Should separate the hardware and software lists -

Hardware:
    - Would like a bigger screen but not a bigger phone - Would like the Button and the speaker moved to side of the phone so the whole front of the phone can be the dispaly
    - Faster CPU - maybe dual core.
    - Faster net - 4G/LTE/WiMax???
    - Thermometer/Barometer/Altimeter ???
    - Bigger battery - would be good if had to charge the phone only once a week!
    - A little more water proof? My daughter's iPod touch seems to have water damage with being in the backpack when it was raining.
    - Stronger Glass - wife cracked the screen on her new iPhone 4 - lucky Apple replaced it for free!

Software:
    - Notifications of course have to be streamlined.
    - Active Lock screen with time/calendar/mail/message areas so dont have to unlock.
    - Active icons - would these be widgets then?
    - I think it may be time to stop working on Clock/stock/weather/Calculator apps and concentrate on the "core" apps like mail/calendar/safari/ipod???

Hoping we will have most of these software features this year in an update!!
    08-13-2010 01:27 PM
    At least widgetize the Weather icon. It's not always 73 and sunny.
    08-13-2010 01:49 PM
    64 GB. New form factor that solves the "death grip" antenna problem. I could take or leave widgets and theming, though I wouldn't complain if they were there. A new notification system would be great. A "today" type screen without having to jailbreak would be really nice. So would an SBSettings type function. Otherwise, I like the screen, buttons and lack of hardware keyboard just fine as they are!
    08-15-2010 09:52 PM
    I think it may be time for Apple to ditch the connector they have and go with a mini usb like most other phones. I think this is a requirement in Europe? All their chargers are usb chargers anyway!
    08-16-2010 12:41 AM
    ha. why would they do that when they want to control the market? thats like telling them to finally integrate flash

i agree on better email notification..with the bb whenever i get a new email it would pop up like a text, whetheras with the iphone i'd have to click into the program :|

also it would be lovely to 'tag' the photos in the photo viewer like flickr allows..so when i take a picture i can add key words onto it.
    08-16-2010 12:59 AM
    I 2nd TampaDude, make the icon on the weather app show the conditions and temp of my location :-)
    08-16-2010 02:22 AM
    I would LOVE the ability to choose what information I want to restore to my phone from backup. I only ever want to restore my texts, everything else I couldn't care less.
    08-31-2010 11:11 AM
    Facebook integration into iOS. I have strong doubts this will happen though.
    08-31-2010 10:12 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD