Why has it been such a hassle?!?!?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I see more and more threads/articles about how difficult preordering has been. Was it this difficult in previous years? the majority of the things i've read is that they don't know if they actually preordered it, or when they should be receiving it or even picking it up. All the apple reps i've talked to have been very vague as to when we should be receiving it......this is just pandomonium!:eek:

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I believe it came from an AT&T system being updated over the weekend and not tested and it wasnt able to handle the extremely high demand...it was for sure a mess and I'm sure next time this will NOT happen.

It's funny because I still have been double checking my order on Apple's store and it still says it will be at my house on the 24th haha. I'm too paranoid and need to stop checking.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I believe it came from an AT&T system being updated over the weekend and not tested and it wasnt able to handle the extremely high demand...it was for sure a mess and I'm sure next time this will NOT happen.

It's funny because I still have been double checking my order on Apple's store and it still says it will be at my house on the 24th haha. I'm too paranoid and need to stop checking.

LOL when I track it on AT&T it shows processing, I wonder if it will say this until it is shipped....All I know is that it better be on my doorstep on the 24th......wasn't there a time they posted where you wouldn't receive it on the 24th if your ordered after it?

EDIT: And I just checked my bank account and I still haven't been charged for it......:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site

I've been doing the same thing. :)

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Apples had their customer service shut down since yesterday.
We give you 20 million dollars, you don't help us after you get the money. haha.
Great way to treat your customers. :)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Anyone want to take bets on how bad their activation servers will be on 6/24? I predict a complete crash at some point, but won't be down all day.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Anyone want to take bets on how bad their activation servers will be on 6/24? I predict a complete crash at some point, but won't be down all day.

That is what everyone's been speculating.....I think i'm going to wait until the next day to try and even activate it......

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
LOL when I track it on AT&T it shows processing, I wonder if it will say this until it is shipped....All I know is that it better be on my doorstep on the 24th......wasn't there a time they posted where you wouldn't receive it on the 24th if your ordered after it?

EDIT: And I just checked my bank account and I still haven't been charged for it......:rolleyes:

Last year I pre-ordered from ATT just like I did this year. My order status said "processing" or "In Progress" until after I actually had my 3GS in hand. I also never got an "order shipped" email from ATT. LOL. As far as your account not showing the funds taken out, I'm not sure. My account still has a hold from ATT for the amount of the phone+taxes.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Last year I pre-ordered from ATT just like I did this year. My order status said "processing" or "In Progress" until after I actually had my 3GS in hand. I also never got an "order shipped" email from ATT. LOL. As far as your account not showing the funds taken out, I'm not sure. My account still has a hold from ATT for the amount of the phone+taxes.

Yeh but didn't you order from Apple? I think it may be different for ATT&T but not for sure.... I find it funny that AT&T hasn't released a statement apologizing or anything for the ****ty way they handled this

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yeh but didn't you order from Apple? I think it may be different for ATT&T but not for sure.... I find it funny that AT&T hasn't released a statement apologizing or anything for the ****ty way they handled this

No, I tried ordering from Apple for the longest time, and couldn't get through. I got through ATT Premier on my first try. I remember I think you and Brian having trouble with iPhone 4 not showing up on Premier. Not sure what that was all about! I've never been able to order through Apple b/c I have an extra security passcode on my ATT account. I tried, but they can never verify my account at Apple. ATT actually did release a statement, but it wasn't exactly an apology though. LOL

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site

lol can't you read his post. it clearly says att

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I find it impossible to imagine a company's servers going down because of only 600,000 units selling in the first day. There's news sites that handle that amount of traffic and don't crash.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I find it impossible to imagine a company's servers going down because of only 600,000 units selling in the first day. There's news sites that handle that amount of traffic and don't crash.

The only thing I can think of is that news sites aren't processing as much information as an order. They are just hosting info, not processing data. I don't know that much about these things, so sorry if this is a dumb statement. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro