An Avid Hater Changing his ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

evankwh

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody,
i am new to this forum and as the title suggests i was a avid hater for iphones.
But i am a changed man
THANKS TO THE NEW IPHONE 4 COMING OUT (white of course)
i don't know what about it that changed my mind but...it has

This does not mean i will buy an iphone 4 but adds it to my ever growing list of phones i might get.

The reason of this post is to show you the success of apple in the eyes of one of the haters.
so thanks guys.

PS: White looks...i admit it...absolutely f*****g awesome

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi everybody,
i am new to this forum and as the title suggests i was a avid hater for iphones.
But i am a changed man
THANKS TO THE NEW IPHONE 4 COMING OUT (white of course)
i don't know what about it that changed my mind but...it has

This does not mean i will buy an iphone 4 but adds it to my ever growing list of phones i might get.

The reason of this post is to show you the success of apple in the eyes of one of the haters.
so thanks guys.

PS: White looks...i admit it...absolutely f*****g awesome

So you just have a over growing list of phones you might get without buying any of them !???:confused:
Is Nokia 3950, Ericsson 334 and the original Blackberry on that list? :p

evankwh

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
lets just out it this way i haven't had a new phone for about 2 years so am due for a new one that's why i been looking into them lately and like quite a few of em

card0124

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I hated iPhone, iPod touch, and all apple products until now. I do not have any product loyalty and just go with what i feel is best at the current time. Now the iphone 4 is the best phone out and so i have no reason to hate it anymore. The reason for my past hate is because of all the praise a product that was all bark with no bite got which really got me upset at how easily people were swayed.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
First post on here....been reading the forums avidly for a long time however.

Here's my beef with all of these "haters" who want to bash Apple and most of all the iPhone. Apple puts out probably the most technologically capable piece of hardware on the planet. It can only be jealousy or some extreme brand loyalty that they almost feel obligated to hate the iPhone. I think non-users are just angry that Apple revolutionized the way we use our phones, Mr. Jobs beat the rest of the market to the punch and I think it goes without saying that all of us on these forums are grateful he did.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For some I think it is jealousy. However, before the 3GS, the iPhone wasn't exactly the pinnacle of modern technology. No mms? No c&p? No multitasking? No custom sounds for emails, and texts? All of these things my sidekick lx from 2007 could do. I can see why people didn't like it, but hate is a really strong word for a inanimate object.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who had a sidekick and she was addicted to that thing like crack, and I dont disagree with you at all. I just think Apple has pushed the cell phone market to where it is, a lot of the new phones that are coming out are based largely on trying to compete with Apple. To me it seems one could pinpoint that as a source for jealousy etc.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who had a sidekick and she was addicted to that thing like crack, and I dont disagree with you at all. I just think Apple has pushed the cell phone market to where it is, a lot of the new phones that are coming out are based largely on trying to compete with Apple. To me it seems one could pinpoint that as a source for jealousy etc.

I think you make some very valid points.

One thing I've noticed is that Android is the OS/phone of choice when it comes to, what I like to call, Linux Snobs. These people are typically comprised of kids/young adults (or adults who never matured) who hate Microsoft and Apple plus anything else that isn't declared "open source." They are very close minded in their thoughts and act very childish when they speak about us "iTards."

I say all this as a guy from the outside looking in. I'm a PC guy. I don't have Power Macs, iMacs, G3's, G4's Power Books or whatever in the heck else. I am no Apple fanboy.

I simply think Apple makes the overall best smartphone on the planet right now.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
How can you HATE something you haven't tried? I don't HATE droid. I just love my iPhone. I found it absolutely addictive, but it always makes me wonder when people have strong feelings about something they have no real personal knowledge of.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Oh no lol I totally agree with you about Apple propelling the market forward. I was just saying that I can understand why up until this point that there were many people who didn't like the iphone because of missing features. To be honest, I am a Apple fanboy and even if the iPhone wasn't the "best" phone on the market I would still have one and that is because I like the way Apple treats me as a customer and I love the way the iPhone just works. It has a amazing feature set, and everything it does works beautifully.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
No doubt that the first couple releases may have been missing a few things, but the platform allows for so much ease of use. Literally you could probably hand iPhone to the most unsavy person on the planet and they could be using it within 10 minutes. I was a BB user before I switched to ATT and the iPhone and to the iPhone really blows BB away. Obviously the phones are used for 2 different realms, BB being primarily geared towards business, but the iPhone overall does what you would BB to do then more. Used to if I went to the gym I had to bring my phone, iPod, and my palm with me so I would have everything I needed to get through the day. Needless to say, life is much more simple. Its almost hard to remember the days before iPhone or even smartphones for that matter.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Everybody at my work, with the exception of a couple of people, have BBs. They hate them because they cannot get the full functionality out of them without having a BES server. And since I work for a small business, and a full fledged BES server is not exactly in the budget.

There's a lot of "moving to iPhone" talk around the office these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711