Let's meet up at the Apple store on the 24th!

kberry66

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
I'll be at North Point Mall In Alpharetta, GA. I was hoping to get there early but it will be about 8:30 before I can. I did check with one mall here and they said the mall would open at 6:00 am.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the mall. Our Apple store is located inside woodfield mall. We wait outside at a specific entrance, they have an area that's normally specified for iPhone launches, and I'm sure, other product launches. In the past, they never complained about people lining up, the security guards came out around 4am and gave the people waiting numbered wristbands so when hoards of people came, no one that waited all night got cut by some jerk. Around 5:30-6am they open the mall doors and let us wait outside the apple store. they took us in about 15 at a time and the rest waited outside. Eventually the line went all the way from the Apple store outside the mall doors. Woodfield is pretty lax as long as people don't get rowdy but that probably varies from mall to mall. We all waited in one line outside woodfield, security was really cool and apple employees popped in and out all throughout the night, took pics with us and talked with us. It's a fun time, that's why we do it there every year. All the people in line are awesome as well as the mall and apple employees.

I live about an hour or so away from woodfield. I didn't think I would even see anyone that close to me on this forum. :D

stvnnumb25

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Garden State Mall in NJ and then Willowbrook Mall in NJ. :)
Dude, did you reserve the iphone or pickup or are you just going as a walkin? This is my first time buying an iphone, let alone on launch day, and I'm going as a walk-in. I just wanted to know what time you think I should show up at Garden State Mall in order to be one of the first handled at 7 a.m? Also, do you know what time the doors open up?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to cherry creek! already asked the apple store if you can camp and you cant be in the mall... so its going to be a mad dash when they open the doors at 5am :eek:

Awesome! Come find me! I'm hoping to get there around 4:30a. I know they said we can't wait in the parking lot, but I'm going to try. haha. What are they going to do, have a line of cars waiting to get into the parking garage?? That'd be interesting.

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Making the official switch from Blackberry Bold 9000 to the new iPhone4 on Thursday! Going to show up at 2 a.m. to the Chandler Fashion Mall in Arizona. Checked with the mall security and the mall will open up at 5 a.m., but im not taking ANY chances :)

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
You're lucky. The mall I'm going to keeps telling me that they don't know what's going on yet. Well what did you do for the iPad launch or last years iPhone launch I ask. "We don't know" they reply. Grrrrrrr.....

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Awesome! Come find me! I'm hoping to get there around 4:30a. I know they said we can't wait in the parking lot, but I'm going to try. haha. What are they going to do, have a line of cars waiting to get into the parking garage?? That'd be interesting.

They won't let you in the PARKING LOT?! That's ridiculous! Man... I didn't realize some malls were like that. Woodfield is awesome. They have tape and barricades set up for stuff like that. Security also makes sure the people that waited get in the doors and in the store first. They've always been really cool and talked with us outside, and occasionally apple employees come out and mingle a bit or say hey throughout the night.

We do the night before in line mainly just because of the atmosphere. We see some of the same people every year and they're all awesome. We stay up and talk Apple and other tech all night. It's 1 of my only nerd nights a year that Kimmy is willing to participate in because it's actually a lot of fun.. :p

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Now I'm feeling hurt that Apple will send some iPhone 4's for early delivery, but we can't go to the store to get ours one day early!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73