With the new Iphone 4 I due out, I am thinking of switching from the BB Storm to the Iphone 4.
    I don't like the way RIM dropped the Storm in terms of OS updates.
    And the various devices and company growth is leading me to believe they will not last.
    Data/email disruptions don't seem to happen with Iphones
    I am on Bell in Canada, and I am thinking of switching to Rogers to take advantage of the new plan discounts on the device since my contract is up in December.

I am looking for some opinions before I switch and if anyone is on Rogers, I would appreciate any opinions on them as a service provider.
    And can you let me know if the Iphone has any apps for email/sms notifications? I like the LED notifications with BB and was wondering if anything simular is available for the Iphone.
    06-16-2010 12:58 PM
    All I can say is I went from the BB Storm 1 to Iphone 3gs and have never looked back.

Can't help you out re Rogers as I am in the States.

Take the plunge as the water is GREAT
    06-16-2010 01:11 PM
    With the new Iphone 4 I due out, I am thinking of switching from the BB Storm to the Iphone 4.
    I don't like the way RIM dropped the Storm in terms of OS updates.
    And the various devices and company growth is leading me to believe they will not last.
    Data/email disruptions don't seem to happen with Iphones
    I am on Bell in Canada, and I am thinking of switching to Rogers to take advantage of the new plan discounts on the device since my contract is up in December.

I am looking for some opinions before I switch and if anyone is on Rogers, I would appreciate any opinions on them as a service provider.
    And can you let me know if the Iphone has any apps for email/sms notifications? I like the LED notifications with BB and was wondering if anything simular is available for the Iphone.
    Data disruptions do happen, but they are usually network issues and cell providers usually fix those quickly. Email disruptions are based on your network connection ( Rogers in your case) AND your email provider. The iPhone isn't like a BB where RIM is the gatekeeper to all your data ( though you can have Apple collect all your data with MobileMe for an extra expense ).

There are apps to make your phone repeatedly beep, or lightup/vibrate if you jailbreak your phone, but there are no Apple Approved apps to do that kind of thing.
    06-16-2010 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD