Speaker Phone..

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
I still use the iPhone 3G and have always been happy with the phone. One issue that kills me is the speaker phone sucks. With all the talk of the iPhone 4, (unless I missed it) was there any talk about a better speaker phone?

Chris

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
We won't know until we get the unit in our own hands. I think the 3Gs speakerphone does a decent job, most certainly light years head of the initial iPhone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, when they mentioned the noise-canceling mic. Their exact tagline was "make every conversation a quiet one".

However I don't find the 3GS's speakerphone to be bad at all! Don't know what you're talking about.

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Well, maybe what I mean is being able to make the speaker phone louder. Yes, the speaker phone works but just not loud enough for my use.

Chris

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to disagree with the most of you and say that the 3GS speakers are subpar to other phones like the Blackberry models.

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
I wanted to say it but didn't. I was a long time BB user but when the 3G came out I made the switch. Yes, the speaker phone on my Bold 9000 was amazing! I will keep my fingers crossed on the iPhone 4.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I use my speaker on my 3Gs literally all day, it sounds great actually. At full volume music gets distorted but I'm not a loud music type of person anyway. Speakerphone is always loud enough for me, though it was awful on the 3G.

Why would you use speakerphone in a loud place though honestly??? That's kinda rude isn't it?

Last edited:

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
In a noisy environment, wouldn't a blue tooth in one ear and a finger in the other be ideal?
Of course you would have to shout so the other party could hear you.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
If someone is say, working around machinery though, they don't have much choice, other than calling back later.

Text, IM or email would be better.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If someone is say, working around machinery though, they don't have much choice, other than calling back later.

Text, IM or email would be better.

If you work around machinery wouldn't you rather put the phone up to your ear??? Seems to be a lot safer and the clear, obvious choice.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Speaker is not loud in car while driving. The ac blocks out the sound. I have been around some bb that are very loud and wish my 3gs would do that.

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, when they mentioned the noise-canceling mic. Their exact tagline was "make every conversation a quiet one".

However I don't find the 3GS's speakerphone to be bad at all! Don't know what you're talking about.

The noise canceling mic is to reduce background noise while speaking. It won't affect the quality of the speakers, although I assume they'll be as good as any other Apple product.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods