Official ?I survived iPhone 4 pre-order day? thread

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
lol i was quite rude to my wife thanks to the servers....i had some appologies to make lol but all went well with that...

i have to call at&t the day i get my phone cause its linked to my wifes # and i need it to be put onto my # so that should be a fun hour long wait im betting.

What's the deal with everyone saying we're going to have a hard time activating....

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
One other question, I pre ordered mine from AT&T from their website this morning got a confirmation number etc....but it still hasn't been deducted from my bank account is this normal? will they wait until it actually ships for that?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
What's the deal with everyone saying we're going to have a hard time activating....

not sure for most...for people like me it will be annoying probably...

my wifes # is the main one on att so only she was eligible for the upgrade. i am using her upgrade to go towards my phone. so the imei of the new phone will be set to her phone # thus making me have to call at&t prior to activating it and have them set the imei # to my phone # and the micro-sim not sure wtf is going to happen there...im just gonna play it by ear and see what happens. IMO the worst part has to be over now haha. we survived pre-ordering the rest is downhill from here.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Got in on 32gb Black. after about three hours or so of trying with apples site, got my order in on at&t's site at 1:52pm est. Got a conformation email with an order number but have not been billed yet. I use the debit card and heard thats the norm so fingers crossed on being be good to go on the 24'th.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My gf and I both got our preorders in today but there's no guarantee we will have them release day but max within 5 days there of, so it's cool :)

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I just tried the apple website and they seem to be up and running perfectly....but they say it will ship on July 2nd?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
when the ship has sailed

Got in on 32gb Black. after about three hours or so of trying with apples site, got my order in on at&t's site at 1:52pm est. Got a conformation email with an order number but have not been billed yet. I use the debit card and heard thats the norm so fingers crossed on being be good to go on the 24'th.

When I ordered my iPad it wasn't put on my creditcard until a week later, the same day I got the tracking number since it just left China. I think it will be the same for you guys. The activation thing, think millions of other people just like you trying to activate their phones on the very first day they get it bound to be some delays. I usually just hold off till the next day when the rush is over and activate easy peasy. I certainly hope here in Canada we wont have the same problems on pre-order day.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
When I ordered my iPad it wasn't put on my creditcard until a week later, the same day I got the tracking number since it just left China. I think it will be the same for you guys. The activation thing, think millions of other people just like you trying to activate their phones on the very first day they get it bound to be some delays. I usually just hold off till the next day when the rush is over and activate easy peasy. I certainly hope here in Canada we wont have the same problems on pre-order day.

So it's not unusual for AT&T to not charge me right away even though I got a conformation number etc.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So, I went to the AT&T store at 5:30 CST, and I completed my preorder. Of course, I may not get my iphones until 7/5 (or later, who knows). I wonder if I cancel my preorder with AT&T tomorrow and walk into an apple store if they'll be able to reserve a phone for me to pick up on the 24th? I have to ship my current 3GS to gazelle.com before 7/7 to get my quoted sale price, and I don't want to be without a cell phone in the interim.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So, I went to the AT&T store at 5:30 CST, and I completed my preorder. Of course, I may not get my iphones until 7/5 (or later, who knows). I wonder if I cancel my preorder with AT&T tomorrow and walk into an apple store if they'll be able to reserve a phone for me to pick up on the 24th? I have to ship my current 3GS to gazelle.com before 7/7 to get my quoted sale price, and I don't want to be without a cell phone in the interim.

find someone who has a spare old AT&T phone to use?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
give it a day I say

So it's not unusual for AT&T to not charge me right away even though I got a conformation number etc.

I didn't know you meant AT&T I was talking about Apple. Well by tomorrow the madness should have died down so if they haven't charged you just give them a call to see if they charge you once it ships.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I survived and managed to order through Apple around
7pm today. I was actually at the submit screen twice
when going through att and one time it timed out and
the other, it logged me out.

Now... the next question is: Can I get any rest for the
next 9 days?

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I was relatively lucky. The store opened at 9.00am in the UK. I managed to get into my basket at 9.14 found 5 of them in there! Sorted that and got the confirmation email around an hour later. If I can get to the 24th without my Wife finding out how much I've just spent on it and murdering me, it should be a great day!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

In the past all activations went through iTunes and Apple's servers. With so many people activating the same day the servers crash! Crash! Crash! LOL. This year though, I got an activation number to activate through ATT's website. I'll still have to sync through iTunes though... we'll see. Last year it took me over 8 hours to get my 3GS activated. Apple had to give out iTunes gift cards to many users b/c it took them over 24 hours to activate. Monday could be pretty hard on iTunes servers as well b/c of the 4.0 update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods