**Update on Bestbuy orders**

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine pre-ordered one at the same Best Buy that I went to on Wednesday and she got a call today as well to schedule her appointment which is at 12:30.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Could have had a 16 tomorrow, tho I ordered a 32. I have a tee time that interferes with all of the open appts. Golf before phone. I'll wait for my 32.

pg_rider

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy totally screwed me. I pre-ordered with them on the 15th; it was late in the day (5pm) so I asked the guy specifically if I would be *guaranteed a phone. He said yes, that Best Buy has a central database to track how many phones they'll get on launch day and how many pre-orders they're getting -- as soon as they reach the limit they'll shut down the pre-orders.

Fast forward to yesterday and I call them for an appointment time -- they tell me they have limited availability and that I won't be getting a phone. Words can't describe how pissed I am...

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy totally screwed me. I pre-ordered with them on the 15th; it was late in the day (5pm) so I asked the guy specifically if I would be *guaranteed a phone. He said yes, that Best Buy has a central database to track how many phones they'll get on launch day and how many pre-orders they're getting -- as soon as they reach the limit they'll shut down the pre-orders.

Fast forward to yesterday and I call them for an appointment time -- they tell me they have limited availability and that I won't be getting a phone. Words can't describe how pissed I am...

Same thing for me. Told me i'd have to wait til next week. Good thing apple store is holding on to one for me today ;)

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why you'd go to a third party anyway.

I went to Radioshack the day before, they said they could not pre-order. Best Buy told me it would just be $50 and they could HOLD a spot for me. I decided to be safe to guarantee my iPhone 4, I went to the AT&T store about 11:30am on the pre-order day, waiting about 20 minutes, was given my receipt and confirmation.

FedEx says should be here before noon..

AbstraKt

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Wait it out. I was in that same boat yesterday.

- Pre-ordered right before closing on the 15th at a relatively small store.
- Yesterday I rec'd word that I was actually bumped down the list from 7 to 8 to an undetermined number (wow @ that).
- Rec'd a call 10 mins. ago setting up an appointment for 2 hours from now (the store opened 15 mins. ago).

On top of it all, I ordered the seemingly rarer 32GB in black.

Moral of the story: wait it out.

pg_rider

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Wait it out. I was in that same boat yesterday.

- Pre-ordered right before closing on the 15th at a relatively small store.
- Yesterday I rec'd word that I was actually bumped down the list from 7 to 8 to an undetermined number (wow @ that).
- Rec'd a call 10 mins. ago setting up an appointment for 2 hours from now (the store opened 15 mins. ago).

On top of it all, I ordered the seemingly rarer 32GB in black.

Moral of the story: wait it out.

Good point -- guess I shouldn't have blasted my local Best Buy on their Facebook page then huh? lol

AbstraKt

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Good point -- guess I shouldn't have blasted my local Best Buy on their Facebook page then huh? lol

It's your every consumer right to have an opinion. It is your every American right to voice that opinion.

You may be surprised - shipments have been coming in waves. You may not have been on the first but more will follow, trust.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I got the same call yesterday from bestbuy, that i was #11 on the list for the 32gig and they only received 10... I was pissed, but like every1 says u pay a price by thinking ur smarter than every1 else and skipping the lines at att and apple or the online problems. Guess jokes on me now i dont have a phone:mad: and mostly the rest of u do, Congratis too the 1's that got one, ill B waiting til nxt wk.

dolacheck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
People that have gotten thier phones from best buy already, how was the process? Quick and painless? Im going to pick mine up later this afternoon so im just curious

slumpbuster

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I just picked mine up........

appointment at 10:30, walked right in and the whole process took about 15 minutes (and that included having them install the invisishield for me.

A total piece of cake.

dolacheck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
is best buy selling the invisishield? I remember they asked me if I wanted to get a case or protector with it but I said no cause I was hoping to get something else. But at this point id rather have something then nothing.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
yes they are selling it. when they called me yesterday they asked if i wanted it so they could go ahead and put it on for me. It was on when i picked up a few hours ago.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My Best Buy got less than half of what they were told they would get. Didn't get mine, I'm now #2 on the 32GB list when they get more. Kind of annoyed because it looks like Apple is holding a huge amount at their own stores, probably to generate the normal press firestorm and camp outs. Other sites with blogging from Apple Stores around the country are saying they look to have lots of stock for walk-ins and have heard they may also get more mid-day today.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
My Best Buy had enough to fill all pre-orders and had enough left over to give everyone (about 30 people) who stood in line all night. The guy said they sold out at about 10 or 10:30.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My Best Buy had enough to fill all pre-orders and had enough left over to give everyone (about 30 people) who stood in line all night. The guy said they sold out at about 10 or 10:30.

:( Just bummed out, I was so close. Going to my bro's wedding tomorrow and the flight leaves at 6:00am. Was looking forward to lots of play time on the trip down/back. Oh well. If they get more before I get back on Tuesday they will hold it they said. One last trip with my trusty old 3G to say good bye.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice