Ok, I have some questions for all you Canadians out there.

1) What carrier are you on? And are you staying with them when you upgrade to the iPhone 4?

2) Pre-order or get it in store?

3) WHY DOES STEVE HATE US?!!!

Anywhom. I am on Rogers, I will be staying with them. I am pre-ordering it and having it shipped to me.... or picking it up, but I will pre-order either way. Also, does anyone know this. I am getting it directly from Apple but upgrading from my 3GS which I got on launch last year, will the iPhone 4 come with a microSIM for Robbers in it? Or will I have to go to Rogers and get a new one?
    06-17-2010 01:26 AM
    If you preorder through apple it will be for your carrier. We had to do it with AT&T.
    06-17-2010 08:08 AM
    I'm on Fido, I'm staying with them haven't decided if I will be getting the upgrade, only 1 year left on my 3 year contract, or buying the phone full price which I've always done.

I will pre-order and I'm hoping the pickup in store will be offered cause I wanted to do it with my iPad but it wasn't offered. The Eaton Center is 10 minutes from my work so I want to enjoy the release day antics. If any other TiPbers will be there it would be cool to meet up

When you order the phone it will prob give you an option of getting the MicroSIM with the order for .20 that's how it was for the iPad. Even if you don't choose that option you can get it in the store for free I didn't get my with the iPad order so I picked it up in the store and they said it was free. You just tell them which carrier you want and they get the SIM. At all costs do not get it from Rogers, Apple .20 w/ order and free when I picked it up at the store. I checked online and Rogers wanted $9.99 for the same MicroSIM hmmmm where would I get it.

Steve thinks everyone in Canada are all eskimos and we use smoke signals to talk to neighbours across the frozen tundra so why would we need phones??
    06-17-2010 08:54 AM
    If you preorder through apple it will be for your carrier. We had to do it with AT&T.
    We don't get Apple pre-orders in Canada.
    06-17-2010 11:01 AM
    Canadians who order it directly from Apple (apple.ca), are getting an unlocked device, so I would think it's up to you to get a sim card from Rogers.

Unless they are available as locked versions online as well.

Canada getting unlocked iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Boy Genius Report
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-17-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    06-17-2010 12:11 PM
    Canadians who order it directly from Apple (apple.ca), are getting an unlocked device, so I would think it's up to you to get a sim card from Rogers.

Unless they are available as locked versions online as well.

Canada getting unlocked iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Boy Genius Report
    Nope, through Apple in Canada it is unlocked only.
    06-17-2010 12:23 PM
    Nope, through Apple in Canada it is unlocked only.
    Really? That is incorrect. I talked to an Apple rep the other day and they said when you pre-order, you can select your carrier and if you have an existing contract, you can upgrade right from the Apple site when they are available to pre-order.
    06-17-2010 03:39 PM
    Really? That is incorrect. I talked to an Apple rep the other day and they said when you pre-order, you can select your carrier and if you have an existing contract, you can upgrade right from the Apple site when they are available to pre-order.
    ...??? Since when have we had Apple pre-orders in Canada???
    06-17-2010 04:39 PM
    ...??? Since when have we had Apple pre-orders in Canada???
    Since the Apple rep told me so.
    06-17-2010 10:13 PM
    Since the Apple rep told me so.
    Apple reps have no f*cking idea what they are talking about. Seriously.
    If an Apple rep knew pre-orders were going to be available in Canada, wouldn't TiPB have reported on that? Hell, even Engadget and Gizmodo would report on it. It wasn't available last year when there was only 1 carrier they needed to work with, why would it suddenly be available this year when there are 5???
    06-17-2010 11:38 PM
    Apple reps have no f*cking idea what they are talking about. Seriously.
    If an Apple rep knew pre-orders were going to be available in Canada, wouldn't TiPB have reported on that? Hell, even Engadget and Gizmodo would report on it. It wasn't available last year when there was only 1 carrier they needed to work with, why would it suddenly be available this year when there are 5???
    Hey, All I am saying is I would love to pre-order and cut out Rogers because they are F**king terrible.
    06-17-2010 11:40 PM
    Hey, All I am saying is I would love to pre-order and cut out Rogers because they are F**king terrible.
    Yeah but Apple doesn't integrate completely with any carriers besides AT&T, and even with AT&T there are some options which are not available (i.e. upgrading on family plans).

Also I wasn't trying to be rude towards you if it seemed that way haha.. just illustrating the stupidity of many apple associates. XD
    Last edited by Jellotime91; 06-18-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    06-17-2010 11:54 PM
    Haha ya I know. I just hate Robbers so much. Apparently I owe them 218 bucks for a bill I apparently didn't pay last month. Even though my account show my last payment received may 28. Like get with it.
    06-18-2010 01:16 AM
    I'm with Bell. Most likely going to stay with them for a while. Since we've no idea what the big 3 plan on doing with the iphone 4 in terms of upgrade ( which I'm sure we won't get anything and they're quite busy price fixing among themselves....sigh....I'm so bitter ), I'm still pondering gradually saving up to get the iPhone 4 directly from the Apple store here in downtown Vancouver and plugging in the SIM card from my 3GS. We'll see....We'll see. I won't get it on launch day anyway - not that we even have a solid date for Canadian launch.......( I swear....so effing bitter....URGH )
    06-18-2010 05:55 PM
    I'm with Bell. Most likely going to stay with them for a while. Since we've no idea what the big 3 plan on doing with the iphone 4 in terms of upgrade ( which I'm sure we won't get anything and they're quite busy price fixing among themselves ....sigh....I'm so bitter ), I'm still pondering gradually saving up to get the iPhone 4 directly from the Apple store here in downtown Vancouver and plugging in the SIM card from my 3GS. We'll see....We'll see. I won't get it on launch day anyway - not that we even have a solid date for Canadian launch.......( I swear....so effing bitter....URGH )
    This (almost) makes me welcome foreign ownership.
    06-18-2010 06:41 PM
    The rep was probably talking about the U.S.
    06-18-2010 07:09 PM
    The rep was probably talking about the U.S.
    Oh how I wish you were wrong.
    06-18-2010 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD