, emails etc in no time at all and it even reaches my iPhone faster than when I had the native app on my Tour. I cant say enough about the Apple ecosystem, I will be changing all my products to Apple over the next 6 months, laptop, TV, PC etc. Getting the iPhone is the best thing I ever did in regards to a mobile platform!!!!!!!!
    06-09-2011 07:04 PM
    Made the switch from Blackberry Torch to Iphone 4 about 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with the Iphone 4 now that I've got it pretty much set up. I do miss the LED and the Contact Sound Profiles from the Blackberry.

I agree with you there as I too was really hooked to those features. Now I'm not sure if you have a jailbroken phone or not, but if you do, there's this app called "my profile" it's amazing! You have at least 7 or more different profiles to choose from and the even better thing is that you can set each profile to specific days and hours.

For instance if you're at work during the mornings then you set it to "work" and plug in the times 8am - 4:30pm and set the tones and or whatever.
    06-11-2011 07:01 AM
    I just made the switch to iPhone 4 last night! So far I know I've made the right decision! I had a Blackberry Bold 9650 and while it was a good phone, good for what I knew, I know how behind the times RIM is and had been debating all week to make the switch and yesterday after work I took the plunge. I already had a MAC at home as well as an iPod that I really don't use anymore but I know I'll get plenty of use out my iphone!
    06-11-2011 07:08 AM
    I was a BB user since the trackwheel years before I got the original iPhone and man has it come a long way, sadly Blackberry really hasn't....
    06-11-2011 12:04 PM
    Changing from BB to iPhone 4 was the best. The thing that annoyed me most about BB was surfing the internet. The page would crash every 5 seconds and none of the images would show up and it looked so cheap. Being able to surf the net effortlessly is great on the iPhone
    06-11-2011 01:49 PM
    I'm making the Jump later this week from the Blackberry Torch 9800 to iPhone 4. I never thought I'd go (back) to iphone after my first forage into apple with the 3Gs. I was miserable after a month and ended up trading it in for a Bold 9700. After too many issues with the software on the Bold, I traded up to the Torch, excited that I'd have the option of physical keyboard, touch screen and a larg(er) display.

After my 7th handset swap due to either hardware or software issues on each and everyone, I pleaded my case with Rogers and my iphone 4 is in transit.

I thought I couldn't live with BBM and an LED indicator but after all the issues and the fact that most ppl I know barely utilize BBM to contact me anymore, I think I'll survive.
    06-11-2011 09:38 PM
    Painted_Lady:

Things are a lil different in ip4 but they are efficient and they work perfectly... no need to battery pull no need to call in to see if rims servers are out or not.

If certain things are not the way you want you can get a solution to it it may not be 100% but will be close enough.

e.g i used various ringers for various items email/im/phone/txt with ip4 no such thing but you jb and do it. Notifications there are a few apps that do the same or even better... then there is lockscreen info for those who need notifications on lock screen... i actually did not buy it as i never liked info on lock screen.
    06-12-2011 12:03 PM
    BlackBerry user for 6+ years and just switched last week to a white iPhone 4... I have to admit that I've fallen in LOVE. Still missing BBM and the LED (not so much for the blinking lights, but just for the simplicity of looking down in my bag or car console and seeing I had a notification) but otherwise love it!
    06-12-2011 08:37 PM
    i made the switch a year ago today and havn't looked back yet!
    06-13-2011 06:04 PM
    Blackberry user for years. I decided on the iPhone over the thunderbolt after hearing the crashing and battery life issues. This thing is phenomenal. After using BB for so long, it's hard to accept a phone that does exactly what it says it's going to all the time.

Honest truths, though, are that typing on BB was waaaY faster and easier, the email system was little better, I cry for BBM because most of my friends still use it, and weirdly enough I miss the LED indicator like everyone else here. Now I have to pic up the phone to see if I missed anything. All in all, though, apple has won my heart.
    06-14-2011 06:28 AM
    I found an app to address my notifications for work pager issue, so I am quite happy now.
    what app did you find? the notifications on the blackberry are the one thing i miss!
    06-16-2011 04:22 AM
    iPhone > BlackBerry ! It's for sure!

I'm using BlackBerry for my work and iPhone as personal device. Sometimes I swap them and use BlackBerry as my personal device just for testing some. I can definitely say that iPhone is really better for personal use.

Except the BlackBerry Messenger,etc. (generally BIS) there was no positive things which you can compare it with iPhone. Probably iMessage will disappear this difference too.

If we could compare it before iOs 5; we could easily say that the notifications,BBM, OTA Update, etc. were positive things for BlackBerry. But according to iOs 5; iPhone is slightly better than BlackBerry in every single way for me.

Now, I even did not extended my BIS contract and just using my BB as wi-fi. (have to cause of work )
    06-25-2011 09:03 PM
    I switched from a Torch to an iPhone 4 exactly a week ago today! You can't even compare the two. Even the exact same apps work 100 times better on the iphone than on the torch. No looking back.
    06-26-2011 04:57 PM
    just switched a couple of days ago - any quick tips? Or pointers?
    06-26-2011 10:16 PM
189 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD