Let's meet up at the Apple store on the 24th!

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Reserved for tomorrow!

I just called the Apple Store in the Maine Mall. The Mall opens at 6:00 and the Store at 7:00. Due to the Malls layout, it's hard to know which exterior door will be unlocked first and lines are expected at both doors near the Store. It's going to be chaos!

But! She assured me that if I have a reservation, they are setting aside sufficient new iPhones for everyone so reserved. She further went and checked that I was indeed on their list (and I was)!

So, I'm asking, unless you want to be some sort of Apple masochist, why the heck would you want to put yourself through this madness--not to mention sleep deprivation? Just wait until later in the day (if you have a confirmation and the flexibility) and enjoy a more sane and peaceful introduction to your new iPhone.

Michael in Maine :rolleyes:

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Well since I was unable to pre order last week I am trying to get one tommrow as a walk in. The apple store in Norfolk, Va is in MacAurther Mall and they said the Mall will open at 6am and the store will open at 7am. This is the first time I went to an Iphone Launch. I want to get there at like 4 am but I don't know if the mall will let me park in the garagage that early. Anyone got any advise for a newbie (by the way upgrading from an iphone 3G). Think I will have a shot at getting one without a pre order tommorow?

moody6635

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
because of the att last minute chaos i am going to a apple store a hour away from me i called and they are located in a mall never been leaving at 10pm tonight hope i line up at the right door wish me luck lol and then i have to find the apple store in the mall ugh

oh and i am going to the one in ann arbor MI

Last edited:

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a reservation but I'm planning on heading to the Apple Store in Somerset Mall in Troy, MI. Anyone heading there or been there before for a launch?

AbstraKt

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Green Hills mall - Nashville, TN.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I pre-ordered. I'm quite convinced I'm the only person who knows how to use a smartphone in this state. There's no danger of running out of stock. :p

Thought I was here in Memphis. If there's even a single person forming a line here, I'm waiting on my fall out plan.

Hype strictly sells these devices here.

cdub85

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I searched around a bit, but did not see the answer I seek and didn't want to start a new topic. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out who is the misinformed one in this case, AT&T or Apple Stores. So I was unable to pre-order due to the awesome server meltdown, so I'm attempting to walk-in. The issue is, AT&T is not offering the walk-in service until next week, so I'm wanting to try my luck at my local Apple store. My issue is I am NOT the primary on my account, my wife is. I am however an authorized user and know all of the necessary info. I called two different apple stores this morning asking if they are doing walk-ins and at what time. Then I asked if I am able to purchase the phone at my upgrade price without my wife being there, and both the different Apple Store employees said yes, as long as I am an authorized user I can upgrade But NOT add a line. They said all I will need to know is my wife's last 4 on her social and the billing zip. Then I called AT&T just to double check and they said that it was impossible for me to upgrade without my wife present at an Apple store and I can only purchase the iPhone 4 at a corporate AT&T location. So who is lying? haha I really need to know as my wife will NOT under any circumstance wait in line for MY phone!! haha

Rant/

Thanks
Cole

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Just found out that the mall I'm going to doesn't allow lines to form outside until 15mins before they open the doors which is 6 am. This is bad. There is gonna be a bum rush to the Apple store. I'd planned to get there at 430 to get a good spot. Grrrrr....

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Just found out that the mall I'm going to doesn't allow lines to form outside until 15mins before they open the doors which is 6 am. This is bad. There is gonna be a bum rush to the Apple store. I'd planned to get there at 430 to get a good spot. Grrrrr....

thats kinda sweet though. Just find out from security which doors will open first then get a spot in the lot where u can see the door and when it gets close to that time or you see ppl opening their car doors etc. Go for it! At least that way you get to spend most of the wait in the comfort of your car!

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
thats kinda sweet though. Just find out from security which doors will open first then get a spot in the lot where u can see the door and when it gets close to that time or you see ppl opening their car doors etc. Go for it! At least that way you get to spend most of the wait in the comfort of your car!

See I thought about this but the problem is that this mall has several entrances and they ALL open at 6. I just hope that the one I'll be at (closest to the Apple store) is opened first. I'll be okay if I'm at least one of the first 10 people in line.

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Mall I'm going to (Somerset) wasn't all that helpful all I figured out is the doors open @5 and the Apple Store opens @7. I'm going to get there @4 and hope for the best if I don't get then then oh well I'll wait until at later date.

Eraeradrums

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently waiting for lines to start at the lehigh valley mall in PA. I'm at a 24 hour walmart down the street, they won't let any cars hang out at the mall. Anyone near by wanna wait together? Or anyone know a 24 hour coffee shop to chill at? Thanks and good luck all!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Here's where TiPb's going to be:

Leanna - Cherry Creek Mall, Denver CO.

Chad - Kenwood Towne Center, Cincinatti OH.

Ally - Woodfield Mall Apple Store, Schaumburg, IL.

Go get them. They have a dozen TiPb t-shirts each to give out!

Steve.Tate

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to stop by the Biltmore in Phoenix tomorrow morning and see what the line is like. If it's too long, I'll go to work and come back at lunch and see how it goes. The store opens at 7am and I live right across the street. Maybe the news tonight will show me how many people are already out there.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Rene Ritchie; said:
Here's where TiPb's going to be:

Leanna - Cherry Creek Mall, Denver CO.

Chad - Kenwood Towne Center, Cincinatti OH.

Ally - Woodfield Mall Apple Store, Schaumburg, IL.

Go get them. They have a dozen TiPb t-shirts each to give out!

I have 1 shirt left! Come n get it. Lines starting to wrap around.

mtbenti

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm headed to the Willowbrook Mall in Nj in a few hours, i've got one rserved but a paranoid friend of mine couldnt get through online that day so he wants to go and wait in line, I'm gonna be a good friend and wait with him haha

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
You know, given the choice between getting it early or waiting in line, I think I might have chosen waiting in line, if it was with the awesome TiPB crew!

Jame89

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Chestnut Hill Mall in Chestnut Hill, MA -- just outside of Boston.

I've got one reserved, so don't really have any worries... However, I'm just completely in the dark as to how much of a crowd there will be. I've NEVER (and I'm serious) been to this mall and seen more than 25-50 people in there. It's really weird. Maybe the area is bad? It's all higher-end stores, for the most part, so it doesn't draw the younger crowd. But really, it's weird. I've never been to such a consistently empty mall!

So who knows, maybe I'll be in and out by 7:05? I wish!

Whatsupchia

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah...

I'm going to stop by the Biltmore in Phoenix tomorrow morning and see what the line is like. If it's too long, I'll go to work and come back at lunch and see how it goes. The store opens at 7am and I live right across the street. Maybe the news tonight will show me how many people are already out there.

I will be there at 4 am!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner