Phew. What a crazy iPhone 4 pre-order day! The Apple Online store went up and came down again and again. No white iPhone 4 were available. Apples new Apple Store app for iPhone came out, and promptly had iPhone pre-ordering removed from its functionality. AT&T managed to disrupt service to the extent people couldnt even complete the ordering process (or even got their account compromised). Not that the TiPb nation stopped trying.

Now as day turns to night, AT&T is sold out, other carriers out-to-lunch (since theyre too busy to announce plans, they must be), we found out international iPhone 4 could now be had unlocked, and were once again rendered near exhausted by Apples pre-event events, we turn the comments over to you.

Celebrate, commiserate, laugh, cry, regale us with your war stories and battle scars, or just mellow out and chat the night away. Youve earned it.
    06-15-2010 09:17 PM
    I'm still without internet at home since Saturday. The one good thing about today was that I was able to do my pre-order via the Apple store app, and will be able to pick up my iPhone 4 when I'm in Orlando on the 24th.

Anyone else going to the Florida Mall?
    06-15-2010 09:21 PM
    I'm embarrassed for AT&T and Apple today. Two huge companies and this is what happens? Oh well it is amazing though that it was AT&Ts biggest day in history. More proof that the Droids are NOT taking over anything anytime soon!

I got my phone coming to my house via apple.com! 9 more days!!
    06-15-2010 09:27 PM
    I'm embarrassed for AT&T and Apple today. Two huge companies and this is what happens? Oh well it is amazing though that it was AT&Ts biggest day in history. More proof that the Droids are NOT taking over anything anytime soon!

I got my phone coming to my house via apple.com! 9 more days!!
    They prepared based on expected numbers, they had no idea how insane it would be, and even if they did there is only so much the servers can take. Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter (which basically only shares TEXT) fail often, and they are the biggest websites on the internet.
    06-15-2010 09:31 PM
    Moments like this makes me glad to own apple & suppliers stock, wow! That aside, a year to prepare and this was the best att could do? What happened to all those postponed vacations? Dealing with att staff is sobering experience. I was able to place my order at my local att store and within an hour, I received an email confirmation.
    06-15-2010 09:39 PM
    Definately a blow to AT&T and Apple, but they'll get over it. As jello said, even Facebook and Twitter crash. It all seems to be working fine now since the initial gold rush has subsided. I am glad that Best Buy and Radio Shack got a slap on the wrist for selling pre-orders for white iPhones from Apple. Clowns. They should know better. Hopefully there are some white iPhones delivered on launch to some, but I would think they would come from Apple or AT&T first.

I haven't heard one thing about Walmart. I find that funny.

For the record, I ordered a 32 gig black iQuattro. It took me all damn day and finally got it about two hours ago. I wonder if they'll let me change my mind to a 16 gig when I get there. Probably not.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 06-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.
    06-15-2010 09:41 PM
    I got mine through ATT at about 5:15 AM EST. Thanks to BrianT and clg82 for suffering through the night with me!!!
    06-15-2010 09:47 PM
    If y'all think this was bad...wait till the 24th! The activation servers are gonna fry. They went down last year, and this is a much bigger upgrade. It's gonna get ugly. I started about 7:00am and tried to preorder until about 4:00pm when it finally went through on apple's site.
    06-15-2010 10:08 PM
    Ok, I'm a happy camper! So here's how my day began:

-Woke up at 4am Pacific Time. Got onto Apple.com and the infamous "We'll Be Back..." sticky was up.

-Kept trying for 2hrs. Finally got in to reserve my i4...only to have it time out on me.

-Downloaded the Apple Store app only to have it crash on me alllll dayyyy long.

-Got off work at 5pm Pacific time and went straight to an Apple store.

-BOOM!!!! Within 5min, I now have a 32GB iPhone 4 reserved

-About 5min after that, I got my confirmation email....

I'll sleep well tonight....I hope. I wish I could wake up tomorrow and have it be the 24th
    Last edited by CHiRS; 06-15-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    06-15-2010 10:19 PM
    I don't see where Apple is sold out? I just pre-ordered mine 30 minutes ago
    06-15-2010 10:26 PM
    AT&T pre orders are sold out...people ordering from Apple's site should be good to go
    06-15-2010 10:28 PM
    I got mine through ATT at about 5:15 AM EST. Thanks to BrianT and clg82 for suffering through the night with me!!!
    no prob. big thanks to you guys for helping to keep me somewhat sane haha...im just glad we were all able to get it ordered!
    06-15-2010 10:35 PM
    It's AT&T that's sold out
    06-15-2010 10:53 PM
    LOL isn't that the truth, it was fun reading about all three of our experiences throughout the morning.....poor brian had to work today though......I don't think I could sit at my desk trying to preorder all day, my day is crazy enough! Any how I started trying to get a pre-order at 2 a.m. this morning and didn't get thru until 8:30 a.m. was it worth it? I don't know we'll see!
    06-15-2010 10:59 PM
    just tried the apple store for craps and giggles and its flowing seamlessly now...go figure haha
    06-15-2010 11:00 PM
    LOL isn't that the truth, it was fun reading about all three of our experiences throughout the morning.....poor brian had to work today though......I don't think I could sit at my desk trying to preorder all day, my day is crazy enough! Any how I started trying to get a pre-order at 2 a.m. this morning and didn't get thru until 8:30 a.m. was it worth it? I don't know we'll see!
    lol yup up at 2...sat around till 330 trying and trying....went to bed...back up at 345 when site came back up....gave up when it wouldnt work at 4am...slept till 6am then tried again no luck...called att twice no luck...decided to check my shopping cart and boom 2 iPhone 4s!!! i made it out the door at 718 right on time for work! so I'm running on 4ish hours of sleep and still kicking!
    06-15-2010 11:02 PM
    If y'all think this was bad...wait till the 24th! The activation servers are gonna fry. They went down last year, and this is a much bigger upgrade. It's gonna get ugly. I started about 7:00am and tried to preorder until about 4:00pm when it finally went through on apple's site.
    I thought we just plug it in and that is how it activates.....i'm assuming that if all of us iphone lovers try to activate at the same time that would cause a problem....I like the thread that someone on here started that said, if everyone on our forum could quit trying to order so I could pre-order mine I would appreciate it....that gave me a chuckle....and believe me (ask my wife) that was the only time I was laughing between cussing and passing out at my desk
    06-15-2010 11:03 PM
    I used my work email that i don't have access to here at home for my preorder. I am going to be soooooo disapointed if their isn't an email in there from ATT in the morning.
    06-15-2010 11:04 PM
    lol yup up at 2...sat around till 330 trying and trying....went to bed...back up at 345 when site came back up....gave up when it wouldnt work at 4am...slept till 6am then tried again no luck...called att twice no luck...decided to check my shopping cart and boom 2 iPhone 4s!!! i made it out the door at 718 right on time for work! so I'm running on 4ish hours of sleep and still kicking!
    Brian my friend you just described my morning lol minus the shopping cart part
    06-15-2010 11:05 PM
    I thought we just plug it in and that is how it activates.....i'm assuming that if all of us iphone lovers try to activate at the same time that would cause a problem....I like the thread that someone on here started that said, if everyone on our forum could quit trying to order so I could pre-order mine I would appreciate it....that gave me a chuckle....and believe me (ask my wife) that was the only time I was laughing between cussing and passing out at my desk
    lol i was quite rude to my wife thanks to the servers....i had some appologies to make lol but all went well with that...

i have to call at&t the day i get my phone cause its linked to my wifes # and i need it to be put onto my # so that should be a fun hour long wait im betting.
    06-15-2010 11:05 PM
    lol i was quite rude to my wife thanks to the servers....i had some appologies to make lol but all went well with that...

i have to call at&t the day i get my phone cause its linked to my wifes # and i need it to be put onto my # so that should be a fun hour long wait im betting.
    What's the deal with everyone saying we're going to have a hard time activating....
    06-15-2010 11:07 PM
    One other question, I pre ordered mine from AT&T from their website this morning got a confirmation number etc....but it still hasn't been deducted from my bank account is this normal? will they wait until it actually ships for that?
    06-15-2010 11:09 PM
    What's the deal with everyone saying we're going to have a hard time activating....
    not sure for most...for people like me it will be annoying probably...

my wifes # is the main one on att so only she was eligible for the upgrade. i am using her upgrade to go towards my phone. so the imei of the new phone will be set to her phone # thus making me have to call at&t prior to activating it and have them set the imei # to my phone # and the micro-sim not sure wtf is going to happen there...im just gonna play it by ear and see what happens. IMO the worst part has to be over now haha. we survived pre-ordering the rest is downhill from here.
    06-15-2010 11:09 PM
    Got in on 32gb Black. after about three hours or so of trying with apples site, got my order in on at&t's site at 1:52pm est. Got a conformation email with an order number but have not been billed yet. I use the debit card and heard thats the norm so fingers crossed on being be good to go on the 24'th.
    06-15-2010 11:16 PM
    My gf and I both got our preorders in today but there's no guarantee we will have them release day but max within 5 days there of, so it's cool
    06-15-2010 11:18 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD