I know we are all excited about getting our hands on the new iPhone but I was thinking...maybe it wont be too bad. After selling SO many on the first pre-order day they should have a better idea of how many extras they may need as well right? I mean they have over a week to schedule more shipments so they can push as many as possible. If they are as smart as I HOPE they are there should be plenty "extra" come the 24th. If I were apple id go as far as to send at least 1 shipment of nothing but iPhones to each store. It may cost them but we all know itll be worth it
    06-17-2010 05:17 PM
    I don't think it's a simple matter of just "scheduling more shipments." It's pretty tough for factories, suplliers, etc to keep up with the crazy demand for these things. The Apple store here in town had lines out front for weeks. I don't expect anything different this time around.
    06-17-2010 05:31 PM
    I don't think it's a simple matter of just "scheduling more shipments." It's pretty tough for factories, suplliers, etc to keep up with the crazy demand for these things. The Apple store here in town had lines out front for weeks. I don't expect anything different this time around.
    if you are from LV, I do remember Town Square Apple store having a 2-3 hours wait for 2 weeks after release. It was nuts. This time, I have mine reserved for Forum Shops at Caesers
    06-17-2010 05:37 PM
    if you are from LV, I do remember Town Square Apple store having a 2-3 hours wait for 2 weeks after release. It was nuts. This time, I have mine reserved for Forum Shops at Caesers
    I don't recall the wait time for the Galleria here in Houston, but there were still long lines for the 3GS a week or so after launch. I never understood why Houston never got it's own stand alone store. They are all stuck in malls. I don't like malls.
    06-17-2010 05:40 PM
    I don't recall the wait time for the Galleria here in Houston, but there were still long lines for the 3GS a week or so after launch. I never understood why Houston never got it's own stand alone store. They are all stuck in malls. I don't like malls.
    There are all stuck in malls in Vegas too. The Town Square outdoor mall, Forum Shops Ceasers Palace, and Fashion Show Mall. All on the LV strip. We dont have any stand alone stores either
    06-17-2010 05:45 PM
    There are all stuck in malls in Vegas too. The Town Square outdoor mall, Forum Shops Ceasers Palace, and Fashion Show Mall. All on the LV strip. We dont have any stand alone stores either
    I didn't know that Forum Shops had an Apple Store. As long as I spent following my wife around the place on our last trip, I wish I would have found it.
    06-17-2010 06:00 PM
    It only took about an hour last time so and I didn't pre order so I'm praying it will be as smooth this time. I do think the pre order is really smart on Apple's part because they know about how many to prepare for AND the die hard fans get taken care of first because of the pre order. That's cool.
    06-17-2010 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD