Im still waiting as well, they better call!
    06-23-2010 02:59 PM
    @gtGarrrett

I'm reffering to the North Irving store off I-635 and N. MacArthur Blvd. The store number is 1032.
    06-23-2010 03:04 PM
    I got the call from Best Buy about 45 minutes ago.

They asked me when the best time was to set it up and I told them the earliest possible time. At 8 am central time, I'll be rocking my new iPhone 4.

I feel like it's Christmas Eve. You know you have a really cool gift waiting for you but you can't touch it or even look at it until the next day.
    06-23-2010 04:18 PM
    I JUST GOT THE CALL TOO!!!!!!! I was getting nervous!! I was the 1st pre-order and hadnt heard anything from Best Buy. I got the call to be there at 8:30AM to pick up my brand new 16GB Black iphone 4!!!!!!!!
    06-23-2010 04:56 PM
    I just left the BB where I pre-ordered mine and I'm good to go! I'm the first appointment at 9am ( they aren't opening early) tomorrow! They won't have any for walk-ups just pre-orders. I can't wait to get my brand new 16gb black iPhone 4!

I've had the chance to play with a live one (twice) at some of my Att stores, and all I can say is wow. The display can't really be described or even photographed properly. It looks fake it's so sharp and crisp. It looks like one of those dummy phones with the cardboard cutout for a display, but better. It really is impressive. And really fast I might add. It doesn't lag at all. The camera is also amazing. It takes crystal clear pic (fast) and records some of the cleanest video I've ever seen on a phone. It's amazing to watch HD video on the Retina Display.

Needless to say, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas tomorrow.lol. It can't get here fast enough.
    06-23-2010 04:58 PM
    just got the call from bb, the earliest appt time they had was 1 pm! and i'm # 19 on the list! seems a little late to me. oh well i'm just glad i'm fortunate enough to get it on launch day
    06-23-2010 05:21 PM
    I called they made me an appointment for 9am
    06-23-2010 05:50 PM
    I just got a call from my local bestbuy. I now have an appointment for 8am so I must have been fairly high on the list. Seems like they did get enough to fill 40 perorders though. oh my best buy is located in Tuscaloosa AL so if you preordered there you are good to go and should expect a call soon.
    06-23-2010 09:13 PM
    My BB got 29 phones and the guy said I could show up at 3pm. I ordered the phone late in the day on 6/15 so I'm fine with that.
    06-23-2010 09:24 PM
    I ordered two iPhone 4's at bb on the 16th. They called tonight and set up an appointment time for 11 A.M. I'm stoked.
    06-23-2010 10:51 PM
    A friend of mine pre-ordered one at the same Best Buy that I went to on Wednesday and she got a call today as well to schedule her appointment which is at 12:30.
    06-23-2010 11:06 PM
    Could have had a 16 tomorrow, tho I ordered a 32. I have a tee time that interferes with all of the open appts. Golf before phone. I'll wait for my 32.
    06-23-2010 11:16 PM
    Best Buy totally screwed me. I pre-ordered with them on the 15th; it was late in the day (5pm) so I asked the guy specifically if I would be *guaranteed a phone. He said yes, that Best Buy has a central database to track how many phones they'll get on launch day and how many pre-orders they're getting -- as soon as they reach the limit they'll shut down the pre-orders.

Fast forward to yesterday and I call them for an appointment time -- they tell me they have limited availability and that I won't be getting a phone. Words can't describe how pissed I am...
    06-24-2010 11:05 AM
    Best Buy totally screwed me. I pre-ordered with them on the 15th; it was late in the day (5pm) so I asked the guy specifically if I would be *guaranteed a phone. He said yes, that Best Buy has a central database to track how many phones they'll get on launch day and how many pre-orders they're getting -- as soon as they reach the limit they'll shut down the pre-orders.

Fast forward to yesterday and I call them for an appointment time -- they tell me they have limited availability and that I won't be getting a phone. Words can't describe how pissed I am...
    Same thing for me. Told me i'd have to wait til next week. Good thing apple store is holding on to one for me today
    06-24-2010 11:07 AM
    I don't understand why you'd go to a third party anyway.

I went to Radioshack the day before, they said they could not pre-order. Best Buy told me it would just be $50 and they could HOLD a spot for me. I decided to be safe to guarantee my iPhone 4, I went to the AT&T store about 11:30am on the pre-order day, waiting about 20 minutes, was given my receipt and confirmation.

FedEx says should be here before noon..
    06-24-2010 11:15 AM

Wait it out. I was in that same boat yesterday.

- Pre-ordered right before closing on the 15th at a relatively small store.
    - Yesterday I rec'd word that I was actually bumped down the list from 7 to 8 to an undetermined number (wow @ that).
    - Rec'd a call 10 mins. ago setting up an appointment for 2 hours from now (the store opened 15 mins. ago).

On top of it all, I ordered the seemingly rarer 32GB in black.

Moral of the story: wait it out.
    06-24-2010 11:15 AM
    Wait it out. I was in that same boat yesterday.

- Pre-ordered right before closing on the 15th at a relatively small store.
    - Yesterday I rec'd word that I was actually bumped down the list from 7 to 8 to an undetermined number (wow @ that).
    - Rec'd a call 10 mins. ago setting up an appointment for 2 hours from now (the store opened 15 mins. ago).

On top of it all, I ordered the seemingly rarer 32GB in black.

Moral of the story: wait it out.
    Good point -- guess I shouldn't have blasted my local Best Buy on their Facebook page then huh? lol
    06-24-2010 11:19 AM
    Good point -- guess I shouldn't have blasted my local Best Buy on their Facebook page then huh? lol
    It's your every consumer right to have an opinion. It is your every American right to voice that opinion.

You may be surprised - shipments have been coming in waves. You may not have been on the first but more will follow, trust.
    06-24-2010 11:22 AM
    I got the same call yesterday from bestbuy, that i was #11 on the list for the 32gig and they only received 10... I was pissed, but like every1 says u pay a price by thinking ur smarter than every1 else and skipping the lines at att and apple or the online problems. Guess jokes on me now i dont have a phone and mostly the rest of u do, Congratis too the 1's that got one, ill B waiting til nxt wk.
    06-24-2010 12:03 PM
    I got mine at 8 this morning. It's amazing!
    06-24-2010 12:09 PM
    People that have gotten thier phones from best buy already, how was the process? Quick and painless? Im going to pick mine up later this afternoon so im just curious
    06-24-2010 12:13 PM
    appointment at 10:30, walked right in and the whole process took about 15 minutes (and that included having them install the invisishield for me.

A total piece of cake.
    06-24-2010 12:32 PM
    I got mine at 10:15.....my store said they got 60 32g in and 10 16g. All pre-orders were taken care of.
    06-24-2010 12:38 PM
    is best buy selling the invisishield? I remember they asked me if I wanted to get a case or protector with it but I said no cause I was hoping to get something else. But at this point id rather have something then nothing.
    06-24-2010 12:38 PM
    I got mine at 10:15.....my store said they got 60 32g in and 10 16g. All pre-orders were taken care of.
    SIXTY!? What the hell, how does your store get 70 total and my best buy got ZERO. It's a chicago bb for god's sake!
    06-24-2010 12:40 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD