Do the apple.com pre-orders still allow an option for in-store pickup? If so, does the 7/14 estimate apply? I'm trying to decide if just waiting for an opportunity to just walk in to an Apple Store and buy one would be faster.

I know there will be limited inventory for walk-ins on launch day, but what about after launch? Are there likely to be subsequent shipments that will come in over the next month that I could just walk in and pick up, instead of waiting for my "reserved" iPhone to become available on 7/14?
    06-16-2010 09:41 PM
    You could try getting to the Apple Store really early on 6/24. After that, shipments should be coming in regularly just like any other store.
    06-16-2010 09:48 PM
    You could try getting to the Apple Store really early on 6/24. After that, shipments should be coming in regularly just like any other store.
    Would midnight be good enough? Because that's when I get off work on the 24th.
    06-16-2010 11:13 PM
    Would midnight be good enough? Because that's when I get off work on the 24th.
    I'm sure that's fine, but you might not even have to go that early depending on where you live. (And I'm not asking.) My recommendation would be to drive by periodically and see how big the line is. When people start to line up, that's when you should head on over.
    06-16-2010 11:17 PM
    follow Steve around until he leaves his at a bar and swipe it I mean "find" it jus playin' around man I hope you get one
    06-17-2010 12:46 AM
    Reserve one for as early as possible through Apple and
    then head over to the store early to try and pick one
    up on the 24th. If that doesn't work, you still have the
    reserve to fall back on.
    06-17-2010 12:50 AM
    Will there be a separate line for Reservations and Pre-Orders?
    06-17-2010 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD