Let's meet up at the Apple store on the 24th!

kblinco

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I searched around a bit, but did not see the answer I seek and didn't want to start a new topic. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out who is the misinformed one in this case, AT&T or Apple Stores. So I was unable to pre-order due to the awesome server meltdown, so I'm attempting to walk-in. The issue is, AT&T is not offering the walk-in service until next week, so I'm wanting to try my luck at my local Apple store. My issue is I am NOT the primary on my account, my wife is. I am however an authorized user and know all of the necessary info. I called two different apple stores this morning asking if they are doing walk-ins and at what time. Then I asked if I am able to purchase the phone at my upgrade price without my wife being there, and both the different Apple Store employees said yes, as long as I am an authorized user I can upgrade But NOT add a line. They said all I will need to know is my wife's last 4 on her social and the billing zip. Then I called AT&T just to double check and they said that it was impossible for me to upgrade without my wife present at an Apple store and I can only purchase the iPhone 4 at a corporate AT&T location. So who is lying? haha I really need to know as my wife will NOT under any circumstance wait in line for MY phone!! haha

Rant/

Thanks
Cole

I am in the same boat. My wife's name is on the account but I am also an authorized user. I went to The Apple Store and they said that I would be able to buy our phones (by the way, pre ordered 2 and a longtime ATT/Iphone guy).

My plan is to go after I get off work (I work early so about 11am). The ATT person that my wife spoke to said that if I run into any problems (as there well may be) to call 611 and have someone from the APPLE store talk to the ATT person. If I still can't buy it as an authorized user, my wife will just meet me at the Apple store later in the day but they better not sell our phones if I have to wait 7 hours between standing in line the first and the second time.

InfernoGuy

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Green Hills

lungho; said:
Green Hills mall - Nashville, TN.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I pre-ordered. I'm quite convinced I'm the only person who knows how to use a smartphone in this state. There's no danger of running out of stock. :p

Me too... :)

Steve.Tate

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
If you get there at 4am an the line is around the corner, please post it here and I won't even bother coming in the morning! ;). I'll bring you breakfast if you let me cut! :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm headed to the Willowbrook Mall in Nj in a few hours, i've got one rserved but a paranoid friend of mine couldnt get through online that day so he wants to go and wait in line, I'm gonna be a good friend and wait with him haha

Let me know what the lines look like at Willowbrook.
I have one of my pre-orders there and a couple at
Garden State.

mtbenti

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Let me know what the lines look like at Willowbrook.
I have one of my pre-orders there and a couple at
Garden State.

Just had a friend drive over there to scope out how everything was, and the mall security chased him away from waiting in line outside the mall, told him to come back at 6am, seems like it may be a mad rush to the door later, but ill post again once i get there and let you know how it is

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Just had a friend drive over there to scope out how everything was, and the mall security chased him away from waiting in line outside the mall, told him to come back at 6am, seems like it may be a mad rush to the door later, but ill post again once i get there and let you know how it is

Lmfao @ a mad dash. I don't mind those... long
legs.

Thanks for the heads up.

Brian212

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Bridge Street Town Centre, Huntsville AL. I'm on vacation in Alabama this year, so I had to do the reservation thing for launch day. Last year I was in Columbus, GA for the 3GS launch (again on vacation) and was able to walk into an AT&T kiosk at the mall with no line/waiting. Not counting on being that lucky this year.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Apple Store Saddle Creek

How big is the line? Can you up pics?

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112-1.jpg

Past Loft now...

Tonito87

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
They Started Cutting Off the Line!

I'm in line at the Apple Store on Lincoln Road in South Beach... They've already started cutting off the line and are telling people that they can not guarantee iPhones beyond a certain point....

Its Crazy!!! It's only 1:00am...

Can't wait to get my hands on mine!!!!!!!! :cool:

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm in line at the Apple Store on Lincoln Road in South Beach... They've already started cutting off the line and are telling people that they can not guarantee iPhones beyond a certain point....

Its Crazy!!! It's only 1:00am...

Can't wait to get my hands on mine!!!!!!!! :cool:

Post PICS!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox