My pre order went really well in only a few minutes. I can't wait!
    06-15-2010 11:30 PM
    I just tried the apple website and they seem to be up and running perfectly....but they say it will ship on July 2nd?
    06-15-2010 11:31 PM
    I just tried the apple website and they seem to be up and running perfectly....but they say it will ship on July 2nd?
    yup at this point if you pre-order now you wont get the phone till after July 4th...glad i got in on it this morning!
    06-15-2010 11:33 PM
    Got in on 32gb Black. after about three hours or so of trying with apples site, got my order in on at&t's site at 1:52pm est. Got a conformation email with an order number but have not been billed yet. I use the debit card and heard thats the norm so fingers crossed on being be good to go on the 24'th.
    When I ordered my iPad it wasn't put on my creditcard until a week later, the same day I got the tracking number since it just left China. I think it will be the same for you guys. The activation thing, think millions of other people just like you trying to activate their phones on the very first day they get it bound to be some delays. I usually just hold off till the next day when the rush is over and activate easy peasy. I certainly hope here in Canada we wont have the same problems on pre-order day.
    06-15-2010 11:33 PM
    When I ordered my iPad it wasn't put on my creditcard until a week later, the same day I got the tracking number since it just left China. I think it will be the same for you guys. The activation thing, think millions of other people just like you trying to activate their phones on the very first day they get it bound to be some delays. I usually just hold off till the next day when the rush is over and activate easy peasy. I certainly hope here in Canada we wont have the same problems on pre-order day.
    So it's not unusual for AT&T to not charge me right away even though I got a conformation number etc.
    06-15-2010 11:36 PM
    yup at this point if you pre-order now you wont get the phone till after July 4th...glad i got in on it this morning!
    LOL we had our own iphone support group this morning......
    06-15-2010 11:37 PM
    So, I went to the AT&T store at 5:30 CST, and I completed my preorder. Of course, I may not get my iphones until 7/5 (or later, who knows). I wonder if I cancel my preorder with AT&T tomorrow and walk into an apple store if they'll be able to reserve a phone for me to pick up on the 24th? I have to ship my current 3GS to gazelle.com before 7/7 to get my quoted sale price, and I don't want to be without a cell phone in the interim.
    06-15-2010 11:39 PM
    So, I went to the AT&T store at 5:30 CST, and I completed my preorder. Of course, I may not get my iphones until 7/5 (or later, who knows). I wonder if I cancel my preorder with AT&T tomorrow and walk into an apple store if they'll be able to reserve a phone for me to pick up on the 24th? I have to ship my current 3GS to gazelle.com before 7/7 to get my quoted sale price, and I don't want to be without a cell phone in the interim.
    find someone who has a spare old AT&T phone to use?
    06-15-2010 11:42 PM
    Very excited to be apart of the launch. Was fun staying up all night on the TiPb forums!
    06-15-2010 11:44 PM
    Very excited to be apart of the launch. Was fun staying up all night on the TiPb forums!
    +1 for that. i cant say it was fun at the time per say but looking back it was good times haha.
    06-15-2010 11:45 PM
    So it's not unusual for AT&T to not charge me right away even though I got a conformation number etc.
    I didn't know you meant AT&T I was talking about Apple. Well by tomorrow the madness should have died down so if they haven't charged you just give them a call to see if they charge you once it ships.
    06-15-2010 11:49 PM
    I survived and managed to order through Apple around
    7pm today. I was actually at the submit screen twice
    when going through att and one time it timed out and
    the other, it logged me out.

Now... the next question is: Can I get any rest for the
    next 9 days?
    06-15-2010 11:52 PM
    I was relatively lucky. The store opened at 9.00am in the UK. I managed to get into my basket at 9.14 found 5 of them in there! Sorted that and got the confirmation email around an hour later. If I can get to the 24th without my Wife finding out how much I've just spent on it and murdering me, it should be a great day!
    06-16-2010 01:49 AM
    What's the deal with everyone saying we're going to have a hard time activating....
    In the past all activations went through iTunes and Apple's servers. With so many people activating the same day the servers crash! Crash! Crash! LOL. This year though, I got an activation number to activate through ATT's website. I'll still have to sync through iTunes though... we'll see. Last year it took me over 8 hours to get my 3GS activated. Apple had to give out iTunes gift cards to many users b/c it took them over 24 hours to activate. Monday could be pretty hard on iTunes servers as well b/c of the 4.0 update.
    06-16-2010 11:34 AM
    no prob. big thanks to you guys for helping to keep me somewhat sane haha...im just glad we were all able to get it ordered!
    Yup. Now all we have to do is suffer til the 24th. At least we'll get 4.0 on the 21st to keep us happy.
    06-16-2010 11:39 AM
    LOL isn't that the truth, it was fun reading about all three of our experiences throughout the morning.....poor brian had to work today though......I don't think I could sit at my desk trying to preorder all day, my day is crazy enough! Any how I started trying to get a pre-order at 2 a.m. this morning and didn't get thru until 8:30 a.m. was it worth it? I don't know we'll see!
    Yeah I felt bad for poor Brian yesterday. I just had school and that was hard enough with only a couple hours sleep.

They've put a hold on my account for the amount. But it hasn't gone through yet.

+1 for that. i cant say it was fun at the time per say but looking back it was good times haha.
    No joke!!! I had different browsers and different windows going feverishly cussing the whole time. But today, all I can do is laugh about it. The funny thing is trying to explain it to non-iPhone users. They think I'm ridiculous for staying up all night for a phone! LOL
    Last edited by Justin; 06-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    06-16-2010 11:41 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD